I remember the archery balance council a long time ago.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Lol @ people who think torn banner will balance this game.

I hope but TB has this reputaation of leaving broken things or unbalanced things permanent in their game.

Look at HWS. I don’t get how it is in the game its so ANTI FUN its disgusting.

Archers being retardely OP need a big nerf and change while still being usefull but not necessary.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Lol @ people who think torn banner will balance this game.

JUST GOTTA BELIEVE, ITLL ALL COME TOGETHER SOON…… Maybe :,(

• Archer h/k ration is the biggest issue for me but I agree with most of your other change ideas as well. I don’t think having scatter with the projectiles is needed but I would be a ok with moving accuracy modifier.

• Well yeah right now you have perfect accuracy while jumping.

• Perfect accuracy while jumping is nice for very tricky shots like getting over shields or shooting over obstacles. I would be ok with perfect accuracy while jumping if a player is standing still while they jumped but we could give it the modifier if they were running and jumping.

• Well jumping over shields and firing you could still do at point blank range duh with inaccuracy.

Right now archers just hop everywhere while firing their arrows during archer duels to avoid getting hit. It just looks dumb.

• I wouldn’t mind a spread system similar to counterstrike’s. But losing jumpshots would kinda suck.

I would also suggest longer reload for crossbows, slightly slower strafe speed while aiming for crossbows,
    and probably lower ammo counts across the board.

I also really liked the idea of lowering the damage for body/leg/arm hits but keeping it so that headshots still do a ton. Seems like a good way balance nerfing the class, while still keeping it rewarding to play.

and holy fucking shit please for the love of god nerf heavy xbow damage.

• I hope they do archer balancing right after the handlehitless patch ;)

• As long as archers don’t flinch on every single hit I think they’d be less annoying, even so they need a damagenerf, pronto.

• heavy crossbow is like throwing a maul at someone every 2 seconds

except it has the longest range in the game and you get a ton of them

• @zombojoe:

heavy crossbow is like throwing a maul at someone every 2 seconds

But even a maul can’t one shot a maa to the torso

• tbs pls

/10ch

• @Le:

But even a maul can’t one shot a maa to the torso

top fuking kek, lol

• thats right but im certain you can kick a MAA to death after a hit

• @Sophax:

I hope but TB has this reputaation of leaving broken things or unbalanced things permanent in their game.

Look at HWS. I don’t get how it is in the game its so ANTI FUN its disgusting.

Archers being retardely OP need a big nerf and change while still being usefull but not necessary.

hws is fun

to use haha

• Mod

@zombojoe:

thats right but im certain you can kick a MAA to death after a hit

Yeah you need a kick if you hit their torso. Annoying with how inconsistent kicks are, goes right through them sometimes and they get a few free hits off.

• Kicks in general need to be addressed, tbs pls.

• Heavy crossbow and warbow need a damage nerf to begin with, at least against armour. Remove the pierceblunt from bodkin and change back to pierce.

Oddly enough the best suggestions actually come from real life archery.

Heavy crossbow should take much longer to reload. Remove the looking up whilst reloading bug/feature.

Bows should require stamina to draw, warbow should drain incredibly quickly making you fire within a second or two of drawing. IRL a warbow is a longbow that has a draw weight well over 100 pounds, you didn’t pull it back and aim for a few seconds, you had to draw and fire in one movement. I’m not calling for that but, there should be a risk vs. reward for using it.

Warbow should be the longest range weapon that requires aiming up a bit to account for range. Crossbow range should probably be reduced a bit. Again both of these changes are realistic and also add balance.

I would see the warbow as the sniper rifle equivalent and the heavy crossbow more like a rocket launcher.

• @Dr:

I would see the warbow as the sniper rifle equivalent and the heavy crossbow more like a rocket launcher.

This for me is where the problem starts. Bows and arrows are not GUNS. I can see why they’ve been implemented that way, chivalry’s history is as a mod for shooters, most if not all first person games are shooters to some degree. If you want your game to have appeal then you need to have that class as an ‘in’, where people can pick something they’re instantly familiar with and play. Thing is they shouldn’t STAY there, they should see what fun the game’s combat is from their perches and graduate to a proper class, not become a game ending ranged terror.

The archery as it stands in Chiv behaves more like rifles in terms of accuracy and effectiveness, and you’re beginning to see why historically everyone gave up on wearing heavy armour and marching towards each other for a big metal scrap. The only way to get anything like a fight on Chiv now is to put an archer limit on the server, and that’s the most telling thing of all.

The best fights happen on No Archer servers, where people get to move freely and focus only on footwork rather than having to run around like a maniac to avoid a headshot from someone they haven’t even seen.

Chivalry had a chance to be the one game where being the asshole sitting in a bush 200 meters from the fight wasn’t an option, and it blew it.

• @McLumberjack:

Chivalry had a chance to be the one game where being the asshole sitting in a bush 200 meters from the fight wasn’t an option, and it blew it.

Pssst… hey kid, want some archery lessons?