Auto-Balance

• Would it be possible to change the Auto-Balance so that it instead of just looking at the number of members actually tries to balance the complete level of the Players? Multiple times thanks to the “auto-balances” i have seen that it ended up like that:
    Agathas got 3 High level players and 7 Low level players
    Masons got 8 High level players and 2 low level players
    and then if Agatha had one (low level player) more and another player would join and somehow get to Agatha or if through anything Agatha should get 2 (low level) players more than Masons which could even the odds (lets face it… against good players, especially with 3rd person combat-ballet will most likely still just slaughter through them) one of the agathas gets transitioned to masons… and atleast for me and i could imagine for other players too, that this is a little bit frustrating… because there is no real “Balance” in that “Auto-Balance”

• @Großadmiral:

Would it be possible to change the Auto-Balance so that it instead of just looking at the number of members actually tries to balance the complete level of the Players? Multiple times thanks to the “auto-balances” i have seen that it ended up like that:
    Agathas got 3 High level players and 7 Low level players
    Masons got 8 High level players and 2 low level players
    and then if Agatha had one (low level player) more and another player would join and somehow get to Agatha or if through anything Agatha should get 2 (low level) players more than Masons which could even the odds (lets face it… against good players, especially with 3rd person combat-ballet will most likely still just slaughter through them) one of the agathas gets transitioned to masons… and atleast for me and i could imagine for other players too, that this is a little bit frustrating… because there is no real “Balance” in that “Auto-Balance”

I don’t know what servers you play on but over here in pubs anyway all the newbs pick one team and all the high ranks stack the other side, btw welcome to chivalry….

• you can save you the “welcome” i’m playing since some time just had a longer pause and i’m playing official EUs^^

• Auto balance is a joke.

Make it last one to join again, last to die is just awful. You get bounced around teams sometimes two or three times in one round.

• NS2 auto-balance is pretty sweet, it could work in chiv.
    Rank balance? Nah.

• @Chimpanzer:

Auto balance is a joke.

Make it last one to join again, last to die is just awful. You get bounced around teams sometimes two or three times in one round.

This literally happened to me three times out of the four matches I played on pubs today, after the fourth time I promptly rage quit…

• here is an example of this “Balance”

one side has nearly all guys over level 25 while the other team has 5 Guys under level 25 and even after auto-balance the advantage only changes slightly.

• @Großadmiral:

here is an example of this “Balance”

one side has nearly all guys over level 25 while the other team has 5 Guys under level 25 and even after auto-balance the advantage only changes slightly.

Don’t forget that most high ranks are friends with each other and play together a lot anyway, sure sucks how teams are always stacked in pubs though ofc…

• @Großadmiral:

here is an example of this “Balance”

previously I always joined with the lowranks because it was a chance for me to improve myself to fight against lots of high ranks. But I got tired of carrying teams especially when I never got any backup at the objective. So now I always defend on every map and I don’t care about who’s on my team or not.

• @Xylvion:

previously I always joined with the lowranks because it was a chance for me to improve myself to fight against lots of high ranks. But I got tired of carrying teams especially when I never got any backup at the objective. So now I always defend on every map and I don’t care about who’s on my team or not.

Have fun trying to defend on lag-post and that other new map…

• RAGE

Just leaving that there so I have a post in every single autobalance thread.

• @dudeface:

RAGE

Just leaving that there so I have a post in every single autobalance thread.

I need to start doing that…

• You know your auto balance works when it doesn’t balance correctly.

• No. Just let it take the people who contribute the least towards the game. Don’t let rank be an influence. Make sure #1 player can never be auto balanced.

• @SOC:

No. Just let it take the people who contribute the least towards the game. Don’t let rank be an influence. Make sure #1 player can never be auto balanced.

Yes pls, dunno why this isn’t a thing already…

• Knowing Torn Banner, we probably shouldn’t expect any difficult formulas to who should be balanced.

How would you guys feel about this: The player with the LEAST objective points gets switched. Think about that.

Pros:
    *Killhungry players may just as well score kills on the other team.
    *Players who have single-handedly carried the objective are guaranteed not to be switched.
    *Dying no longer has anything to do with whether or not you’ll be switched. The latest to join however, is very likely to have the least objective points.

Cons:
    *Letting other players push a cart while you fight off all the attackers isn’t recognized as someone who cares about the objective.

• @Rickvs:

How would you guys feel about this: The player with the LEAST objective points gets switched. Think about that.

Pros:
    *Killhungry players may just as well score kills on the other team.
    *Players who have single-handedly carried the objective are guaranteed not to be switched.
    *Dying no longer has anything to do with whether or not you’ll be switched. The latest to join however, is very likely to have the least objective points.

Cons:
    *Letting other players push a cart while you fight off all the attackers isn’t recognized as someone who cares about the objective.

Makes sense to me. It’s kinda annoying to play the main role in completing objectives just to get switched and watch your old teammates finish it without you.

• @Rickvs:

Knowing Torn Banner, we probably shouldn’t expect any difficult formulas to who should be balanced.

Cons:

Great idea, but I agree with the quoted con. When attacking and not doing very well, I sometimes like to buddy up with someone and hold enemy reinforcements near their spawn for as long as possible to give the cart pushers a bit of breathing space. It’s a valid pub tactic and it can be effective. Still a good idea though, and even with that slight con it’d be better than what we already have.

• nice idea… but on the other hand this seems to work only for the Team that has to PUSH the Objective… how would it be defined for the Team that has to defend the Objective? E.g. defend the gate etc.?

• @Großadmiral:

nice idea… but on the other hand this seems to work only for the Team that has to PUSH the Objective… how would it be defined for the Team that has to defend the Objective? E.g. defend the gate etc.?

Most maps already reward defenders for killing enemies near the objective.

This is how you can already get objective points by stopping the Corpse Wagon or killing the enemies before they get a chance at slaying the last Family in Dark Forest, for example.