Outpost changes

• Here a few changes that would make the map more competitive and ejoyable.

The map is realy balanced and competitive except for the last objective.

You can easily shoot the chieftans with archers from afar or just rush them. This is not fun or kewl its rather stupid.

(OFCOURSE ARCHERS DEAL WAY TOO MUCH DAMAGE ANYWAYS)

What I suggest is that you have a “kill the king objective” or capture the tower objectives in order to win.

One player or multiple players, spawns as a general(s) and has to survive AND defend the capturable tower. This would be a realy cool and dynamic objective.

The king can’t run and kite since he needs to defend the point and he can’t play reckless because he’ll die and his team will lose the objective.

Do this or anything to make the chieftains a more fun or engaging objective or the map will not be played competetively which is sad.

-Reduce the timers a bit. Make them similar to darkforest.

• I definitely agree, this map definitely has a competitive potential, given that TBS is willing to tweak it in the right direction.

• nice idea… personal opinion: 2 players (best?) should spawn as the Chieftains with SLIGHTLY above average health and stamina, fixed Equipment without shields (like Kings normaly) and how about a penalty if they leave the area around the tower, so that they don’t even try to kill every enemy before the gates (e.g. no recovering)

• Global Moderator

Yeah I’d think it would better to at least move them to the top of the tower. They are spread out all over the place so its hard to defend them and the tower.

• @lemonater47:

Yeah I’d think it would better to at least move them to the top of the tower. They are spread out all over the place so its hard to defend them and the tower.

The tower is not the problem, Archers can end the objective way too easily.
    There was a rough scrim test we did, and this is the conclusion.

• Global Moderator

@Butcher_:

The tower is not the problem, Archers can end the objective way too easily.
    There was a rough scrim test we did, and this is the conclusion.

Yeah but if they are at the too of the tower the archers can’t get at them so easy. They either have to go all the way to the left where the catapult is or physically in the tower.

And when you play with 32 players it would be very hard indeed for the archers to get at them.

• Yeah, the last part is a letdown. I thought the best part of the map was protecting the wagon while being ambushed from all sides ; now that was something fresh. But… yeah, the chieftains are a bit of a pushover.

I’m still ashamed of how one of them managed to beat my ass though

• As Großadmiral Thrawn stated, it would be cool if 2-3 best players would become the cheftains. (keeping their weapons/classes but with a health boost and a skin change)

BTW the bot suicides if he gets stuck/can’t find a waypoint (dunno).

• @Vesanus:

As Großadmiral Thrawn stated, it would be cool if 2-3 best players would become the cheftains. (keeping their weapons/classes but with a health boost and a skin change)

Was hillarious when we struggeled to defend the last one and he just suicided eh?

First part is a bit too large as well imo, the timers for some objectives are long and ridicolous as well. Other than that this map got some great potential even though nothing makes sense on the map what-so-ever.

• @Vesanus:

I think this is my favorite part of the new maps, brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw it happen lol…

• I suggested in another thread that you should have to kill the Chieftains first before you capture the tower. If you made the top 4 players chieftains that would also increase difficulty

• @Retsnom:

I suggested in another thread that you should have to kill the Chieftains first before you capture the tower. If you made the top 4 players chieftains that would also increase difficulty

Anything to make it more difficult for attacking. This idea sounds cool to try out though.

• I really like the fact that the last objective consists of two separate targets. Wouldn’t change that for the world. But yeah, the way chieftains are handled could be better.
    Also, I’d really suggest tweaking the timers, especially for the first objective. If the defenders are wrecking, it takes ages to win the game.

• i wouldn’t make it to many Chieftains if they are played by the best players, i spoke that thought in a round i had before and one or 2 of the better players ment that this could be quite OP (even if they only have slightly higher values) and as i said, i’d say no Shields because then i think it could become to easy to defend (against archers)… just thinking

• Not playable chieftains. The sense of having 2 differents objectives will not exist anymore. They would all go to the tower.

• @Bardaf:

Not playable chieftains. The sense of having 2 differents objectives will not exist anymore. They would all go to the tower.

Agatha can cata the tower, but I hate playing defense on outpost just because its impossible to defend the chieftains…

• what about agatha spawning too close to the barricade they have to destroy? it’s a joke how close you are too it, it’s about enough time for a vanguard to build a charge and charge into it.

• Also the ballista does way too much damage to the barricade, and has easy free shots into Agatha spawn.

• Two players spawning as chieftains with double health would be an amazing last objective.

Save me from kicking the chieftains around the map into a safer position.