Do you enjoy reading manga/manhwa/manhua etc.?

• Haven’t seen a thread like this yet (did some search too). Like the topic title says, I’m curious if you’re into this kinda stuff. If you do, it would be cool if you recommended some interesting titles (in before you post some yaoi shit) - I’m kinda short on reading material.

Well then,
    FORWAAAAARD

• I READ THE NARUTOS

WHERE ARE MY NARUTOS THIS WEEK

• YOU SHOUNEN SCRUB

I do read Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, but only out of sentiment. I started reading them as a teenager, now I’m more into seinens.

Shounens reek :<

• Naruto is shit…so much better than that…

• Grown men reading comics.

• no its gay

• @CRUSHED:

no its gay

^
    /10weeeaabooss

• Was gonna so no it’s gay but crushed was faster. Now I’m just gonna say no because I have a penis.

• pls

• Never was into reading manga as much as anime, I just prefer seeing things in motion is all. However, the first manga I’ve read because the anime left on such a high note and it didn’t sell too well so we’d never see a second season was Aku no Hana. Very interesting story that I didn’t expect at all. The anime was rotoscoped as well, very off putting at first, but I got used to it(even though I prefer the manga design for the characters). Also considering reading all of Berserk since the anime end was pretty abrupt and I hear there’s so much more. Also if you’re into VNs Saya no Uta was great. Dark, disturbingly atmospheric very interesting story. Is on the short side of ~10 hrs with 3 endings, and minus a few extraneous ero-scenes was a great read/play.

• Berserk was suppsed to be released in a few volumes at once (correct me if I’m wrong) a couple of months ago. I was waiting for it eagerly and… I got ONE chapter after a year and a half of waiting. And the next one is going to be released in about a month or so, so it’s pretty meh (not that I’m in a position to whine since all I do is read scanlations lel).

Never read Aku no Hana, since it’s shounen-ish but I might just give it a try

• If you’re over 18 and still watching cartoons or reading comics then there is something seriously wrong with you.

• @VY:

Berserk was suppsed to be released in a few volumes at once (correct me if I’m wrong) a couple of months ago. I was waiting for it eagerly and… I got ONE chapter after a year and a half of waiting. And the next one is going to be released in about a month or so, so it’s pretty meh (not that I’m in a position to whine since all I do is read scanlations lel).

Never read Aku no Hana, since it’s shounen-ish but I might just give it a try

Ah damn that blows. Waiting is never the fun part. Hm I’ve never once thought of Aku no Hana as more than a sliver of shounen. Definitely not comparable to any of the other shounen shows listed in this thread. It’s moreso a psychological thriller and a depiction of the breakdown of one’s psyche through self discovery by an overbearing external impetus. Very interesting stuff to me and not the average highschool drama it may appear to be on the surface. I’m bored at work atm, got anything of the psych thriller or perhaps horror genre that you’d recommend?

@rumpelstiltskin:

If you’re over 18 and still watching cartoons or reading comics then there is something seriously wrong with you.

3edgy5me

• I only read Berserk every 3 years or so. That way I’m assured to get at least 2 new chapters.

• @venomblade:

I’m bored at work atm, got anything of the psych thriller or perhaps horror genre that you’d recommend?

-6000 is pretty scary imo, it’s not a typical gore horror.
    -Dorohedoro is kinda twisted, it has its fun moments tho
    -Tokyo Ghoul is interesting, but on the other hand not so psych or even spooky. It does have a horror setting and a very interesting art
    -Ajin, same as Tokyo Ghoul. Interesting art, not too shabby story but it’s lacking something, can’t tell exactly what it is :P
    -I am a Hero. It’s a great manga if you like zombies/survival stories. The art is good too, the main character might piss you off at first but it gets more interesting later on the story
    -Hideout. I don’t like the art that much, but it’s damn unsettling as far as horror goes.
    **-**Panorama of Hell. Haven’t read it yet but I hear that it’s pretty good

• Anime < Hentai…

Admit it guys…

• @Terminally:

Anime < Hentai…

Admit it guys…

I’m sorry, but I don’t get aroused by animated females (or males in that matter). Plus, you know… those tentacles :/

• @VY:

-6000 is pretty scary imo, it’s not a typical gore horror.
    -Dorohedoro is kinda twisted, it has its fun moments tho
    -Tokyo Ghoul is interesting, but on the other hand not so psych or even spooky. It does have a horror setting and a very interesting art
    -Ajin, same as Tokyo Ghoul. Interesting art, not too shabby story but it’s lacking something, can’t tell exactly what it is :P
    -I am a Hero. It’s a great manga if you like zombies/survival stories. The art is good too, the main character might piss you off at first but it gets more interesting later on the story
    -Hideout. I don’t like the art that much, but it’s damn unsettling as far as horror goes.
    **-**Panorama of Hell. Haven’t read it yet but I hear that it’s pretty good

Nice, thanks for the great list, think I’ll start I am a Hero now.

• @VY:

I’m sorry, but I don’t get aroused by animated females (or males in that matter). Plus, you know… those tentacles :/

Are you sure?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

If you’re over 18 and still watching cartoons or reading comics then there is something seriously wrong with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_6l-WiwDdI

nutn’ wrong with me, I swer on me mum