FIX 2H FLINCH TIMES

• I made a basic video of what happens when you combo normally on people who will attack as soon as their flinch time is over (bots like to do this so I used them). I also showed what a player who uses accelerated attacks can do to ruin the game for anyone who doesn’t play sword of war.

This shit really needs to be fixed. Slow weapons should not be excluded from basic combat mechanics of the game. They weren’t before so they shouldn’t be now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRBk8vNv6xc

EDIT: Someone posted a video of how the recovery time for zwei and low flinch time shows 1handers getting a freehit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFvY…ature=youtu.be

• They should raise the 2H flinch times ASAP. TB do you even play your own game. Hittrades are not fun or kewl.

• CFTP

/thread

JK lol, no I actually agree

• @Nohbdy111:

CFTP

/thread

Band-aid on a gunshot wound m8. Totally not even the point.

I shouldn’t have to waste stamina or even effort doing that when I was able to combo before without lookdown overheads giving me a hemorrhoid.

• Yup. Combat had a nice ebb and flow before. You’d tell new players about initiative, that if they got hit then they shouldn’t try to hit back right away, and when they scored a hit they should be ready to press their advantage. Now it’s a fucking spammy free for all shitshow of the highest proportions where just hammering attack will score you an occasional lucky kill regardless.

I have no idea what possessed them to make this change.

• @KILLBANDS:

Band-aid on a gunshot wound m8. Totally not even the point.

I shouldn’t have to waste stamina or even effort doing that when I was able to combo before without lookdown overheads giving me a hemorrhoid.

do you even joke m8

• @Karasu:

do you even joke m8

I’m glad it is a joke. However, when I mentioned this being broken before people actually said that as a serious response sadly.

@McLumberjack:

I have no idea what possessed them to make this change.

Certain individuals claiming it to be for the greater good of the competitive scene…

• I wouldn’t say i’m for .8 flinch, it’s a bit to much, .9 is prob better but your video is very funny, idk you combo all the time with a slow weapon and you expect to never be punish lolz ? personally when i play grandmace, dubaxe or slow weapon like this in duel or even the rest of the time, i don’t combo all the time like a dumb and i find easy to bait people who want to exploit the .8 flinch, HIT step back, HIT, works awesome vs hws genius.

• @Edmund:

I wouldn’t say i’m for .8 flinch, it’s a bit to much, .9 is prob better but your video is very funny, idk you combo all the time with a slow weapon and you expect to never be punish lolz ? personally when i play grandmace, dubaxe or slow weapon like this in duel or even the rest of the time, i don’t combo all the time like a dumb and i find easy to bait people who want to exploit the .8 flinch, HIT step back, HIT, works awesome vs hws genius.

Attacker/defender situations should have consistency to it. If you score a hit the general idea is you have the initiative and you should press your advantage NOT go back to being defensive, not allowed to combo because all fast weapons can exploit a low flinch time. There are already other ways to take initiative away from the attacker - it should not be spamming accelerated attacks in any case.

Your solution of expecting people to take advantage of it is great and all but that’s not a fix. It’s a circumvention.

I played like an idiot and did not accelerate or delay attacks intentionally for the simple point of NORMAL COMBOS (that hit on the MIDDLE of release time) can be flinched, hit traded and knocked away and so on. It’s simply a breakage of the normal combat flow and rewards those who spam a 1 trick pony.

Can you imagine how frustrating this is for a new player to come into a combat system with no consistency let alone a veteran who manages to deal with it? The flinch time needs to be reverted or changed for slower weapons.

• I’m not 100% sure on the flinch question in a way i don’t like it totally because this increase the number of gambler i guess but in another way and it’s probably more important, i think it’s just to easy if you can safely combo because you know, your opponent can’t do anything else to block, read, evade (playing defensively), the game is about reaction you have to be ready to cftp or just step back and counter the flinch attempt with a bit of footwork, it’s just to damn easy if you don’t have to think, to watch what your opponent do because anyway who cares he have to wait for your action, this require more stamina for cftp yh.

• @Edmund:

I’m not 100% sure on the flinch question in a way i don’t like it totally because this increase the number of gambler i guess but in another way and it’s probably more important, i think it’s just to easy if you can safely combo because you know, your opponent can’t do anything else to block, read, evade (playing defensively), the game is about reaction you have to be ready to cftp or just step back and counter the flinch attempt with a bit of footwork, it’s just to damn easy if you don’t have to think, to watch what your opponent do because anyway who cares he have to wait for your action, this require more stamina for cftp yh.

Footwork, ability of using kicks, reading someones attacks and learning to parry correctly is much better than the reliance of combo feint to parry and accelerated attack spam for people. Consistency is key! Not random variables. That is not some kind of reactionary advanced play, it’s using two tricks to cover up many other good mechanics to learn and use. cftp wouldn’t stop the hittrade spam anyway.

• @Edmund:

I’m not 100% sure on the flinch question in a way i don’t like it totally because this increase the number of gambler i guess but in another way and it’s probably more important, i think it’s just to easy if you can safely combo because you know, your opponent can’t do anything else to block, read, evade (playing defensively), the game is about reaction you have to be ready to cftp or just step back and counter the flinch attempt with a bit of footwork, it’s just to damn easy if you don’t have to think, to watch what your opponent do because anyway who cares he have to wait for your action, this require more stamina for cftp yh.

That whole post was retarded.
    Parrying or being defensive is not a bad thing because ripostes exist which allow you to switch from the defensive back to the offensive.
    Not to mention that you can use footwork and ducks to avoid attacks to begin with.

• Yeah, the flinch was increased for 2hs forever ago for a reason. It was set at 1.1 because that’s the reasonable window where a Maul would be able to combo against a fast 1hander like a norse sword. People complained that was too long, seemingly forgetting all about how easily 1handers could interrupt 2handers mid-combo before the change (because they were dead set on everything in patch 2 being a disaster and a horrible change). Toning it all the way back down to the same as 1h again was definitely a mistake.

• @SlyGoat:

Yeah, the flinch was increased for 2hs forever ago for a reason. It was set at 1.1 because that’s the reasonable window where a Maul would be able to combo against a fast 1hander like a norse sword. People complained that was too long, seemingly forgetting all about how easily 1handers could interrupt 2handers mid-combo before the change (because they were dead set on everything in patch 2 being a disaster and a horrible change). Toning it all the way back down to the same as 1h again was definitely a mistake.

Yup, higher flinch times were probably one of the few good things about that patch…

• Combo feint to parry sounds, at least to me, like something that should be used to recover from a mistake: a missed hit followed up by a combo meaning you’ve created an opening. If you see that opening, see that it’s going to be taken advantage of, then you have an option.

A hit is not a mistake, it’s a success. You shouldn’t have to recover from a success and success should not leave you vulnerable.

• @SlyGoat:

Yeah, the flinch was increased for 2hs forever ago for a reason. It was set at 1.1 because that’s the reasonable window where a Maul would be able to combo against a fast 1hander like a norse sword. People complained that was too long, seemingly forgetting all about how easily 1handers could interrupt 2handers mid-combo before the change (because they were dead set on everything in patch 2 being a disaster and a horrible change). Toning it all the way back down to the same as 1h again was definitely a mistake.

It’s nice to hear an important voice of reason. If you could now slap that into the devs I would appreciate it goatman.

• Parrying or being defensive is not a bad thing because ripostes exist which allow you to switch from the defensive back to the offensive.
    Not to mention that you can use footwork and ducks to avoid attacks to begin with.

You know what i meant genius, wait for the riposte everytime just make it easier for the attacker and some combo feint are unreadable right now, allowing the player do to something before the riposte like feinting back or attacking just add more options and make the gameplay deeper and plz don’t come with stuff like ducking or footwork, i would like to see what you do vs a high level knight who use sow combo feint lol, .9 should be the best choice, 1.2 or 1.5, not sure what it was before it’s just to much but you guys probably want an ez safe combo, i won’t discuss this anyway useless.

• @Edmund:

You know what i meant genius, wait for the riposte everytime just make it easier for the attacker and some combo feint are unreadable right now, allowing the player do to something before the riposte like feinting back or attacking just add more options and make the gameplay deeper and plz don’t come with stuff like ducking or footwork, i would like to see what you do vs a high level knight who use sow combo feint lol, .9 should be the best choice, 1.2 or 1.5, not sure what it was before it’s just to much but you guys probably want an ez safe combo, i won’t discuss this anyway useless.

If you’re so adamant about the supposed punishing of combo feints (see, predicting and lookdown overheading someone on a combo) then you would logically push for dynamic flinch timings based on how slow the 2h is.

By the way, “Safe combo” is such a bullshit term. All fast weapons get this “safe combo” so why is it a term of endearment for those who are pointing out the flaws with the flinch time for all the other weapons? Just because it suits you doesn’t mean it suits everyone else.

• @Edmund:

Not really even worth a response. You’re clearly a retard and have very little grasp on what you’re talking about.

• @Sir:

Not really even worth a response. You’re clearly a retard and have very little grasp on what you’re talking about.

Lets keep our glorious forums clean from those kinda personal attacks man…