What's this Horde mode?

• Hi all.

Yesterday while poking about in the server list, i noticed a huge block of servers named Official Horde Mode Server.

i am of course totally curious about that. But they were all either 4/4 or 0/4. so i joined one of the empty ones and nothing was happening. i roamed around an empty map for a while wondering what the heck i was supposed to do.

So i went and googled it, and i didn’t find much except a post on reddit talking about it. It’s some sort of PVE mode? four players versus bots? that sounds like a lot of fun to me.

With a bit of sheer luck i managed to get onto one of the servers that wasn’t entirely full. but it was just a couple of guys running around dueling each other, no hordes in sight :<

So what’s going on? how do i play this horde mode/where is it? I’ve been wanting some sort of coop PVE with chivalry’s combat mechanics for a long time.

• It’s a mod from the Steam Workshop. Though I believe it’s more of a proof of concept then a fully working polished Horde Mode. An official Horde Mode with like waves of skeletons or zombies or whatever would be pretty neat. Maybe have a 5 man team, and then just send wave after wave of bots, should be fun. Maybe implement a decap system on the zombies, they only die once they’re decapped. Implement a Black Knight system where you can chop off their limbs. You could have Horde Mode specific “zombie slayer” skins, weapons, maps. Maybe something to bring out during Halloween or something. HOW IS THIS NOT A THING YET.

• They had zombies back in the middle ages? Learn something new every day.

• It’s not zombies, it’s peasant models with fork spears and cudgels. It also has some class bots here and there like tower shield knights, dagger MaAs, vanguards and some “bosses” every few waves like a giant king or knight. Everyone has to join Mason for it to work. You get gold for all the peasants you kill and you can buy upgrades around the map with it. You start as a knight with only a Norse sword, but you can buy a hatchet, messer, longbow, spear, greatsword, firepot, throwing axes, buckler, fire arrows (that do nothing), and more max health. They come in waves, and get harder each wave. At the end of each wave, your ammo and health are replenished.

It was pretty fun for a little bit but after about 20+ mins it got really boring.

• It would be better if the hordes were new players from the low ranked servers who thought they were pro because they got a 1.5 kill rate.

Masses of them vs 4 skilled players.

• @Pilgore:

HOW IS THIS NOT A THING YET.

its not a thing because Tb has been focused on nerf after nerf, and ruining any chance of long term play with their last stunt.

you people still think shaving 3/10ths off of some swing is gonna sumhow magicaly fix this game or make it fun again or make you good, that’s why its not a thing, TB is constantly bogged down with your bs and ridicolous nerf requests 1 after another and then another etc,etc,etc

when really what this game needs and has needed was content, lots more new content and maps, factions and weapons.

they just killed any chance of the mod scene going anywhere with removing ranks from modded servers even ones with just custom maps.

removing ranks from modded servers, shit this game doesn’t even has global stats or a ranked leader board so to remove ranks from modded servers AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS OF THIS GAME BEING OUT instead of banning the exploiter and fixing the bug is just a big joke and makes them look foolish yet again and like they don’t give a shit about modders at all, you just spent 6 months giving us a modding tool and then turn around and make the modding basically useless that makes no sense.

if catering to whiny nerfloving cunts was award worthy,
    shit they woulda won the nobel prize for that!

way to go TB
    bravo bravo

• @WARSAW:

By removing ranks from modded servers, shit this game doesn’t even has global stats or a ranked leader board so to remove ranks from modded servers AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS OF THIS GAME BEING OUT instead of banning the exploiter and fixing the bug is just a big joke.

Already been addressed. This issue happened months before anyone boosted their rank and wasn’t an intended change. And quit calling out Ky. It’s pathetic.

• how do you start it? I’m on a server with some people, no peasants at all.

So it only works on TO2-Horde_Room ? Why are the map votes then disabled on every server?
    Wrong maps everywhere.

Srsly 8/24 Horde servers have the wrong maps and map votes disabled…