[OPTION] Turn off DLC

• Please give us server side and client side ability to turn off DLC. Personally I hate them and the barbarians, ugh… having issues telling them apart, and Santa barbarian… ugh… so much fail… IT only matters to those that buy it. The rest of us really dont care to see the crap.

• @Retsnom:

Please give us server side and client side ability to turn off DLC. Personally I hate them and the barbarians, ugh… having issues telling them apart, and Santa barbarian… ugh… so much fail… IT only matters to those that buy it. The rest of us really dont care to see the crap.

Wrong. It matters a lot

The most important point of DLC in a multiplayer game, the only real reason to use it as opposed to clientside mods, is that you can FORCE other players to see it too. They have to look at your shiny awesome armor and superb sword of slaying as you stab them with it.

If you couldn’t force your victims (and allies) to see your gear, there’d be little point in having cosmetic gear at all.

if these things cause problems with telling teams apart, that’s something developers should fix. but an option to disable them is not likely to happen, and implementing it would negatively impact sales.

• C:Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfare/UDKGame/CookedPC/AOC/Characters/.

Now compare these to the ones in the ‘Barbarians’ folder.

I’ll try copying the normal ones into the ‘Barbarians’ folder, and rename them to match their barbarian counterpart. Who knows, if both model files use the same skeleton it might work.(I won’t touch the “_Accesso” files though).
    Seems like one hell of a long shot, but definitely worth a try. I’ll be giving it a shot later today.

Disclaimer: Torn Banner, please don’t be mad. Many people just draw the line at what they want to see in their medieval game.

• All these tears over a new skin in the game.
    Pathetic.

• @Rickvs:

C:Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfare/UDKGame/CookedPC/AOC/Characters/.

Now compare these to the ones in the ‘Barbarians’ folder.

I’ll try copying the normal ones into the ‘Barbarians’ folder, and rename them to match their barbarian counterpart. Who knows, if both model files use the same skeleton it might work.(I won’t touch the “_Accesso” files though).
    Seems like one hell of a long shot, but definitely worth a try. I’ll be giving it a shot later today.

Disclaimer: Torn Banner, please don’t be mad. Many people just draw the line at what they want to see in their medieval game.

That won’t work.

• How about no. I dont buy them but i still like seeing them. Please stop trying to speak for the community when you are a tiny minority.

• the lore mannnnnnn

• I’m not buying the “I can’t tell them apart” excuse this time.

• I approve an option to disable DLC skins clientside, although I don’t think that they look bad and although I can tell them apart…

• @dudeface:

I’m not buying the “I can’t tell them apart” excuse this time.

I can’t tell them apart.

• Hawk not your wares to me, charlatan.

• @zombojoe:

I can’t tell them apart.

I’m not buying that.

• im surprised they let you rank up and use a modded skin :)

that needs a nerf TB,
    common lets kill what little bit of your 2 yr old game with no global stats or leader boards is left.

• @WARSAW:

im surprised they let you rank up and use a modded skin :)

that needs a nerf TB,
    common lets kill what little bit of your 2 yr old game with no global stats or leader boards is left.

Go back to killing bots or whatever, thats enough bs for a month.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I’m not buying that.

Gonna cost ya 8.99 for the DLC no service fee then…

• HAHAHA the last few posts……

Who on earth thinks that the majority likes the barbarians except little kid fan boys?

Brilliant idea of replacing the skins with existing skins and renaming them… I hope that works…

Personally, skins are masturbation and ego stroking by forcing others to watch something that many feel are anachronistic to the game. Besides that, I just don’t like them graphically. There is also not enough distinction between the color/pallet/classes to tell which side they are on.

I have been opposed to barbarians since day one and when i saw what they looked like I hated them even more.

If you want to spend money on shit, so be it. But dont force me to eat your turd sandwich.

• Having cosmetic purchasable models was supposed to be an awesome idea. But they’re too ugly, and now we have this problem.

• I couldn’t care less. I wouldn’t even mind if all characters were pokemons

• Would pay for Squirtle DLC.

• I do miss the old Quake 2 ability for many skins and player made skins uploaded and downloaded for free. But with this game being specifically orientated in a semi historical time line and genera. Being forced to see what others pay for is like having a “who has the bigger penis” contest. And nobody likes looking at penises and comparing.