[FIXED]Unparryable strike after being hit by zweihander

• My lovely Zweï… :(

As if GS wasn’t already overshadowing it enough.

Another reason we seriously need weapon-dependant flinch times. Or at least just only speed-dependant.

• @Rickvs:

My lovely Zweï… :(

As if GS wasn’t already overshadowing it enough.

Another reason we seriously need weapon-depend[e]nt flinch times. Or at least just only speed-depend[e]nt.

Weapon dependent flinch times would be nice, would stop brandi stock from having retarded long flinch times and maul from having retarded short flinch times…

• First of all, I’m just going to point out that you are basically putting yourself into that situation by flinching your opponent early in the release state of your weapon, which causes your time to go from Release to Recovery and then being able to parry, much longer than for your opponent to be flinched for 0.8 seconds.

Zweihander release is 0.6, and recovery is 0.9, If you strike your opponent early, you will have maybe 0.5 seconds of unusable release state till you go into recovery, which will be a total time of 1.4 seconds. Now if you hit him late with release, you’ll maybe have 0.9 or 1.0 seconds recovery, and when your opponent is flinched by 0.8 seconds, and his weapons needs 0.4 to be able to swing at you, that’s 1.2

So, if you play your weapon right, use correct foot work. You should be able to parry the next hit, that’s if you are silly enough to wait out through recovery when you could instead use Combo Parry or Combo Feint to Parry.

Frankly, I don’t really mind that 0.8 flinch window, I have barely been affected by it unless I do stupid overheads that are hitting early, causing my gap between each attack to be large enough for my opponent to either trade strikes with me, or even flinch me, that’s a downside for attacks that are manipulated to hit early, if you play it properly. You will never really be caught in comboes or something like that.

Though also mind that Zwei is a slow but powerful sword. Of course you’ll have to play it with a different playstyle, can’t expect to use it as you would normally with a bastard sword.

• I think the simple fact that you get punished by attacking someone proves it is a bug and unintended. Maybe I’m wrong, it’s TB’s call.

Discussion about balance and shit isn’t the purpose of this thread.

• @Mouchoirsky:

I think the simple fact that you get punished by attacking someone proves it is a bug and unintended. Maybe I’m wrong, it’s TB’s call.

Discussion about balance and shit isn’t the purpose of this thread.

Correction* Simple fact that you get punished for putting yourself in a situation where you can get punished, if the player either lotto or reads you.

Punished for doing a mistake, that’s all fair in my book.

• @wildwulfy:

Punished for doing a mistake, that’s all fair in my book.

The mistake you are talking about is succesfully attack someone. Again, it’s TB’s call and I don’t think your opinion about how you should swing a zwei or not matters one little bit on this subject.

• @Mouchoirsky:

The mistake you are talking about is succesfully attack someone. Again, it’s TB’s call and I don’t think your opinion about how you should swing a zwei or not matters one little bit on this subject.

Are you too thick in your head to realize that you cause this on your own when you accelerate your attack and either create a too big gap between your first attack and second attack if you try to combo, or simply waiting out through recovery and going into parry.

If you don’t accelerate it, to make the release his early, flinching the opponent early. You won’t be punished, too hard to realize? and that accelerated attacks finally has a downside, is that too much?

• Ok, It seems you don’t understand shit, so I will speak very clearly.

I think this freehit is unintended, and therefore a bug. Waiting for TB (not you, just TB) to fix it or say 'Nah it’s okay, we totally ok with this lol". In the last case you can talk about balance, and everything, and I would not care because I will be long gone because these kinds of discussions annoys me.

Last post. It’s clearly going on shitposting and it’s awful so try to stay on topic please.

• @wildwulfy:

Are you too thick in your head to realize that you cause this on your own when you accelerate your attack and either create a too big gap between your first attack and second attack if you try to combo, or simply waiting out through recovery and going into parry.

If you don’t accelerate it, to make the release his early, flinching the opponent early. You won’t be punished, too hard to realize? and that accelerated attacks finally has a downside, is that too much?

True, I agree that you give up that for when you decide to stick your face into your enemy’s crotch and overhead, it should of some cons…

• Sadly you have too lookdown crouch and overhead to even hit before your opponent interrupts you, even then you might be hittrading, with a zweicombo. But as wolfy said, if you’re gonna do just one attack then you shouldn’t try to hit as early as possible, that’s not zweis strength.

• @Mouchoirsky:

Ok, It seems you don’t understand shit, so I will speak very clearly.

I think this freehit is unintended, and therefore a bug. Waiting for TB (not you, just TB) to fix it or say 'Nah it’s okay, we totally ok with this lol". In the last case you can talk about balance, and everything, and I would not care because I will be long gone because these kinds of discussions annoys me.

Last post. It’s clearly going on shitposting and it’s awful so try to stay on topic please.

I am staying on the topic, I am explaining why the heck he was being a victim for free hit. I explained deep in details why and how he was being struck by a fast one-hander, and what his mistake was.

The free hit is not unintended, for if the Zweihander user had flinched him a bit later in the release, he would have been able to prevent the other player from getting a free-hit.

Also mind that the opposing player also super-accelerates his attack, if he would have done a normal one. I think the Zweihander user might have been able to parry in time.

This is not about “hue hue, I hit opponent, how I get punished?” Its about how you manouver your weapon, and of course take consideration that you are using a powerful but slow weapon, obviously if you pick a faster weapon. you’d barely be punished at all.
    But this is the downside about slow weapons. It is a downside, not something unintended.

Mouchoirsky, please do us all a favour and play the game a little bit more before you continue around here, you obviously need more experience to understand the way things work around here in Chiv, even with the old flinch, and aswell the suggested 0.9 flinch, you could still punish a slow weapon for hitting TOO EARLY in release state.

• @Xylvion:

Sadly you have too lookdown crouch and overhead to even hit before your opponent interrupts you, even then you might be hittrading, with a zweicombo. But as wolfy said, if you’re gonna do just one attack then you shouldn’t try to hit as early as possible, that’s not zweis strength.

Yeah, but what is going on around in this idiots mind is “Made successful attack, gets punished.”

True he made a successful attack, and he was already awarded with damaging his opponent, the only part he got punished was to not act properly to the situation, and got punished after the successful attack, partly because he did a big mistake with his attack.

He did a mistake, he gets punished if he meets a player who try their luck, or a good player who reads it and knows how to punish player’s mistake.

• Just correcting 3 of your mistakes here,

I said that this bug could be reproduced with any windup of 0.40 or less. You don’t necessarly need to put an intant 1h OH in order to reproduce it, acc stab or slash is easily done and produce the same result. Hws was tested too but i did not put it in the video since it was not necessary (faster than a norse anyway).

I started noticing this bug since the 0.8 flinch time. I’m duelling since launch with zweihander Vanguard so I assume this bug was not present before that. Or maybe nobody was aware of it, since Crushed pretended I was straight lying when I first described this bug couple weeks ago.

Increasing flinch time is not the only way to fix this bug. I know it’s a hard topic out there and everyone is on the nerve on this subject but if it’s fixed with another way I would not mind.

PS: Please don’t try to judge my playtime or something like that, it’s stupid and shitposting.

• You are complain that a really slow weapon like the Zwei can be interrupted by a rather fast weapon like the broadsword after being hit by the Zwei?

That is stupid. The Zwei is SLOW, SSSLLLOOOOWWWWW, there are drawbacks to using slow weapons, they are SLOW.

The Zwei isn’t to be used in 1v1 you numpties, use your secondary. The Zwei is fucking brilliant in Team situations where it’s range and power can smash the enemies that are engaged with others.

Stop trying to make all the weapons so Dull that they are essentially the same, because of some 1v1 situations, how dumb.

• Broadsword ain’t interrupting anything, it is a free strike. You just can’t parry that.

Stop trying to make all the weapons so Dull that they are essentially the same, because of some 1v1 situations, how dumb.

Ain’t asking anything, just showing a bug.

• @Toll:

You are complain that a really slow weapon like the Zwei can be interrupted by a rather fast weapon like the broadsword after being hit by the Zwei?

^
    /10characters

• Today I hit someone with a claymore. Combo’ed. Then their hws killed me. pls

• @Karasu:

Today I hit someone with a claymore. Combo’ed. Then their hws killed me. pls

Vid or never happened.

• comboing a HWS user when you are 1 poke away from death. gg

• @dudeface:

comboing a HWS user when you are 1 poke away from death. gg

Should be safe with a fucking claymore