[FIXED]Unparryable strike after being hit by zweihander

• @Karasu:

Today I hit someone with a claymore. Combo’ed. Then their hws killed me. pls

Vid or never happened.

• comboing a HWS user when you are 1 poke away from death. gg

• @dudeface:

comboing a HWS user when you are 1 poke away from death. gg

Should be safe with a fucking claymore

• It ain’t a thread about flinch and hit-trade between combo, though.

• lol the whole thread is about the flinch times

• thats why CFTP

• guise claymore shouldn’t be able to combo

• Maybe we should buff claymore speed.

• lol the whole thread is about the flinch times

Not really, the bug is caused by long zwei recovery, long zwei release, low flinch and low 1H windup. You don’t necessarly needs to touch flinch time in order to fix it.

thats why CFTP

I don’t think getting punished with stam or health loss after succesfully hitting someone is part of TB’s plans, though. They already tried to fix the same exact issue with the maul.

• If you want to hit someone quickly, instead of accelerating your zweihander hit to the maximum, consider instead choosing a faster weapon. You are digging your own grave here. The zweihander pays a price for its high damage and reach.

• @Mouchoirsky:

Not really, the bug is caused by long zwei recovery, long zwei release, low flinch and low 1H windup. You don’t necessarly needs to touch flinch time in order to fix it.

Yes. I said low flinch times. There are other things. But I said low flinch times. So did you. Cool we agree.

• If you want to hit someone quickly, instead of accelerating your zweihander hit to the maximum, consider instead choosing a faster weapon.

Yet, you try to derails the thread in the same fashion wolfy did.

I don’t see where your point about how you should swing a zwei or not is relevant in anything. I see the only case scenario where you could get hit freely and be at disadvantage after hitting someone and think it’s a bug. End of story.

I don’t give a crap about balance.

• Basically you want to have your cake and eat it too. Massive damage and reach with no downsides.
    That’s not how it works. You have a secondary weapon for a reason.

Your bug is that you are not assessing your battlefield properly. The zwei is anything but a jack-of-all-trades weapon.

• I already said that: Your opinion on how you should swing a slow weapon and what punition you get with it is not relevant. This is a bug report thread, not balance section.

BTW, Torn Banner already tried to fix the exact same bug with Maul. So yes I assume this is unintended and not normal.

• guise claymore is a slow weapon pls buff

• I’m with Mouchoirsky on this one.

It feels strange and unintended to be able to deliver a free hit on Vanguards wielding the Zweihander. I find it okay to interrupt combos if you have a fast weapon, and I find it okay to punish a long wind-up by quickly stabbing and therefore interrupting his attack.

But getting punished for something as simple as doing 1 single attack, that is not okay.
    I realize most people on this forum are afraid that the game will go downhill again if the game is balanced around casual players, but just think about this:

The average rank 20 guy can parry and attack just fine without problems. But he won’t dance around his opponent while doing so. Which means every time he attacks he will receive a free hit.

I just don’t see how fixing this will be much of an issue. You’ll make it so that the Zweihander no longer guarantees a free counter-attack for people who can’t dance very well, but more skilled-players who are experts at dancing aren’t affected in any way.

Plus I’m starting to feel like some of you are actually okay with the absurdly low 2handed flinch times we currently have in the game.

• big issue i have with the .8 flinch is group fights, you basically HAVE to CFTP all the time fighting multiple opponents or they will just hit between your combos. this is why every TO server now is a messer, brandi, zwei spam fest.

even 1v1 on shit opponents, everyone just clicking lmb is hit trading you if you go for a combo and don’t instead attack feint to parry each time you want to kill something.

hit trade warfare gents. bigger weapons wins.

quick! everyone grab a messer!

• dats y i go maul and wreck everyone

• Currently fixed by beta patch and under discussion, changed title and asking for a lock.