Selling in game hacks. A lucrative buisness.

• Global Moderator

So I read an article that linked to a PC gamer article about online game hacks for a lot of online games. You may be surprised to know that people pay for hacks. And be even more surprised that one single site that sells online hacks takes in $1.25 million USD per year. And it may not be the largest.

Its cheapest deal is $10.95 a month with bigger deals available. It has 150,000 forum members. CS:GO and battlefield 4 are the most popular games to buy hacks for. So much so that the competitive community for both games are probably compromised.

And there are many many sites that well hacks some may be even bigger than this.

These forums tell you how to hack without being noticed many of them having hundreds of hours in a game 90% of the time played was with hacks.

The hackers themselves get a cut of the money from the subscriptions. These sites get hacks from gamers and then pay those people money for giving them their hacks.

Now I’ve seen an aimbot in chivalry but that was hilarious, the guy never hit anything and got vac banned anyway. But an ESp/wall and is almost undectable. How many hackers are there. You never know.

• Coding private hacks for certain games has been a lucrative business since… a long long time

Had to deal with alot of hackers and the hacking scene myself like 5-6 years ago, interesting to see this topic come up on these forums

Most of them even exists today. One particular coder (not gonna name him here, starts with letter O), has been around for like 10 years now and sells his cheats very expensive and has ten thousands of members lol. I gotta say its probably unethical to create cheats for video games, but sucking the money out of those poor nerds that have to cheat for your own profit is smart nonetheless.

The scene is also heavily connected with steam account selling, steam account stealing & cd key shop sites

Cheaters are filthy scrubs though. Hate them. Cheat coders? Just smart business people. Assholes for creating cheats in the first place though.

Luckily for us hacks are useless in chivalry

• Really surprised someone stumbled on this topic though

• That was a really good article.

• You would be surprised how few hacks there actually are for chiv, and the few public “hacks” that there are will get you VAC banned quickly…

Only safe thing is if its a private hack imo, which hasn’t worked since TBS changed something last December patch to make it where they don’t compile… typical TBS actually helps their game for once lol

• Mod

@Terminally:

You would be surprised how few hacks there actually are for chiv, and the few public “hacks” that there are will get you VAC banned quickly…

Only safe thing is if its a private hack imo, which hasn’t worked since TBS changed something last December patch to make it where they don’t compile… typical TBS actually helps their game for once lol

People wouldn’t bother making bypassed hacks for Chiv anyway. The playerbase is so small that they’d barely get any money from selling them and it wouldn’t be worth the effort.

• @Kim:

People wouldn’t bother making bypassed hacks for Chiv anyway. The playerbase is so small that they’d barely get any money from selling them and it wouldn’t be worth the effort.

^

/10/chars/

• Global Moderator

@Kim:

You’d be surprised. Many games with less players than chiv have hackers. Even a problem of hackers. All tripwire interactive games have a smaller playerbase than chivalry but the devs are constantly trying to fix hacks.

Chivalry isnt a first first person shooter and even an aimbot for an archer is completely useless. A wall hack isn’t much better either. And speed hacking is very obvious. So there aren’t gonna be that many hackers in chiv because the hacks are either useless or obvious.

• I hopped in a server last night with 3 archers hacking the shit out of the game. Speed running and shooting shit tons of arrows. I didnt live long. Then as i was about to see if Keith was on my game crashed. They of course had like 200+ pings. By the time I restarted I couldnt find the server they were on…

• @Retsnom:

I hopped in a server last night with 3 archers hacking the shit out of the game. Speed running and shooting shit tons of arrows. I didnt live long. Then as i was about to see if Keith was on my game crashed. They of course had like 200+ pings. By the time I restarted I couldnt find the server they were on…

Welcome to chiv! Enjoy your time with us here :D

• Chivalry definitely has aimbots.

They aren’t that great, but if people stand still or run in a straight line towards you they still work.

Nothing compared to hacks in Counter Strike where bullets are hitscan.

• @zombojoe:

Chivalry definitely has aimbots.

No, never had never will, BUT TRIGGERBOTS CAN WORK PRETTY WELL…

@zombojoe:

Nothing compared to hacks in Counter Strike where bullets are hitscan.

It depends, since chivalry hit detection is client sided anyway it doesn’t really matter as long as on your client you hit, this is how you can hit an archer and then you instantly die from a head shot because on their client they hit you before you hit them… ISN’T CHIVALRY WONDERFUL?!!?

• If you are going to use that type of hack you could just make it so that you hit everyone in the server in the head with a maul.

Yes it is possible.

• Well I coded some hacks that I use in Chiv. Its nothing realy big or noticeable. NASA has offered me alot of money for my codes so that they could use it for long distance space travel and warp vortexes but I have refused any offer they have put up thus far.

• @lemonater47:

You may be surprised to know that people pay for hacks.

Very surprised. I never would’ve thought!

• @Userper:

what an insight

• @zombojoe:

If you are going to use that type of hack you could just make it so that you hit everyone in the server in the head with a maul.

Yes it is possible.

Mmm, yea? I dunno not since last year when TBS fuked up how you compile UDK unreal scripts…

• @Userper:

I lol’d

10/catswithhats