What do you think of the bubble now?

• Since it’s reduction and the new camera, do you think it’s alright now or still needs tweaking? Do you think forward chase mechanic needs to return? Have you tried weapons like hatchet, HWS, flanged mace and war hammer again yet? Do they feel better? Personally I still have a hard time hitting enemies in the back while chasing with short weapons like the hatchet and flanged mace, but maybe with a better chase that’s coming, it’ll help with that more. I’m able to hit enemies’ backs a lot easier now with the bubble reduction on medium weapons like Pole Axe.

But my biggest issue is still colliding with other team mates, and i seem to have a much harder time parrying broad swords and Norse swords now though. What do you think of it now? Does it need more changes? Are you running into any more problems with it? Do you want forward chase back, or should that be another thread? Do you think the better chase in beta is all bubble needs now?

• I liked the old bubble alot more.

• @CRUSHED:

I liked the old bubble alot more.

Yes because being stuck in between invisible walls was so much fun.

• @Flippy:

Yes because being stuck in between invisible walls was so much fun.

Never happened to me. Game was less lotto and that is my opinion.

• I find the game to be much more playable since the bubble reduction. At first, I hated the FOV changes. I changed my FOV to 95 and play just fine now. I am as awful as ever! :D

I agree with Mithron about the 1h swords being kinda weird compared to how they used to be. Hitting people with them before was very easy. I’ve noticed sort of thing that’s been really bugging me, though. When some people LMB spam, their character kind of slides around instead of staying put. The problem I have with this is that when some really new vanguard spams at me, I want to rush in with a stab. I then miss said stab because he sidesteps (or rather side slides) and mashes me to death.

Why do people move around without even moving their legs in a walking motion? Ice skates?

• What is bubble ?

• I found the fat bubble to be pretty annoying, but there are definitely other annoyances with it reduced. It’s just a different set of things to bitch about.

• @Bardaf:

What is bubble ?

baby don’t hurt me…

I like the reduction. Less bullshit going on

• It’s still how player collision works that’s the problem. You still have to compensate your timings and movement due to the bubble. No chase mechanic can change that. Of course, a smaller collision radius does make compensation easier, but not nearly enough to make up for the good the bubble did, imo.

I’m eager to see how patch 26 changes things. If it’s able to tighten the swordplay well, then I’d certainly be much happier with the smaller bubble. :)
    (Let me use old camera and animation, though, plox)

• Some stuff is plain broken now. Maa with hatchet and shield, for example. I’m not sure if it’s the same with other hatchet set ups, but duelling today I genuinely couldn’t see any animation on an accelerated alt-overhead. It was a a complete lottery, and the only way I managed to block anything was by assuming the guy would throw that shot because it was so broken and he desperately wanted to win.

Other weirdness has re-surfaced recently too, mainly around 1-hand overheads and alt swings, which coincidently people used to complain about BEFORE the bubble patch. Seriously, WTF did people think was going to happen? The bubble was brought in originally to fix various facehug issues, and now it’s gone people are surprised that facehug issues are back again?

Game’s still fun and I can work around most problems, but there’s some broken-ass unblockable shit going on, make no mistake about it.

• bubble reduction works in chiv+ with other camera and different weapon timings and such… but it’s not as good in the live game.

I like the new camera and shit don’t get me wrong, but the game is pretty broken like parries and handle hits. Looking forward to playing new patch and seeing what changes that brings to gameplay.

• @50ShadesofClay:

bubble reduction works in chiv+ with other camera and different weapon timings and such… but it’s not as good in the live game.

I like the new camera and shit don’t get me wrong, but the game is pretty broken like parries and handle hits. Looking forward to playing new patch and seeing what changes that brings to gameplay.

^This

/10chars

• Personally I would love to see the bubble completely gone. You fail to realize that the bubble is still there. It is 40% larger than the original release. A 60% reduction is a great compromise for all parties. Footwork, ducks, dancing around a player model, jump kicks and not getting bubble stuck are a freaking god send. Yeah you can still get stuck but it is so rare now.

Handle hits and feints, even face hugging are not really issues if you maintain distance. It requires skills and patience, situational awareness. Chasing and hitting will always be an issue simply because of how the net code and lag effects the game. The chase mechanic helps but it is inconsistent. I dont see why they cannot use a reduced speed frontal chase mechanic as well.

The problems that the bubble reduction exposes is not the problem of the bubble but existing problems with the game that have never gone away. The bubble was a cheap trick attempt to solve non issues that ended up creating far more than it solved.

Now I can take on more than one person and have a far better chance at survival than the bubble where I would just get bubble pressed into being frozen and killed because I couldnt move.

The game is so much better without it than with it. Hell everyone is claiming that the game is in the best state it has even been in. 60% reduction is a good compromise. Now lets fix the other issues like FPS, flinch, parry and balance issues.

• @Retsnom:

Personally I would love to see the bubble completely gone. You fail to realize that the bubble is still there. It is 40% larger than the original release. A 60% reduction is a great compromise for all parties. Footwork, ducks, dancing around a player model, jump kicks and not getting bubble stuck are a freaking god send. Yeah you can still get stuck but it is so rare now.

Handle hits and feints, even face hugging are not really issues if you maintain distance. It requires skills and patience, situational awareness. Chasing and hitting will always be an issue simply because of how the net code and lag effects the game. The chase mechanic helps but it is inconsistent. I dont see why they cannot use a reduced speed frontal chase mechanic as well.

The problems that the bubble reduction exposes is not the problem of the bubble but existing problems with the game that have never gone away. The bubble was a cheap trick attempt to solve non issues that ended up creating far more than it solved.

Now I can take on more than one person and have a far better chance at survival than the bubble where I would just get bubble pressed into being frozen and killed because I couldnt move.

The game is so much better without it than with it. Hell everyone is claiming that the game is in the best state it has even been in. 60% reduction is a good compromise. Now lets fix the other issues like FPS, flinch, parry and balance issues.

^ This

The worst of all was getting stuck other people’s bubble so you couldn’t use footwork to fight multiple players at once.

• If the new handle hit fix really does work it could be reason to reduce the bubble again.

One thing I don’t get though: why are friendly and enemy bubbles the same? TF2 worked this out years ago: you can collide with enemies, but friends will let you past (with a slight nudge away from their centre, but no real resistance). Any reason such a thing wouldn’t work in chiv?

• Any reason such a thing wouldn’t work in chiv?

Uh, really?

• Yeah really. Maybe not the exact same push mechanic, but a smaller bubble at least. Is there a problem getting past people you’re not trying to kill?

Or is that a general comment on TB’s ability to implement new features. Because… yeah it wouldn’t. But you know maybe three hotfixes later.

• @McLumberjack:

Yeah really. Maybe not the exact same push mechanic, but a smaller bubble at least. Is there a problem getting past people you’re not trying to kill?

Or is that a general comment on TB’s ability to implement new features. Because… yeah it wouldn’t. But you know maybe three hotfixes later.

No, the enemy bubble is bigger than the friend bubble. This is old news.

• It is? Well shit.

Although… you know. If it is, then clearly it’s not noticeably so, and friendlies still do a fine job of getting in my goddamn way. Maybe the zero resistance push mechanic of TF2 is the way to go.

• That would require the player collision box to be greatly reduced, which I am all for but the majority still like a buffer that the 40% bubble provides. The bubble reduction of 60% is a good compromise for those of us that want it completely gone.