Do not remove handel hits

• For one they are not really a problem, they never were unless you are a face hugger. IF you maintain proper distance it is never a problem, you never get hit by them unless your timing is off or you are face hugging as they swing. This is on you, not the mechanic or the player, you.

Now if you are completely insistently whining about it and demand a nerf, then do not remove it completely. I would be willing to entertain a reduction in damage but do not remove it. There is already not enough choices in defensive tactics and while face hugging is a legit tactic, it should not equal an instant spam kill if you can get that close.

I would go no less than 50% damage reduction. I think that is a good compromise for something that isn’t broken in the first place. It is a lack of patience, skill and timing that gets you hit. I rarely ever get hit by a handle hit nor do I face hug enough to give a handle hit. Why? Patience and distance along with timing my aggressions allows me to rarely ever get hit or hit with a handle hit.

It is the same with feints……

This is who hates feints and handle hits…

• The force is strong with this one.

• Sometimes I’m glad the devs don’t listen to the community. Because if they did, we would end up with a completely broken game since they’d be influenced by complete spastics like retsnom.

• @Sir:

Sometimes I’m glad the devs don’t listen to the community. Because if they did, we would end up with a completely broken game since they’d be influenced by complete spastics like retsnom.

lol

• @Sir:

Sometimes I’m glad the devs don’t listen to the community. Because if they did, we would end up with a completely broken game since they’d be influenced by complete spastics like retsnom.

So insults are your skill instead of debating the issue. no surprise there….
    SO genius, where am I wrong exactly? How is that spastic? That is if you can muster an actual intelligent argument with facts instead of emotions, speculation and weak assed insults.

• This fucking guy…

• handle hits should do the same damage as kicks

that way they still flinch and people will take damage

• Handel hits are totally overplayed. Lets get some motherfuckin Chopin up in here.

(shut up, this is totally the right audience for that joke)

• @Retsnom:

So insults are your skill instead of debating the issue. no surprise there….
    SO genius, where am I wrong exactly? How is that spastic? That is if you can muster an actual intelligent argument with facts instead of emotions, speculation and weak assed insults.

I’d have thought the fact that right now as we speak there is currently a beta app for handle hits to remove them with the majority of the community, even on the forums in favor of it. As well as a 19 page discussion about it would be enough of an argument. But I digress. There is no point in trying to communicate with you since your head is so far up your own ass you’ve actually managed to starve your brain of oxygen and it has killed the few brain cells you had to start with.

• @Sir:

I’d have thought the fact that right now as we speak there is currently a beta app for handle hits to remove them with the majority of the community, even on the forums in favor of it. As well as a 19 page discussion about it would be enough of an argument. But I digress. There is no point in trying to communicate with you since your head is so far up your own ass you’ve actually managed to starve your brain of oxygen and it has killed the few brain cells you had to start with.

Again with the weak assed insults… But I did defend handle hits in almost all of those threads. The problem is the squeaky wheel gets the oil. It doesn’t mean that it is correct just because a majority is whining about it.

The facts are simple. You cannot get hit by a handle hit if you maintain proper distance and use proper attack timing. Sorry that is a fact and a skill that so many fail to possess. So please continue to dumb down the game for the sake of the whiny lazy face huggers.

• @Retsnom:

Again with the weak assed insults… But I did defend handle hits in almost all of those threads. The problem is the squeaky wheel gets the oil. It doesn’t mean that it is correct just because a majority is whining about it.

The facts are simple. You cannot get hit by a handle hit if you maintain proper distance and use proper attack timing. Sorry that is a fact and a skill that so many fail to possess. So please continue to dumb down the game for the sake of the whiny lazy face huggers.

If someone could get into your face and instantly kill you would it make it any less of a shit thing given that you could have ‘maintained proper distance’?

The patch is supposed to increase parry consistency where it would not have been with attacks starting inside of the player model. Nobody wants to not be able to parry. It’s stupid to say it’s a good thing when you’re doing everything right in regards to parrying but because of this, which is somehow your fault because you didn’t maintain proper distance, you don’t get to parry.

• OK then, what about if I’m a knight using a very short weapon like the warhammer? I can’t “maintain proper distance” because then I’ll never hit. You have to be close to the handle hit range. Now if I’m using a shield I have no time to wait and see if they are going to riposte-overhead handle hit because of shield up time. If an attack is parried I have to immediately block and look up if I’m to have any chance of blocking, leaving me open to a heavy kick.

• You main halberd and want handle hits to stay…you talk about distance as some sort of solve all problems solution to feints…and halberd is long as fuck and has retarded knockback…you say that the “parry system is flawed fundamentally” and that weapons such as polearms, which you conveniently main should have a longer parry window than other weapons…you are very self serving huh.

• Each weapon now draws light blue (cyan) tracers to represent the handle part of the weapon. These don’t do damage but can still be parried. If you actually look at the new tracers, you’ll see that even with some of the more notorious handle hit weapons (G.Mace, greatsword, polearms) that the cyan tracers don’t cover that large an area.

Meaning that you will still be getting hit by the red hit tracers very quickly after wind up. I wouldn’t say handle hits are completely removed, but at the very least you won’t be taking damage from the lowest apex of a weapon. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

• What would Chivalry do without…

• @DerFürst:

What would Chivalry do without…

I hope they get removed and never come Bach.

• Um what patch was supposed to increase parry consistency? that is news to me and everyone else. Are you talking about the bubble reduction of last patch? Nowhere in the notes does it mention parry consistency. I have posted many times and indepth that the parry system is terribly flawed. So that has nothing really to do with handle hits if you maintain proper distance and timing.

That brings me to Dr Zobs scenario. In your scenario it is about timing that needs to be addressed along with maintaining distance when they attack. Also, everything is risky and it should be. In your scenario, you clearly understand what can happen and you are preparing for it. For getting the damage and speed of that weapon it comes with inherent risks.

There are many cases when I know for me to score a hit or finally a kill, i will have to risk taking a hit or a kick. So I see no problem with a handle hit in this case.

• @swagfox:

You main halberd and want handle hits to stay…you talk about distance as some sort of solve all problems solution to feints…and halberd is long as fuck and has retarded knockback…you say that the “parry system is flawed fundamentally” and that weapons such as polearms, which you conveniently main should have a longer parry window than other weapons…you are very self serving huh.

I also play knight a lot and all the other classes. Again, I rarely if ever get hit by a handle hit. I rarely face hug nor do I let people face hug me. It is not like the swing animations are not visually clear. You can see the entire weapon through its swing unless you are face hugging. Thus making face hugging a high risk, high reward tactic. I have no problem with any of that.

• Global Moderator

@Retsnom:

Um what patch was supposed to increase parry consistency? that is news to me and everyone else. Are you talking about the bubble reduction of last patch? Nowhere in the notes does it mention parry consistency. I have posted many times and indepth that the parry system is terribly flawed. So that has nothing really to do with handle hits if you maintain proper distance and timing.

That brings me to Dr Zobs scenario. In your scenario it is about timing that needs to be addressed along with maintaining distance when they attack. Also, everything is risky and it should be. In your scenario, you clearly understand what can happen and you are preparing for it. For getting the damage and speed of that weapon it comes with inherent risks.

There are many cases when I know for me to score a hit or finally a kill, i will have to risk taking a hit or a kick. So I see no problem with a handle hit in this case.

Yeah there was that one ages ago that increased parry consistency.

The one that lead to backwards parries becoming way more common.

• @lemonater47:

Yeah there was that one ages ago that increased parry consistency.

The one that lead to backwards parries becoming way more common.

That was like patch #2 over a year and a half ago and not applicable in this discussion.