Performance/Lag Help!

• Developer

Known fixes / tweaks / issues:

• Laptop users: we’ve seen multiple people running on a power profile other than High Performance, which is making Windows kick their CPUs down to a lower clockspeed. Can you verify that you’re in High Performance mode before posting?

Open the Control Panel, open Power Options (or just open the start menu and type power options and open it from there), and switch it to High Performance; OR, left-click the battery icon in the system tray and click High Performance.

If you have two GPUs in the computer, please also verify that the right one is running the game, this thread might help.

• Rarely, some desktops are also suffering from CPU scaling, though in that case it may be a power setting in the BIOS that’s throttling the CPU rather than the one in Windows.

• (You can verify if CPU scaling is happening by downloading CPU-Z (download link on the right under “Download latest release”), and seeing if your CPU’s Core Speed is lower than its maximum speed when the slowdowns happen. Since it’s CPU-related, you’ll also see a higher number in “Game” than in GPU or Draw when you do “stat unit” in the console)

• If you played the game prior to the hotfix, try deleting your UDKSystemSettings.ini located in Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config, forcing the game to regenerate it.

Before you post:

• When posting, please attach a DxDiag report. You can do this hitting the Windows key + R, typing in DxDiag, and when it has finished collating the information, click on ‘Save all information’ at the bottom. Attach that file here.

• Also, go into the game and type ‘stat fps’ and ‘stat unit’ into the console and tell us what the number on the side of your screen is during a slowdown (or screenshot it and post a link to the screenshot).

• edit:
    I have MORE CRASHES with SoundMinCompressed=3 or =1
    PLEASE CHECK THIS : viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4360
    lot of random drop fps (water, desktop to game, or simply in game)
    some annoying crash, with blackscreens when loading a map or ingame
    must reboot cause all screen becomes balck after udk crash
    HUD too big

i play with alll minimum graphics, and 848x480 resolution
    CPU : intel core i7 M620 // 2,67 GHz
    GPU : NVIDIA NVS 3100M // 512 Mo
    RAM : 3 Go

• CPU : intel core i5 3210m 2.4Ghz (Turbo 3.1)
    GPU : NVIDIA GF 620M - 1 GB
    RAM : 8 GB DDR3

Frames on medium-low settings - from 30 to 60 (mostly around 40)

I think with that set i should be able to do higher details with constant 60, while all i get is around 40-60 with lowest settings at best.

EDIT: Added DXDIAG.txt file

• CPU: Intel Core i7 930 @ 3.2ghz
    GPU: Palit Nvidia GTX 680 4GB Jetstream
    RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance

Noticeable FPS drop when over 12 players, VERY bad on Arena and Battlegrounds - settings do not seem to make any difference, same frames on Low as on Max.

Goes from 62.0 fps (which is seems to stay at when 5-10 people are on) to about 20-35, my rig can handle pretty much all new games smoothly but this game makes it hitch when on a TO server with lots of people, main culprits where it is most noticeable map-wise are Arena (in FFA) and Battlegrounds (TO/FFA)

Stat Unit details (empty server)
    Stat FPS : 62.0
    Frame : 16 ms
    Game: 9 ms
    Draw: 16 ms
    GPU: 16 ms

Stat Unit details (15 player LTS on Arena)
    Stat FPS : 37.2
    Frame : 26 ms
    Game: 19 ms
    Draw: 23 ms
    GPU: 23 ms

• I’ve just updated the initial post, would you mind going back and attaching a DxDiag please?

• Updated the initial post one more time.

• CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 4.0GHz OC
    GPU: ASUS GTX560 Ti & GIGABYTE GTX560 Ti (SLI)
    RAM: 6G DDR Kingston KyperX

I have similar issues to Planetus regarding players, and also SLI is not being utilised at all. I’ve forced AFR2 through Nvidia Inspector, but 2nd GPU only maxes at 20% usage during gameplay. I feel some more optimisation is needed regarding SLI, if possible. SLI did work full before Beta patch 1, with both GPUs being utilised and a significant increase to framerate, however this framerate was very inconsistent with many drops.

• @cocolapin

I’m not sure how many current frames, roughly, you are getting, but by upgrading your graphics drivers to the latest version it will help boost performance, even if its only a few extra frames. I looked up your system and you can download them here: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/quadro-n … er-uk.html. Please verify those drivers are in fact the right drivers for your system (Win XP 32bit, NVS 3100M) before downloading.

@Abuk007

According to the DxDiag report, you are using on-board graphics instead of the Nvidia 620M. I’m not sure if the game may or may not be using the card, something tells me the Integrated Intel GPU might not even be able to handle that many frames! The report doesn’t even show me your Nvidia card - Do you know how to disable on board graphics and look into this?

@Planetus

We dealt with your issue via PM. Graphics drivers update caused a significant fps raise, but maps like Arena are still hard on the system.

@Lann094

Someone else is reporting an issue with SLI and I’m trying to look into that. It looks like you’ve updated your graphics drivers recently - what sorts of frames are you getting on average on say, moor, stoneshill, arena and battlegrounds? Arena and battlegrounds are reportedly more taxing on the system than the other two.

• Framerates on all maps are fairly similar (provided I was flying around in a local server, due to someone turning our servers off!). Dips of down to 45 when turning to look over the map, but around 55-65 on average. Could reach up to 80 fps on Battlegrounds when looking toward the bomb cart section of the map, but that dropped away upon turning again (Using a 120Hz monitor, so VSync is at 120fps). GPU utlisation generally sits around 80% on one GPU, and 15% on the second. I noticed famerates felt a bit smoother with SLI off, and numbers were increased about +5.

EDIT: Just double checked my Non-SLI tests, and the average framerates were actually pretty much the same, but max framerates were peaking at about 85 instead of 70. Forget to mention ran all of this at max settings, 95 FOV and 1080p.

• @Martin, CPU integrated graphic handles the system display, while 620M is used for other apps. It is listed under system devices in my DXdiag report. Its Nvidia optimus technology. CPU handles low-end apps, GPU -high-end. Thou CPU is listed as the primary graphics for the system. It is not manualy switchable.

• @Abuk007

Since I’m unable to obtain the driver version, and you’re confident that is the case, I can only really suggest updating your Nvidia graphics drivers for now (that is, unless you have already updated to the latest) - it’s really always the best thing to do whenever you need to squeeze a few extra frames out of the system. Levels still need optimisation so right now they are more taxing than they should be. Here is a link to the updated drivers: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/notebook … er-uk.html. Please verify that they are indeed the correct drivers for your system before downloading. Here is also a link for drivers for your onboard graphics: Link. Again, please verify they are for your system.

• Im already updated to latest, but thank you for your interest and support. I get 50-62 FPS on Arena. Lower values for bigger/more detailed maps where its almost constant 40. Its either level optimization or some issue with my config which I didnt find yet ;/ .

• OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name BIGTENOLD-PC
    System Manufacturer eMachines
    System Model EL1358G
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor AMD Athlon™ II X2 220 Processor, 2800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P01-B1, 4/20/2011
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “6.1.7601.17514”
    User Name bigtenold-PC\big tenold
    Time Zone Central Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 2.75 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.31 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 8.61 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 6.26 GB
    Page File Space 5.86 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

• hey I got
    Intel core I7 2,00 up to 2,9 ghz
    nvidia geforce gt 540m
    4gb ram
    500 hdd

I got it on low settings but still if im fighting I get lagg, my ping is normal and every can I run it system sais I can play it on minimum and on steam they saying I can play it on minimum. But tell me why I get lagg on the lowest settings?

• halp. all low settings/off. had 30-40 fps in beta, now only 9-20

• hello!
    same problem than demonspree, with FPS between 10 to 30. Drivers updated to latest, I don’t know where it come from…

• I’m posting here because I had fps drop after beta patch 4
    I lag on map arena only no idea why

Intel Core i7 2600 3.40 GHz
    video card : radeon HD 7970 3go
    12 Go total memoy DDR3 à 668.97 MHz

I run games like mass effect 3 and starcraft 2 on max setting without any lag

Lag on arena is around 30 fps, it’S at 60 on any other map

thanks for answering this

• yo i tried the training and got at most 11 fps any way i could up this in my computer settings (im already running the game on min) i know my laptop’s pathetic :P

• My system specs:
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP2
    Intel® Core™ i5-2430M CPU @ 3.0GHz
    AMD Radeon™ HD 6650M, 2 GB VRAM
    3.79 GB RAM
    1600x900 Resolution

I play on the lowest settings possible. I get about 23-30 FPS on average. I kind of expect a lot more playing on low settings.

• Laptop-Asus k53tk
    Procesor AMD-A6-3400m Quad core.
    My game run at 60 fps but when there is above 12 players my fps started to dramatically goes down.
    no matter if its low detail, medium or high.