What Taking A Break From Chiv Will Do

• So I got the game a few months ago on a steam sale and played it for a month after that, really enjoyed myself, got pretty good, led kills on my team once or twice…in free for all mode. Anyways, I came crawling back curious how go I’d still be. the answer was worse. much worse. For those interested in how these Chivalry muscles can atrophy it is televised here.

• I cringed…

• I couldn’t watch past 2:00. Nothing but LMB’s and not a single parry.

• Not a single overhead either. Level 4, 4-13 with a ping of 12 so why are you lagging so badly? Your fps is shit and it looks super choppy in the video. I know it could be the setting of your recording software but it still looks like you have FPS issues.

I would assume that you have virtually no hours in the game and thus have little in depth understanding in the game. In depth level of understanding the game usually takes about a month of constant playing to develop the skills across several classes and weapon classes. Not just a few short hours within that month.

Next I would look into your FPS as that will have a serious effect on your game. While in game, goto console “~” and type stat fps and stat unit. The FPS should be and stay as close to 60 as possible. The stat unit shows you what is potentially bottle necking you via CPU or GPU.

I would suggest lowering your settings. Turn off dynamic lighting and shadows first since they are the most consuming. The game will look different but your FPS should be better and the game run a lot smoother. Turn off or lower all your settings and first try your monitors native resolution and if you are still experiencing FPS lag, try lowering your resolution till you find the right one that you can tollerate how ugly it is and FPS.

I think you may do better. If nothing else, friend up a few clan members to show you the ropes and more tips.

• Other than all the negative stuff, which I CAN agree with.

Funny comments here and there did get a chuckle out of me.

• @Retsnom:

Not a single overhead either. Level 4, 4-13 with a ping of 12 so why are you lagging so badly? Your fps is shit and it looks super choppy in the video. I know it could be the setting of your recording software but it still looks like you have FPS issues.

I would assume that you have virtually no hours in the game and thus have little in depth understanding in the game. In depth level of understanding the game usually takes about a month of constant playing to develop the skills across several classes and weapon classes. Not just a few short hours within that month.

Next I would look into your FPS as that will have a serious effect on your game. While in game, goto console “~” and type stat fps and stat unit. The FPS should be and stay as close to 60 as possible. The stat unit shows you what is potentially bottle necking you via CPU or GPU.

I would suggest lowering your settings. Turn off dynamic lighting and shadows first since they are the most consuming. The game will look different but your FPS should be better and the game run a lot smoother. Turn off or lower all your settings and first try your monitors native resolution and if you are still experiencing FPS lag, try lowering your resolution till you find the right one that you can tollerate how ugly it is and FPS.

I think you may do better. If nothing else, friend up a few clan members to show you the ropes and more tips.

^
    +1

10/catswithhats

• I dont even think i have 18 hours under my belt yet and I have more strategy than that :P
    no offense bro.
    Maybe we can duel, and learn to get better.