Instant overheads

• Every game I join, there’s a man-at-arms or a knight running around bent over at a 90 degree angle, as if they had some serious back problems. And whenever they come near someone, that poor innocent someone dies in a split second.

It’s true you can parry them if you’re quick enough, but more often than not the game seems to be in the favor of these hunchbacks. They know they’re abusing the game (in a way) and they do it regardless. Even I’ve done it to see how easy it is, and most rank 40s and 50s can’t parry them either.

Please fix.

• Swings don’t damage in wind-up, only in release. There is no such thing as an instant overhead, assuming the game does’t bullshit us on regular intervals(which it sadly tends to do).
    Only weapon I’ve had trouble parrying in time when the opponent uses messed up poses is the HWS.

…didn’t I just see you at Craster’s?

• Only a Sith deals in exploits.

• Like how I abuse and exploit my shift key for sprint?

• it is kind of lame, if anything it looks absolutely ridiculous. They should have a 15% chance to trip and fall on their face if they attack bent over.

• you’re probably refering to handle hits which are getting nerfed in the latest beta.

• @chivalryinterested:

it is kind of lame, if anything it looks absolutely ridiculous.

So does maa fukin telephoning, archers reloading heavy crossbows in 1.5 secs, Knights in plate-mail taking damage from pebbles,
    Swords that deal full damage the entire length of the swing, etc. etc.

• This is very annoying, I think the absolute worst for it might be hatchet and buckler as it’s slightly faster than hatchet alone, plus the maa’s closing speed. In theory there might be no such thing as an instant hit, but combine ping and natural human reaction time and the resulting experience isn’t any different.

The new tracers stand a chance at fixing it, but if they don’t I’d like to see a slight slowdown effect on the release for strikes made when staring at the floor. Looking down during a strike to accelerate it is one thing (and includes a turn speed limit), using third person to run around bent double is something else entirely.

• Mod

and most rank 40s and 50s can’t parry them either.

To be fair most rank 40+ players suck. Not to sound like a jerk but really you just need to get better and punish them (if all they’re doing is running around looking at the floor they’d be very predictable). They’re nerfing handle hits next patch too which should help give you a bit more time to react to them.

• Just get better isn’t really an answer. When you’re watching some spammy asshat who’s found something a bit overpowered chew your team up with something relatively simple, sure YOU could kill him, but that’s not going to help when the rest of the enemy shows up and you’re five bodies short.

If something is glitchy and doesn’t read properly then it’s just bad. Knowing how to circumvent it shouldn’t be a requirement to play the game.

• Just get better isn’t really an answer. When you’re watching some spammy asshat who’s found something a bit overpowered chew your team up with something relatively simple, sure YOU could kill him, but that’s not going to help when the rest of the enemy shows up and you’re five bodies short.

It is the answer. Too bad the rest of your team is dying from it, they’re all terribly bad players and anything besides an LMB would probably kill them anyways. Balancing the game around the worst players is a terrible idea.

If something is glitchy and doesn’t read properly then it’s just bad. Knowing how to circumvent it shouldn’t be a requirement to play the game.

It’s not glitchy and it reads fine. Quit asking to nerf the game. That’s seriously all you do.

• Mod

Knowing how to circumvent it shouldn’t be a requirement to play the game.

You don’t need to know how to punish lookdowns to play the game, but if you want to be any good you’d better start figuring it out.

• @Flippy:

It’s not glitchy and it reads fine. Quit asking to nerf the game. That’s seriously all you do.

Have to disagree with you there. Hatchet seems broken as fuck to me at the moment. The alt overhead with shield in particular is incredibly hard to block from facehug range, and as we know, it’s beyond trivial for an maa to get into facehug range. I know the game isn’t balanced around duels, but one-on-ones have never been more load out based, imo. I like the reduced bubble all-in-all, but it’s caused some balance problems.

• @Harry:

one-on-ones have never been more load out based, imo. I like the reduced bubble all-in-all, but it’s caused some balance problems.

Duels are so imbalanced because of it as well, stop playing duel mode the game is made (and balanced) for team play modes…

• If they are running around always hunched over that is a sure sign that they are a 3rd person player and really have no skills. It has nothing to do with the bubble reduction…… ugh! Best to avoid or to try and get behind them where the 3rd person view is not as good and kill them. This is why I have always said that 3rd person was the biggest single mistake made in this games design.

• @Jon:

Every game I join, there’s a man-at-arms or a knight running around bent over at a 90 degree angle,

Sounds like 3rd person syndrome. Not good for the lumbar.

• @Retsnom:

If they are running around always hunched over that is a sure sign that they are a 3rd person player and really have no skills.

I was messing around on a first person locked view server a few days ago and I was running around looking at my feet as an maa, I have been playing the original halo again and it surprises me how few games you can see your feet in…

I has feets…

• @Terminally:

Duels are so imbalanced because of it as well, stop playing duel mode the game is made (and balanced) for team play modes…

I play all modes, as do most players, and I know the game’s balanced for team modes. I’m not saying I think the hatchet and shield is OP in duels, I’m saying it’s broken, which is a problem in all game types. It’s even more ant-fun to play against than the HWS at the moment.

• @Harry:

It’s even more ant-fun to play against than the HWS at the moment.

I disagree, 3-4 stabs from the HWS and thats it you’re dead, even if you are knight.
    At least with hatchet they have to actually swing it instead of poke spam you to death…

• Global Moderator

@Terminally:

I disagree, 3-4 stabs from the HWS and thats it you’re dead, even if you are knight.
    At least with hatchet they have to actually swing it instead of poke spam you to death…

Tasks about 5 against knight unless you get lucky with headshots. Its hilarious against poorly experienced players who parry in between each stab.