Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 26

• Patch 26

***** The focus of this patch is Bug fixes and Improvements*****
    Gameplay

• Added parry tracers to beginning of swing, in the opposite direction of the swing.
    • New weapon handle tracers to remove handle hits (new tracer is parryable but no longer deals damage)
    • Try to improve the reliability of the chase mechanic.
    • Fixed an extra flinch effect when you’re on fire.
    • Fixed vertical turn limit on parry riposte.
    • Weapon variants now properly award users experience

Level

• Minor Hillside level fixes from forum reports

• Added loadout change volumes to Outpost

• Set physical materials on some SDK, Outpost, and Coldfront assets

• Coldfront

• Added oil decals around gate
        • Increased the duration of the oil splashy particle effect
        • Added crenelation variants
        • Adjusted collision on roof meshes
        • Carpet in throne room no longer clips with floor
        • Reduced the snow sprite spawn
        • Minor Optimizations, setting draw distances on particles and corpse
        • Replaced Mason banners with (barbaric)dragon banners

Misc

• Thrown torches split into two on impact.
    • Fixed heavy javelin and short spear when thrown shows a regular javelin.
    • Fixed weapon blood in standalone(create game) mode.
    • Added mud and foliage impact sounds for all melee weapons

SDK Changes/Additions

• Will warn when extracting packages that share a name with a package in CookedPC (since these packages will be ignored and superseded by the ones in CookedPC)
    • Changed ini read for code mods to only read and write those that are specified in Default ini; anything not present in the Default will not be read from the mod’s generated ini, so preventing the mod ini from e.g. overriding *Game.ini and *Engine.ini
    • Changed ?ModName to work properly for clients.
    • Added a reconnect retry in case a seamless transition download fails.
    • Added detailed log messages for download fail.

• No sprint attack fix.

• Obligatory second.

• Nice patch, now just address the turnspeed. The current lower turnspeed may seem great but it does induce early hits where the animation is slower than the actual tracer. Increasing the turnspeed fixes this, and if you have a look at the mod crushed made, attacks hit when they are supposed to. Almost like realtime. Yes, it’s a bit faster, but hey, that’s how it should be. You can react to almost anything if the turnspeed is increased to 70000, globally for all 2H weapons and 65000 for all 1h weapons. It’s slower now, but the animations are still the same and are not in-line with the tracers. On the contrary, this increase will make it even easier to block things like reverse overheads and other manipulated attacks. Really, TBS, give it a shot and you will see what I mean :)

• No 2h flinch raise with handle hit fix, gg.

• @Walter:

Nice patch, now just address the turnspeed. The current lower turnspeed may seem great but it does induce early hits where the animation is slower than the actual tracer. Increasing the turnspeed fixes this, and if you have a look at the mod crushed made, attacks hit when they are supposed to. Almost like realtime. Yes, it’s a bit faster, but hey, that’s how it should be. You can react to almost anything if the turnspeed is increased to 70000, globally for all 2H weapons and 65000 for all 1h weapons. It’s slower now, but the animations are still the same and are not in-line with the tracers. On the contrary, this increase will make it even easier to block things like reverse overheads and other manipulated attacks. Really, TBS, give it a shot and you will see what I mean :)

I wonder if this could work in chiv… I want to believe…

• hey everyone who handle hits

get fukt nerds

you might actually have to play the game the right way

huehuehuehue

spice bois

• Mod

Solid patch it looks like.

On a small side note, when joining servers running mod maps people are forced to download them every time, even if they just did the map before for some TO ones. I think that’s addressed in the SDK section but I’m not sure

• Chesney approves, now we only need 50 custom skins for the greatsword, free of charge.

• 0.8 flinch works with the handle weapons. You might hit trade, but most handle weapons are 2-shot weapons to knights, and probably isn’t worth hit-trading. At most bump those weapons to 0.85, but 2h flinch should NOT be increased for regular weapons like the swords, especially greatsword.

The handle nerfs halberd quite a fair amount, which isn’t a bad thing exactly, havent checked with the billhook. Havent checked out the other spears yet either.

Also, how many frames of the reverse parry tracers are there? 1 or 2 (or more)?

• Tested like 1hours in duel, so far concerning the handle hit, i would say polehammer, hallebarde don’t handle hit now, i didn’t saw no animation attack, the diff for the rest doesn’t seem to be big, second thing, we notice often some attack going inside the body and then hit way after, noticed like 2/3 time with grandmace OH, still need some proper testing because it’s pretty laggy like always after a patch.

+revert or make and option for the fuking camera, there is no reason to keep this one it’s terrible, fuking stamina need tweaking to, it’s just ridiculous how you can be better the whole duel, but you just miss 10 stamina in the end to perform an action and you lose -_-

• Can’t wait to go pillage some handlehitters.

• @Edmund:

+revert or make and option for the fuking camera, there is no reason to keep this one it’s terrible, fuking stamina need tweaking to, it’s just ridiculous how you can be better the whole duel, but you just miss 10 stamina in the end to perform an action and you lose -_-

I’m sure they’re all noted that and already working on fixing these issues just for you.

• @Sophax:

I’m sure they’re all noted that and already working on fixing these issues just for you.

^

Yes just sit tight.

• Been waiting on a fix for displaying/recording duels since October. I guess a boy can dream…

On another note, it’s possible to cancel out of (i.e. feint) a standing taunt by pressing the shield button. I’d like to see that fixed next patch.

• Patch is awesome. Really good work TBS. Shit isn’t going through my parries anymore.

• I can play with 100 ping and block handle hitters.

Praised TBS.

• @zombojoe:

I can play with 100 ping and block handle hitters.

Praised TBS.

Amen

/10catswithhats

• Wow, this patch is fucking amazing. I can actually parry alt swings, look down overheads ARE DELAYED!! 180 attacks don’t go through parry. Ridiculously abused weapons are shitter, and I couldn’t be happier. This is a start to something incredibly beautiful.

• I’ve tried the patch for 30 minutes or so, so far, and I’m liking the changes made.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.