How to fix shields.

• Completely remove attack speed bonus. This just causes already fast weapons to be unblockably fast. The shield doesn’t need an offensive advantage, but a defensive one.

Shorten/remove drop times so that you can attack right after dropping your shield/blocking an enemy. This will make it much less clunky and still give the shield offensive potential without making attacks in general faster.

At the moment, shields make some weapons extremely fast to an excessive point. Shields should have some degree of offensive potential, but the current attack speed bonus just breaks the balance of certain weapons. They need a substantial defensive advantage without also having a brokenly fast weapon.

If you don’t believe me, go hatchet-shield MAA and spam lookdown overheads. Go norse-buckler. Go HWS-shield. Go norse-shield knight lookdown overheads. It’s quite ridiculous.

I’d like to see this put in the official beta.

• Completely remove attack speed bonus.

It’s a bug lol, not a bonus and stop making thread plz :(

• @Edmund:

Then we should fix this bug.

• @Edmund:

Pls give me your source for where the devs say its a bug pls…

I remember this issue coming up last year around this time and no dev even responded…

• I always thought that a good way to improve the shields is to actually make them work like a shield. In other words the protection bubble of the shield is active at all times. This includes when it is on your back and you are just carrying it. Thus 1/3 or 1/4 of your body is always protected relative to the size and shape of the shield. This would make knights more tankier and give all shield classes a nice buff without really doing anything mechanic wise.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Completely remove attack speed bonus. This just causes already fast weapons to be unblockably fast. The shield doesn’t need an offensive advantage, but a defensive one.

+1

this attack speed bonus makes no sense at all

@JimmyTryhard:

Shorten/remove drop times so that you can attack right after dropping your shield/blocking an enemy. This will make it much less clunky and still give the shield offensive potential without making attacks in general faster.

+1

• @Retsnom:

I always thought that a good way to improve the shields is to actually make them work like a shield. In other words the protection bubble of the shield is active at all times. This includes when it is on your back and you are just carrying it. Thus 1/3 or 1/4 of your body is always protected relative to the size and shape of the shield. This would make knights more tankier and give all shield classes a nice buff without really doing anything mechanic wise.

lookdown+crouch+towershield=unbeatable
    Best idea NA.

• @Xylvion:

lookdown+crouch+towershield=unbeatable
    Best idea NA.

If you actually think it, they have to come up for air sometime, meanwhile objectives do not get done and arrows could still shoot you in the ass. currently Xbows already do this with their shield.

• Wish shields and animations and tracers and stamina and everything worked as it did back in 2012 ^^

• @kywild:

Wish shields and animations and tracers and stamina and everything worked as it did back in 2012 ^^

^ A thousand times this…

• @Terminally:

^ A thousand times this…

This is about the number of posts you make each day.

• I want to be able to shieldboard down stairs and hills with my shield. I think that would count as a buff. Any strike you land while sliding downhill would deal double damage and running people over would daze them.

• Also, you recover health when you do a 360 in midair (you can jump while boarding obv).

• @dudeface:

running people over would daze them.

What? We have cars now?

Oh, i read your post again and now it makes sense…

• @gndo:

@Terminally:

^ A thousand times this…

This is about the number of posts you make each day.

OMG, PEOPLE POSTING ON A FORUM!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

• Yeah, what is the world coming to.

• @gndo:

Yeah, what is the world coming to.

Anyhow, lets not derail the thread any further…

• @Retsnom:

I always thought that a good way to improve the shields is to actually make them work like a shield. In other words the protection bubble of the shield is active at all times. This includes when it is on your back and you are just carrying it. Thus 1/3 or 1/4 of your body is always protected relative to the size and shape of the shield. This would make knights more tankier and give all shield classes a nice buff without really doing anything mechanic wise.

I can’t wait to see spinners spin to block as well.