So when and why did they scrap smaller weapons cant fully block big weapons?

• in AOC if a smaller weapon parried a larger weapon, you would still take some damage, why, and when did TB decide to scrap that? is there an explanation?
    This daggers blocking mauls thing is just BS.
    they had a perfectly good game mechanic, and they scrapped it =/.

• Global Moderator

Well now its a massive stamina loss instead.

And you aren’t blocking you are parrying.

• @chivalryinterested:

in AOC if a smaller weapon parried a larger weapon, you would still take some damage, why, and when did TB decide to scrap that? is there an explanation?
    This daggers blocking mauls thing is just BS.
    they had a perfectly good game mechanic, and they scrapped it =/.

I have argued this point for over a year with archer and maa secondaries…. I miss AOC in so many ways.

AOC is dead, Long live AOC!

• @Retsnom:

AOC is dead, Long live AOC!

I actually played a match in AoC a few months ago with full server, pings were so bad though, seems all the russians like it now…

• Because it’s a retarded idea.

• It was never a thing for CMW. As much as we love smashing archers, it is not great for gameplay if they are better off hitting F10 when they see a guy with a maul.

• @Andrew:

It was never a thing for CMW. As much as we love smashing archers, it is not great for gameplay if they are better off hitting F10 when they see a guy with a maul.

No, they’re just better off learning proper footwork and avoiding melee situations since they’re ARCHERS not Knights.

• Mod

I’ve always wished 2handers could smash through an archers scrawny armed parry, but nope ;(

• @Andrew:

It was never a thing for CMW. As much as we love smashing archers, it is not great for gameplay if they are better off hitting F10 when they see a guy with a maul.

I’d argue otherwise …

• I wish this game was more like Movie Battles II when it comes to teamplay and balance. But then again it’s a whole different gameplay and in the end it’s okay how it is. Maybe they will come up with something different in Chivalry 2.

• @Oy:

No, they’re just better off learning proper footwork and avoiding melee situations since they’re ARCHERS not Knights.

BUT HOW WOULD ARCHERS BE OP IF THEY COULDN’T ONE SHOT KILL 3/4 CLASSES AND IF THEY ACTUALLY MIGHT BE _WEAK _IN MELEE!???!!!?

• @DaciaJC:

I’d argue otherwise …

Next time you see an archer just F10, you will respawn quicker and be back into the fight faster…

• Guys, it’s in the lore. Archers(and sometimes Maas if they use them) have bionic arms with super strength. That’s why they can shoot pebbles that hurt knights and deflect mauls with tiny daggers.

Read up on this stuff next time jeez.