Official Server Ping Limits

• Please add ping limits to the official servers its absolutely ridiculous that people come on servers with 200 plus ping. There’s no reason people can’t play the game on servers in there own country……

• Depends on the time you play.

No offense to Murricah, but when it’s late at night and sunrise in the US, the EU servers I play on become too flooded with 200+ ping players to even bother with a votekick.

It’s getting annoying when people on the server(half of them having ridiculously high ping) vote no, and then actually try to votekick you back. They don’t even have a single clue on how playing with high ping isn’t normal or fair. Next thing I know, I might encounter them on the Steam forums, saying the game stutters.

• @Rickvs:

Depends on the time you play.

No offense to Murricah, but when it’s late at night and sunrise in the US, the EU servers I play on become too flooded with 200+ ping players to even bother with a votekick.

It’s getting annoying when people on the server(half of them having ridiculously high ping) vote no, and then actually try to votekick you back. They don’t even have a single clue on how playing with high ping isn’t normal or fair. Next thing I know, I might encounter them on the Steam forums, saying the game stutters.

This is exactly how I feel, it’s not personal at all I just want to play the game fairly and not have my own ping suffer because other players are joining with 200+.

• @Rickvs:

but when it’s late at night and sunrise in the US, the EU servers I play on become too flooded with 200+ ping players to even bother with a votekick.

We get the same thing in the morning, NA servers filled with yuros. Can we trade them?

• @Rickvs:

The thing is though how its the exact way over here, we have almost all 200-280 pings whilst all the dumbfuk americans go to overseas servers…

• We get murrcans on the singapore servers too, but they have like 350+ ping.
    “But I’m not lagging…”

• @dudeface:

We get murrcans on the singapore servers too, but they have like 350+ ping.
    “But I’m not lagging…”

I honestly don’t mind the people who don’t notice their ping and when they do they leave, I have respect for those people I really do…

Its the people who are so insulted that you would not like to play with 300ms delay in swings that they try to vote kick YOU…that shit makes me sad…

• @Dog:

There’s no reason people can’t play the game on servers in there own country……

Those people probably don’t have local servers on their own countries.
    I know it’s bad, but what are you gonna do? They paid for a Multiplayer game with no proper servers. Leave them out?

Just between Europe and America (the continent) there’s about 100 countries. I don’t think there are 100 localized servers.

• @Alphonse:

Those people probably don’t have local servers on their own countries.
    I know it’s bad, but what are you gonna do? They paid for a Multiplayer game with no proper servers. Leave them out?

Just between Europe and America (the continent) there’s about 100 countries. I don’t think there are 100 localized servers.

But then why should they join a 32 player west coast American server then? Honestly at that point even U.K./Aussie servers are closer…

• @dudeface:

We get murrcans on the singapore servers too, but they have like 350+ ping.
    “But I’m not lagging…”

We get you on the EU servers with like 150 ping :<

• I put a 150 ping limit on my own server and it kicked me when I joined with a 60 ping.

• @gregcau:

I put a 150 ping limit on my own server and it kicked me when I joined with a 60 ping.

What’s your server?

• @Chimpanzer:

What’s your server?

Why - what are you going to do to it?

I ran custom mods for a while, but don’t use it much now since the new TO maps are out and there was limited interest in a pure custom map server, some of the maps just pissed people off.

• @gregcau:

Why - what are you going to do to it?

I ran custom mods for a while, but don’t use it much now since the new TO maps are out and there was limited interest in a pure custom map server, some of the maps just pissed people off.

You’re west coast right greg? Think I have seen you ingame before a few times.

• Global Moderator

I like when they say “but my pings not normally this high” then you ask where they live and they say something like Finland. You then explain how this server is in Australia and they reply “I don’t see what that’s got to do with anything”.

• They said a long time ago they’ll never add ping limits on official servers so everyone has access to some server. I wish it was 200 though.

• @Terminally:

You’re west coast right greg? Think I have seen you ingame before a few times.

Toronto, usually Central but if not available I sneak onto West coast with a 120 ping.

• But then why should they join a 32 player west coast American server then? Honestly at that point even U.K./Aussie servers are closer…

Haven’t you heard? We don’t like boat people, we kick them out hard and fast. When a laggy player joins they often don’t last long.

• @gregcau:

Toronto, usually Central but if not available I sneak onto West coast with a 120 ping.

Wouldn’t east coast US servers be closer?

• так что, если у меня есть 450 ping? это не является проблемой!