How you can help the developers!

• Developer

Thank you all for being part of our community! We hope you are enjoying Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and really appreciate your purchase of the game as it is allowing us to continue doing what we love- making games!

I wanted to create this thread for you guys to know a few ways that you can help us out further if you would like to, we would certainly appreciate it!

This day, I ask you to fight for the Torn Banner.

Tell your Friends!

Word of mouth is as simple as you telling your friends about the game, it has an incredibly powerful exponential effect and is the most beneficial thing you can do for us. The awesome thing is that it also makes the game more fun for you too!

Be a Community Hero!

Pass along all information you know to others ingame and on the forums when they ask! This does two things, 1. it makes you awesome, 2. it makes our community awesome, which in turn makes the game experience better for you!

So be awesome to other people, help out, we’re all learning, have fun, give us some feedback and enjoy!

Give effective/efficient Feedback

We actually read our forums, and take community discussion very seriously. We know that at the end of the day if our fanbase is happy, everything else will fall into place. We are often discussing things as a team that the community is saying! We want to listen to all of your feedback, but it is incredibly difficult to do that without structure, so here is some hopefully clear advice on how you can really help us improve the game and make it easier for us to respond to your feedback.

State your idea/suggestion/tweak as clearly as you can, as shortly as you can. There is few communication skills more important than brevity. Be brief, be clear and be respectful- this is the key to writing a great post that the developers respond well to.

Also, here are some great first steps when joining the community:

We also really appreciate it when topics which have had a lot of back and forth discussion get summarized at the end with thoughts and various perspectives. This allows us to get the general feel for the conversation that took place without having to read as much. If original posters could make a habit of summarizing the discussion and adding [Summarized] to the topic title, we would really appreciate it!

Buy Direct from our website

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/buy-now

This makes sure the most amount of your money goes to the developers as possible, other retailers take massive cuts and we see far, far less from purchases made elsewhere. If you are looking to directly support the developers of the game, this is one of the most clear ways.

Rate us on Meta Critic!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/chiva … al-warfare

The score a game gets on Meta Critic is very important to its success. We would love for you to rate our game there based on what you feel it deserves and let others know what you think of the game.

Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/Chivalrythegame

Facebook is incredibly powerful at spreading news, even if you just share a few of our posts, it makes a huge difference and we really appreciate you publicly showing your support for our work!

Follow us on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/tornbanner

The best way to stay up to date on the game, following us on Twitter will also be greatly appreciated especially if you are re-tweeting the most important messages we send out!

Subscribe to our Channel on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tornbannerstudios

We will be posting both informative tutorial based videos as well as funny/entertaining ones of the game here and will also continue to release trailers for upcoming updates to the game, subscribing makes sure you never miss the latest media on Chivalry.

Spread the word!

When doing so, please abide by the forum/website rules that you are posting on. Spamming doesn’t make anyone interested in what you are saying- just annoyed. Seeking out relevant communities that might be interested with an intelligent and well crafted post can make a big difference though, so we appreciate all of your efforts in this matter!

–---------------------------------------------------

We love to hear stories of you guys promoting the game and spreading the word, please let us know in reply what you have done to support us or if you have other ideas on how others can help!

THANK YOU,

Torn Banner Studios!

• Seeing that you recommend we buy the game directly from you I was going to ask if you had the four packs available, and if you get Steam keys for them as well… my question was then answered just by checking out the purchase page.

Keep up the awesome work. You guys are doing great.

• And something you devs can do when your not busy is play with the players :D

• Developer

We will! Look for developers ingame as they have a Torn Banner next to their names!

• I have been pimping AOC for years and would like to think along with GB, that I had a good hand in keeping the mod alive.

We are the first clan to have a Facebook that I know of.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/%C4%B6%D8%A3%C4%BB%C4%83-Killers-In-Lethal-Alliance/337242096306642

We have been pimping Chiv as much as possible. We also have kept our AOC server up and may do it longer to help recruit players into Chiv. That might be something you guys should consider doing as well. With the proper advertisement plugins on a Dev hosted AOC server you can pimp Chiv all day long. This has several effects and servers to build both communities.

• @Retsnom:

I have been pimping AOC for years and would like to think along with GB, that I had a good hand in keeping the mod alive.

We are the first clan to have a Facebook that I know of.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/%C4%B6%D8%A3%C4%BB%C4%83-Killers-In-Lethal-Alliance/337242096306642

We have been pimping Chiv as much as possible. We also have kept our AOC server up and may do it longer to help recruit players into Chiv. That might be something you guys should consider doing as well. With the proper advertisement plugins on a Dev hosted AOC server you can pimp Chiv all day long. This has several effects and servers to build both communities.

Never thought about making a facebook group for -KoTrT- tbh, felt like home on the server and steam was the 2nd home….

and yeah would like to get AoC’s community growing back again, so we have aoc for the ranged gravity chiv for other fun stuff lol.

Surprised that there isn’t much abuse on it tbh (you’re clan mates are losing their edge) :p

P.S.

Glory takers ! :p

• ^LOLs not sure about losing the edge. People are already hatin on us. :D I don’t mind being the Chivalry bad guys. Just consider us the Mason Order.

• Today a friend on steam asked me how it was, shortly after, he was installing the game.

8-) I did it all.

• I can help through my ideas and experience that i have. :)

Brad555

• if we buy from you, is it same as steam and i have to download the game from your website?

• Developer

Its the same, you get a steam key from us and you go to steam and activate the game there.

• ok sweet.
    ill go buy a visa gift card to get some money in my PP and but it off you guys
    EDIT: do you guys support pre paid visa gift cards?

• MASON !!! :x

• I’ve already done all of these, lest the twitter which I dont anticipate to sign up for any time soon. :) Thanks for the epic game!

• For now cannot recommend the game to anyone . Fix it first .
    Also I might am interested to spread the word about other game here aswell ….

Spamming = short word for advertising , there are so much spamming companies earning money … sure spamming don’t works .

! Hmm, strangely ,there is a phrase : "There is no such thing as bad advertisement.’’ Also I haven’t seen the practise people not to buy goods only because the spam bored/annoyed them

• Buy Direct from our website

This makes sure the most amount of your money goes to the developers as possible, other retailers take massive cuts and we see far, far less from purchases made elsewhere. If you are looking to directly support the developers of the game, this is one of the most clear ways.

the link doesnt work: page not found

• @Sir:

Buy Direct from our website

the link doesnt work: page not found

That site works for me, but the resultant http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/buy-from-us page does not. :(

• I’m sorry guys, as much as I make it a point to support Devs and eliminate middle-men, when the middle-men are offering it to you at %60 off, there’s not much choice there!

I don’t know if it’s logical for you guys to match a Steam sale everytime, but I imagine that’s what’s bringing in the bulk of players. After trying it I probably would have got it at regular price anyways, but at the Steam sale pricepoint it really suspends any hesitation to just buy it and try it.

• I got 12 friends talked into buying the game over the Steam Sales. They all love it as much as I do. The biggest problem is trying to join the same game. Not even same team but just getting us all on the same server with getting errors is a pain. I wish the friends Tab in the server list worked. ;)

• I want to help the developers… literally.
    I’ve searched for this everywhere but no dice: are you hiring?