Health Regen

• What does the community think about health regen? I would like to see health regen improved/buffed

• I think the general recover speed is fine as it is, but should gradually increase the more time you spend regenerating.

As soon as the game picks up on the fact that you’re safely hidden behind some random pillar without danger, it shouldn’t force the player to spend more unnecessary time out of combat. A gradual percentage increase that eventually lets you regen 2x as fast after around 10 seconds might work, as long as the player in question has full stamina.

Honestly though, the health regen is one of the few things in this game I barely have anything to say about. Not something I can consider a high priority for changes.

• I feel faster health regen would buff knights a wee bit too much, but I’m not worried about that aspect.

Faster health regen would give defending side a greater latent advantage than they have, especially when you’ve found yourself pushed back to your spawn.

For example, let’s take stoneshill when the ram is all the way to the wall. Say you are on attacking and you wiped, and they are pushing up to your spawn, though pretty low on health. Faster health regen would allow the defending side to pressure a lot harder and stay forward for longer. The regen is just at the right speed to where if you are low on health, you have to wait pretty much on the objective for them to full heal by the time you get there.

What about those long range archer shots attackers hate getting hit by from dumb luck? Well, as long as they are in a risky position in the first place, it still benefits the attacking side. 1 shot isn’t the end of the world and doesn’t necessarily mean you have to wipe or wait for the regen. Try for a push and do better next push if it doesn’t go anywhere.

On the flipside, attackers just wiped defenders, and now they are low on health. Faster health regen would help them stay in on the objective longer if it’s at the end of the objective. Current health regen is the previous scenario explained only backwards if the ram is still in the early stages.

I’m kind of neutral. If any changes were made it would have to be very slight, but I’m leaning toward the No side.

• I don’t think it’s game-breaking as it is, but a small buff wouldn’t bother me. If there’s a rate buff maybe only make it for when you are crouching.

• It’s fine how it is atm, but it would be better if your regen rate is slightly faster when crouching. Not back to how it used to be, but only so that it is still medically advantageous to be crouching. In TO, defenders could choose to be more sedentary and crouch regen in hopes of meeting the offense on their path to the obj, or they could push up and have less health but have a chance to oppress the attackers even further. The attackers would have more options if the defenders stayed back, because the area would be more clear (allowing for flanks, side routes, etc.). This would make for slightly more interesting gameplay and strategy.

• I swear some of the time it stops working anyway. I’ll be stood perfectly still for like 2 mins before regen even starts.

• @AngryDave:

I swear some of the time it stops working anyway. I’ll be stood perfectly still for like 2 mins before regen even starts.

This is true, sometimes it just takes forever to start.

• No thx, already super annoying when someone start backpedaling after you hit them one time, go play cod, kid.

• @Edmund:

No thx, already super annoying when someone start backpedaling after you hit them one time, go play cod, kid.

We kind of already are with the embarrassing state archers are in currently. Might as well let me heal quicker if I’m getting pelted by snipers.

After an archer nerf this might not be needed though.

• hahaha soon

• I think the rate is fine. One thing that does bug me is the Red Screen Of Near Death.

It’s one of the weirdest clichés in games. Why when you need to be on your game the most is your vision also the most impaired? It’s terrible on some darker map stages too, like the escape on coldfront, where everything goes near black.

But I get it, you’re injured and it’s a good way of communicating that. But once communicated, it’d be nice if that effect were to wear off a bit quicker, regardless of if you’re crouched in a ditch regenerating health or running for the hills.

• Somewhat unrelated, but, it would be nice to see crouching to regen stamina faster come back.

• @Chimpanzer:

Somewhat unrelated, but, it would be nice to see crouching to regen stamina faster come back.

Yeah I liked that feature too. When it was taken out didn’t an overall faster rate come in?

Perhaps if the current rate was just for standing still, the old slow rate for walking around and a new ever so slightly faster rate for crouched and still? I could live with that.

And um… “somewhat”?

• I don’t think it should be quite as fast as it is in DW (because MaAs and archers can disengage so easily already) but I think it has the right idea that it speeds up the longer you spend recovering. I think that would fit MW pretty well since most of the time if you’re that low and recovering that much health, you’re gonna sit there safe until you’re full again anyway. It wouldn’t affect duels or those skirmish type fights too much where you’re constantly trying to re-engage MaAs and archers. I think it would help archer vs archer leg shots too to make it go by a little faster in competitive, and not make getting shot by an archer in pubs as annoying.

• I think slow, constant regen speed works best for this game. Encourages you in some scenarios to proceed fighting before you reach full health, and adds more variety to the game.
    I wouldn’t mind still-standing crouch to let you regen faster, that’d be neat.

• Just leave it how it is now, except, if you get hit by an arrow you will fully regen in 1 second.

• @gndo:

Just leave it how it is now, except, if you get hit by an arrow you will fully regen in 1 second.

I’ve often thought of faster health regen after arrow hits but it would just encourage TK’ng too much and destroy team battles, and also you would want archers to shoot you instead of natural regen so it just wouldn’t work.

• I think your health regen should steadily get faster and faster the longer you are healing.

• @McLumberjack:

Yeah I liked that feature too. When it was taken out didn’t an overall faster rate come in?

Yeah. Base regen was slower than it was now. They took out crouch regen, but increased base stam regen.

Base regen is at 12.5 per sec currently. Taking 8 seconds to completely regen.

I’ve forgotten, but I want to say base regen used to be 10 per sec, taking 10 seconds to completely regen. Might have been even slower than that though.

• I miss that exploit when you could just sprint for a second to start the regen.