New tracers feedback

• there’s some funky looking inconsistencies going on with the tracers, swords getting the least of it even though greatsword was notorious for bullshit overheads and SoW is used for its insane bodystabs/feint "mixup"
    poleaxe also sometimes had bullshit ripostes but that looks “fixed”

gmace stab is like half blue tracer, what’s up with that

sow (stab because bodystabs are still crazy)
    http://i.imgur.com/DnxdcL6.png

poleaxe (also had the occasional very fast bodystab)
    http://i.imgur.com/nvyh24g.png

bardouche (i thought this would be like poleaxe + gmace but nope)
    http://i.imgur.com/lSB23cm.png

GREATSWORD LOL
    http://i.imgur.com/ym5cSJH.png

idk some of the tracers feel weird and look weird to me, with gmace having some weird delay stuff

seeing the other 1hand tracers i don’t know why swords basically got nothing even though they have the occasional hard/night impossible to blockable riposte stabs/greatsword overhead (just like handle hits) swords retain their riposte power completely while other weapons get giant chunks of blue tracers

swords really didn’t need to be indirectly buffed, most of the competitive scrims you see swords because they have superior reach + speed along with, arguably, some of the best feints and stab animations. now you can look at sword tracers vs other weapons and say for a fact that swords have better tracers. i mean in practicality it might not be a big difference but just looking at the tracers there is a clear imbalance. why should swords be exempt from bullshit ripostes/random phase through parry hits?

broad has 3 (lb tracers) which is cool, norse which has .35 speed like hws, has only 2 and there’s no way because that it’s shorter since HWS has 4 along with hachet (which outs hachet a close range crazy-man weapon)

with these tracers i can imagine (and i got some retarded gmace trades/nontrades playing a 3v3) that dumb trades/flinches (thanks flinch on release) are going to happen, swords are going to get the best of it because of their superior tracers. if it was consistent i wouldn’t have a problem but the fact that there are such glaring differences, not to mention swords are generally the strongest weapons in the game makes me wonder what you guys were thinking in making these. it’d be nice to see SOME amount of consistency instead of swords getting off basically scot free from the tracers overview. especially greatsword. holy shit why
    also why so much blue on the daggers? they aren’t being used at all, why nerf their close range capabilities?

i’m cool with handle hit removal but the tracers on gmace and poleaxe in particular seem slightly overdone with weapons like greatsword/swords in general not really done at all. (gr8sword op). it’s like removing the bullshit ripostes that happen sometimes with every weapon… except for swords (and quarterstaff, that wasn’t touch at all)

just saw shortsword, 2 pips of tracer, one of the best riposte stabbers in the game compared to the maces/axes which get 3/4 blues is really funny (cudgel gets 3, nobody uses cudgel)

of course i’d be happy to be proven wrong with videos, nice pictures etc

• Global Moderator

Honestly it doesn’t feel that different. It looks worse than it is.

• Greatsword still lookdown hits wayy too damn fast. And like you said, swords just don’t feel too different…

What are these 3 and 4 measurements of? Sorry I am foncused.

One thing positive that I did notice is that broadsword v broadsword knight duels are much less bullshit, ripostes used to be very glitchy 50% of the time, now I only see about 15% being glitchy. This is probably a result of the vertical turnspeed cap on ripostes, however.

Also, flinch in release is happening a lot more than usual.

• Sword tracers are pretty much unaffected. You can easily handlehit with all knight swords and vang swords still.
    The overhead tracer non damage part is over before the attack has come from behind your back even when lookdowning, it needs to be longer.
    Stabs would also preferable get longer non damage tracer on swords. Im gonna post screenshots if I have the energy to start up chiv 2day.

• playing sow for like 5 min, already noticed that if you just overhead to the left of people and completely miss as far as your animation goes, you land a hit that goes past parry like… 95% of the time. :D

don’t tell the commoners

• @50ShadesofClay:

playing sow for like 5 min, already noticed that if you just overhead to the left of people and completely miss as far as your animation goes, you land a hit that goes past parry like… 95% of the time. :D

don’t tell the commoners

Wtf Americans discovered how to drag overheads with swords!

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Wtf Americans discovered how to drag overheads with swords!

theses muricans finally got gud

• @CRUSHED:

theses muricans finally got gud

Feint reading monsters.

• @50ShadesofClay:

playing sow for like 5 min, already noticed that if you just overhead to the left of people and completely miss as far as your animation goes, you land a hit that goes past parry like… 95% of the time. :D

AKA drags. Jebus Cribe.

• DAMN, IS THAT WHAT DRAGS ARE? SHEEEEEEEIT I’VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME!

i thought it was when you looked straight at your opponent and attacked.

gonne be so gud now

• git gud clayton u scrub nublet

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9NIZOvfKpc
    ^ americans finding out about drags

• americans finding out about secret EU strats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

• Should we tell NA about light xbow?

• nah man, lets tell them about javelins first

or fast kick bro, they dont know bout that since theyre like 1 year behind in meta, there was no fast kick 1 year ago so how would they know

• @CRUSHED:

nah man, lets tell them about javelins first

or fast kick bro, they dont know bout that since theyre like 1 year behind in meta, there was no fast kick 1 year ago so how would they know

Send Noxa to NA.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Send Noxa to NA.

nah man we cant send teachers, we already lost backpedal to NA recently, we need to stay ahead till chiv 2 so shh

• It’s pretty funny that NA found out about drags just now considering Sophax has been dragging since early alpha when this game still used diablo font.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

It’s pretty funny that NA found out about drags just now considering Sophax has been dragging since early alpha when this game still used diablo font.

back when this game had TF2 crosshair