Anyone else think the official low rank servers should be removed?

• All they do is fragment an already tiny player population, and make it tough to find a server for much of the day, especially in US East. I’m often forced to play on UK, or US West servers.

I can understand opening them up for a time after steam sales and the like, but during the down-time between sales, low rank servers really do more harm than good.

• yeah its really annoying, half my server browser is always green and i can NEVER find LTS servers that arent green, PLEASE REMOVE THEM

• It wouldn’t be a good impression if the beginners got immediately annihilated by the expert level players that play in the regular servers. Let them play in their servers so they get a hang of this game.

You don’t pit master level Counter Strike players against beginners, the same applies here. Maybe reduce it to ranks 1-10, but beginner servers are a good idea for newcomers. Besides, you wouldn’t want a ton of teammates who only know how to do side swings and keep TKing you right?

• @Albatross8:

Besides, you wouldn’t want a ton of teammates who only know how to do side swings and keep TKing you right?

We have this anyway.

• @Albatross8:

It wouldn’t be a good impression if the beginners got immediately annihilated by the expert level players that play in the regular servers. Let them play in their servers so they get a hang of this game.

agreed though I feel for level 55s finding a server

• I have yet to have trouble finding a server to play on when I want to play.

• Yes please remove them

• @NoVaLombardia:

I have yet to have trouble finding a server to play on when I want to play.

Same here…

• I have no trouble finding a server at all. I think the Low Rank servers are fine, and it’s only until rank 15 anyways (which is like one day of gameplay, haha).

• I would vote for reducing the number of them to 3 or 4, one in each region/time zone. There is no need for any more than that. Or fix the damn server filters so they are excluded.

• @Retsnom:

I would vote for reducing the number of them to 3 or 4, one in each region/time zone. There is no need for any more than that. Or fix the damn server filters so they are excluded.

Pretty much this, they still have a place in game but do not really need a lot of them.

• They really need less of them. Three separate times I’ve logged into this:

I don’t want to play FFA/Duel/LTS. I want to play TO.

• yeah, if you like to play TO and don’t mess around in LTS/FFA/TDM etc… it’s hard to find servers to play at certain times when you can see there are players in those servers. It may be a bad idea to remove since it gives new players a haven to learn amongst other new players, but it sucks not having any servers to play TO on and there being like 3-4 full newp servers.

if you don’t play until the evening, you’re never going to really have an issue finding a server. But if you try playiing during the day, you’ll have more of an issue finding servers. I work nights so i play a lot in the mornings, and this is typically the case. Or i could play with 120+ ping in the west coast at times which is an absolute nightmare, everyone has like 120-300+ ping.

• Don’t like the idea of removing them, noobs need these servers or else they will never unlock any weapons!
    See my post, they should stay, but there should be some changes.
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19915-strange-thoughts-on-the-low-rank-server

• This is ridiculous and things were fine before we had them. We all went through the ranking and learning process, why should it be changed? Because some people whine and quit? It happens anyway when they get to the big boy servers.

• Nah let em enjoy the game.

• @Sophax:

Nah let em enjoy the game.

At the expense of the rest of us sitting it out? Fuck that. Down with hand holding baby servers! Kill them all! (With a maul, of course)

• @Slaughtervomit:

At the expense of the rest of us sitting it out? Fuck that. Down with hand holding baby servers! Kill them all! (With a maul, of course)

I don’t have problems with finding a server to play.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I don’t have problems with finding a server to play.

Yet again, Europe is the superior continent.

• @Kreittis:

Yet again, Europe is the superior continent.

Wait, Yurop is a continent? - every murrican right now