OLD DEATHCAM

• it looks like there is 100% agreement that the old deathcam is better

• I miss my head rolling down stairs or some hill after being decapitated… that was one of those great little things about this game…

• @KingWillie:

I miss my head rolling down stairs or some hill after being decapitated… that was one of those great little things about this game…

That’s what made dying fun and interesting, as the trailer says.

• @lemonater47:

How would it affect customisation lol.

Really there was no reason to change it. DW had come out with 3rd person deaths. TB decided to change MW to match. That’s what happened.

It was something about customization breaking when you die so muh immersion breaks when your coat changes pattern or something.

You know, kinda what happens to your shields now when you die.

Or we could stop speculating as ask TBS.

• Never forget.

• @Kreittis:

It was something about customization breaking when you die so muh immersion breaks when your coat changes pattern or something.

The only thing that happened was, when you spectated someone in fp, armor and shield had checkerd missing textures, but this was no valid reason to remove fp deaths.

@fvonb:

Never forget.

Bring it back TB! Even Mount and Blade Warband has firstperson and thirdperson deaths.

• I have not played Chivalry for some year and a half now because I do not have that much time anymore…

Yesterday, I got back.

Very quickly, I noticed the absence of one of the hallmark features of the original game - the first person deathcam. I have two messages:

To the developers from Torn Banner:
    Guys, this was the SINGLE WORST DECISION ever made for this game.
    Back in my days, I had my share of reservations about the game’s balance, quirks, ghost swings, ghost parries (où sont les neiges d’antan…) but I am a fencer myself so I have the idea how fricking complicated it is to make a viable fencing game. The one thing I appreciated about Chivalry was the uttermost commitment to immersion (if not realism) and I saw in this game also sort of a message (not sure if intended) - while violence in games may be fun, violence and death in themselves are not fun, they are brutal and terrifying. This message was mostly conveyed by the first person deathcam that allowed the player to live through the death experience in a very naturalistic manner (standing hopeless, gurgling on his own blood, losing the sense of colour due to decreasing blood pressure,… or seeing the final moments of the severed head). In the game, it is all gory fun, but it stays somewhere in the brain as a lasting reminder that WAR IS NOT F*****G FUN and death is almost never quick enough and merciful! If you can avoid violence IRL, do it because otherwise, there is a big chance you will end up choking on your blood and sliding slowly into the eternal darkness. This is now lost. I am disappoint deep.

To the Community:
    Now, you losers, I simply cannot believe you let this happen and I blame you for it. 2 years ago, when there was some minor issue like cutting around parry (which was not issue of the parry or the tracers but of the camera… and moreover it was quite realistic if you ask me as a fencer - it is surprisingly easy to get around person’s parry), the hell would break lose and it would last until the issue was somehow mitigated. I have checked the fora for related topics and there is a very limited number of topics that brought this up, all except this one having 2-3 pages at max.
    You, people, let this happen. If you are looking for the culprit, you have only to look into a mirror. Shame on you.
    Also there are no more Chivalry themed emoticons… shame on you twice.

• To be fair this one sorta slipped by because it was, at the time, by far the least heinous of the crimes being perpetrated upon the game.

• Trust me mate, there’s been quite some threads about its removal.

• pls bring them back Q.Q

• Needs to stay on the first page :(

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

To the Community:
    Now, you losers, I simply cannot believe you let this happen and I blame you for it. 2 years ago, when there was some minor issue like cutting around parry (which was not issue of the parry or the tracers but of the camera… and moreover it was quite realistic if you ask me as a fencer - it is surprisingly easy to get around person’s parry), the hell would break lose and it would last until the issue was somehow mitigated. I have checked the fora for related topics and there is a very limited number of topics that brought this up, all except this one having 2-3 pages at max.
    You, people, let this happen. If you are looking for the culprit, you have only to look into a mirror. Shame on you.
    Also there are no more Chivalry themed emoticons… shame on you twice.

Shut the fuck up. You haven’t played this game for 2 years and you come in all hot and say this is the communities fault. You haven’t been through the last 10 patches have you? You have no idea how much of a twat you sound like right now.

Torn banana has continually, and CONSISTENTLY made horrible fucked up patches that either ruin things that weren’t broken or CREATE new issues all the while barely fixing the game as it is. We have NO input on this and the consistent threads of wanting to bring back the old deathcam are all very relevant.

Their excuse? They had to remove some ‘static based camera angles’ to facilitate the new models and new helmets available by dlc.

• To be honest, I miss have the end of the Map going to a frozen shot of the point leader’s screen. I have a few epic screen shots from those. Running around blind because of the scoreboard punching just doesnt cut it and I usually feel violated after.