Rank Inconsistency

• What Rumpel mentioned earlier about WARSAW and KyWild got me thinking about the rank system and how inconsistent it has always been.
    I’d be rank 50 by now if it wasn’t for the fact that I’ve spent almost all 1143 hours ingame playing LTS with my friends instead of team objective or free for all or team deathmatch. Instead I’m only rank 47.
    Rank is based off the xp you get from kills and LTS is a much slower based game mode than the others and once you die you have to sit out until 1 team eventually wins.

Kills come very slow in this game mode which means so does xp which I don’t think is fair really. It means that somebody who has played as much as I have is still that much further away from a new rank and helmet because of the game mode I’ve chosen to play. Perhaps kills in LTS should count for more to compensate although I’m sure you’ll all shoot that idea down.

I’m not too obsessed with rank fortunately but I do think it is a shame that I’m not being rewarded much for my playtime ingame just because of the game mode I play.

This is just a thought for you guys to ponder if you wish. Let me know what you guys think of the rank system. It isn’t a major game breaking problem at all so obviously it would be on the bottom of Torn Banners list anyway. But I just thought I’d point it out so I could hear some of your thoughts on it.

• theres alot of people over rank 60 in eu competitive scene haha

• @CRUSHED:

theres alot of people over rank 60 in eu competitive scene haha

hax server 60’s

• Agreed, it could be based off of other things, like total damage dealt, and not just kills.

• I brought xp and ranking up to the devs long ago but I guess they don’t consider it an issue…

• In DW it’s based on score, despite not having a TO mode. You get bonus score for doing a lot of different things like getting multi-kills (doubles, triples, ect.), for going on large kill streaks without dying, for exploding someone’s head with a blunt weapon, headshots, and decaps. You also get bonus points for surviving each LTS round, and assists.

I think it works really well and would love to see it in MW.

• The ranking system should be dynamic. If a Rank 30 person beats a Rank 50 person at any time they should receive +20 points and the Rank 50 should lose 20 points. If the rank 50 person beats the rank 30 person the rank 50 should get +1 point and the Rank 30 should lose -1 point. Thus people can lose ranks and gain ranks and will be ranked by their relative skill. So a rank 50 person will actually be good to be able to retain that rank, whilst a shit current rank 56 person like me will be pushed back to rank 20 or whatever.

The actual numbers are just an example.

However , given TB’s track record with the Rank system, I think this approach is beyond them. At least for Chiv 1.

edit: Oh, and duel mode should double the points lost/received. Since it is a duel after all.

• @Toll:

The ranking system should be dynamic. If a Rank 30 person beats a Rank 50 person at any time they should receive +20 points and the Rank 50 should lose 20 points. If the rank 50 person beats the rank 30 person the rank 50 should get +1 point and the Rank 30 should lose -1 point. Thus people can lose ranks and gain ranks and will be ranked by their relative skill. So a rank 50 person will actually be good to be able to retain that rank, whilst a shit current rank 56 person like me will be pushed back to rank 20 or whatever.

However , given TB’s track record with the Rank system, I think this approach is beyond them. At least for Chiv 1.

edit: Oh, and duel mode should double the points lost/received. Since it is a duel after all.

Pls no losing rank…

• sad part is that there was a bad rank bug that effected many for almost a year both positively and negatively. Then you have the bot farmers which are pretty much joke players. Then you have the uber player that only play the OP/power weapon classes and finally the die hard weapon loyalist that try an perfect that one or two classes that no one plays serious… hehe

• Nobody cerez about rank.

• XP modifier for each gamemode.
    1x200 for kill in TO
    2x200 for LTS
    0.5x200 for FFA
    etc.
    still kinda unnecessary, I’d just remove ranks in a heartbeat if I could.

• Global Moderator

They use modifiers in DW. 150% XP in LTS and duels, 125XP in PTB and HTB, 100% in TD and 75% in FFA.

• @Toll:

The ranking system should be dynamic. If a Rank 30 person beats a Rank 50 person at any time they should receive +20 points and the Rank 50 should lose 20 points. If the rank 50 person beats the rank 30 person the rank 50 should get +1 point and the Rank 30 should lose -1 point. Thus people can lose ranks and gain ranks and will be ranked by their relative skill. So a rank 50 person will actually be good to be able to retain that rank, whilst a shit current rank 56 person like me will be pushed back to rank 20 or whatever.

Maybe they should have matchmaking with ranks like in CS GO. THAT would be awesome. You would face people around your skill level more often. However I do think that TBS’s quality of game just kind of turns me off to something like this. The UI in Chiv is just too obviously underdeveloped, the menus are all pretty ugly and the fact that it has like a map running in the background does not help in making it feel crisp and fast. CS GO’s UI and menus are all very clear, crisp, and fast. Chiv’s is just too bleh. Maybe someone could make a mod for this? Matching players and teams together based on ranks?

• cs go matchmaking is a joke lol you face bad players even in the highest tiers

but i think an MMR system & ladder with matchmaking would be still pretty cool, especially for duels

g for scrims against real teams if you want a challenge

• It’s nothing new that ranks in this game are a joke. I think the system in CS:GO is still way better than in Chivalry and as long as you play with friends in your team the matchmaking is actually fun

• Chivalry isn’t populated enough for a match making system. It’s hard enough finding servers to play on that aren’t low ranks only. I don’t want to wait 50+ mins for a pub.

If Chiv somehow recovers from 2013’s terrible support and gets more popular again, then I think matchmaking for game modes like LTS and Duel might work. But definitely not for TO/TDM/FFA/KotH. CTF is questionable.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Maybe they should have matchmaking with ranks like in CS GO. THAT would be awesome. You would face people around your skill level more often. However I do think that TBS’s quality of game just kind of turns me off to something like this. The UI in Chiv is just too obviously underdeveloped, the menus are all pretty ugly and the fact that it has like a map running in the background does not help in making it feel crisp and fast. CS GO’s UI and menus are all very clear, crisp, and fast. Chiv’s is just too bleh. Maybe someone could make a mod for this? Matching players and teams together based on ranks?

Rank =/= Skill, I’ve come across some awful rank 50s, also found the occasional good rank 30something.

• i would rather reset my rank to 0, fuck being high rank bullshit scrub

• Y u care about a number in front of someones name so much?

• @gndo:

Rank =/= Skill, I’ve come across some awful rank 50s, also found the occasional good rank 30something.

this is true. im a lowly rank 39 and have beat some 50’s, which i thought would have been hard. and i have been soundly beaten by some level 20’s.