READ FIRST: Known Issues and their Fixes

• List of Issues:

• I see no servers in the server browser! OR: When the server browser starts, my router resets! (And related issues)

• The game crashes or hangs on my computer with a single-core CPU

• My game crashes without any error! (or an error talking about the SHA)

• I can’t open the console! The tilde button is something else on my keyboard!

• I keep turning/moving!

• I was just disconnected from the server and now there are no servers in the server browser.

• The game crashes when I have Teamspeak 3 open.

• I can’t start the game. When I try to start UDK.exe directly, I get an error like “x3daudio1_7.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.”

• The game crashes with “Failed to create the D3D9 Device! This can happen if the desktop is locked. Exiting…”; or the game minimizes and can’t be reopened

• The game will not launch, fails at first loading screen etc.

• I can’t find a fix for my problem here.

I see no servers in the server browser! OR: When the server browser starts, my router resets! (And related issues)

The game crashes or hangs on my computer with a single-core CPU
    The game does not currently support single-core CPUs, hence the minimum requirements including a dual-core CPU.

My game crashes without any error! (or an error talking about the SHA)
    First, right click on Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in your games list and hit properties.
    Then go to Local Files and "Verify Integrity of game cache"
    Try running the game.

If your game still crashes, go to
    My Documents\My Games\ and delete the “Chivalry Medieval Warfare” folder.
    Then try running the game again.

Finally, try launching the executable (UDK.exe, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32 or wherever you installed it) directly. Make sure Steam is running while you do so. If there’s an error about a DLL, proceed to the “I can’t start the game. When I try to start UDK.exe directly,…” problem below.

I can’t open the console! The tilde button is something else on my keyboard!
    Sorry! We’ll introduce an easier way to change this in the menu sometime soon, but in the meantime, go to My Documents\My games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKInput.ini and search for a line that starts with ConsoleKey=####.

You can change #### to whatever key you want it to be. You can see a list of available keys here:
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/KeyBinds.html

I keep turning/moving!
    Please unplug any joysticks/controllers from your computer and try again.

I was just disconnected from the server and now there are no servers in the server browser.
    First try to hit the Refresh button and wait for a couple seconds. If no servers show up, it is most likely an issue with the Steam service having a temporary hiccup. If this is the case, restart Steam and try again. If it still fails, wait a couple minutes and try again. If an extended hiccup happens, we will have updates about it on our forums, Facebook and Twitter

The game crashes when I have Teamspeak 3 open.
    Disable Teamspeak 3’s in-game overlay or close Teamspeak 3 altogether and try again.

I can’t start the game. When I try to start UDK.exe directly, I get an error like "x3daudio1_7.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error."
    This indicates that a DirectX file within Windows has become corrupt. This may be due to any number of things, from an SSD/HDD error, to a RAM error, to a virus, to an errant cosmic ray, to some sort of obscure Windows bug.

Go into C:\Windows\SysWOW64; if that directory doesn’t exist then you’re on 32-bit Windows, so go to C:\Windows\System32. Find X3DAudio1_7.dll (or whatever DLL is affected) and rename it to something else (like X3DAudio1_7-backup.dll).

Rerun C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Redist\UE3Redist.exe, and it should now install a new version of that file.

The game crashes with "“Failed to create the D3D9 Device! This can happen if the desktop is locked. Exiting…”, or the game minimizes and can’t be reopened
    There’s two standard causes for this.

1) The game is trying to start in an unsupported resolution.

Right click on the game in your Steam library. Click “Properties”. Click “Set Launch Options”. Add:

-resx=1280 -resy=720

(replace 1280 and 720 with your desktop resolution’s width / height)

2) Some other software is stealing focus away from the game or otherwise interrupting it as it’s trying to go into fullscreen mode. You should be able to start in windowed mode, however:

To start in “Borderless windowed” mode (spans your entire screen like fullscreen mode does): Right click on the game in your Steam library. Click “Properties”. Click “Set Launch Options”. Add:

-borderless -resx=1280 -resy=720

Replacing 1280 and 720 with your desired resolution’s horizontal and vertical dimensions.

To start in normal windowed mode instead, add:

-windowed

The game will not launch, fails at first loading screen, or other crashing issues not mentioned above

As a general workaround for many issues, try having Steam verify that the game’s files all exist and aren’t corrupt. Right click the game in the Steam library, click Properties, click Local Files, and click Verify Integrity of Game Cache

I can’t find a fix for my problem here.
    Please post your problem in the support forums and someone will help you as soon as possible.
    Please include your computer specs. If you’re here to report a crash, please also go into My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs and attach Launch.log and the most recent unreal-**********.dmp file. Thank you!

• Updated thread with another fix for the no server in server browser