Do you think the Vanguard Greatsword is OP and needs a nerf?

• Sciffer, please do this:

1. Play one round with longsword.
    2. Play one round with greatsword.
    3. Post your experiences.

Thanks.

• @Sciffer:

From this, lets start with dmg. It does no do more dmg. If you read the numbers it does but tell me. Do you kill anything in less hits with gs than you do with ls? No you don’t, that throws that argument out of the window.

Can’t argue with that.

• @Sciffer:

It does no do more dmg. If you read the numbers it does but tell me. Do you kill anything in less hits with gs than you do with ls? No you don’t, that throws that argument out of the window.

Window = blown

• @Rickvs:

Archer.
    1 Greatsword horizontal slash to the head can 1-hit kill an Archer, the Longsword can only do this with it’s overhead.
    It takes 2 Greatsword overheads to a Vanguard’s torso to kill him, 3 with the Longsword.
    After hitting a Man at Arms to the head with an overhead, you can finish him with a fully charged kick. You can’t do this after hitting him once with the Longsword.

I’m assuming different attacks also count. If not, the overheads on each weapon have the same HTK, but thank god the world of Chiv offers different attacks as well.

+1

Sciffer I appreciate the fact you’ve tried to formulate a valid counter argument and have gone through the trouble of comparing the stats on the greatsword and longsword so well done on that front. But as the post qouted above points out, you are wrong to say that the longsword has the same kit to kills as a greatsword. As has been pointed out many times in this thread, the real issue is with the greatsword overhead. Because of its windup it can be unparryable and because of its release it can be delayed exceptionally well. Another issue is perhaps with the stabs release since this can also be dragged insanely. One thing is clear and that is that the greatsword needs to have some small changes. Nobody wants to see it nerfed into the ground but the overhead needs to be less bullshit basically.

• @Kreittis:

Sciffer, please do this:

1. Play one round with longsword.
    2. Play one round with greatsword.
    3. Post your experiences.

Thanks.

How to be MLG pro:

Step 1: Select greatsword vanguard

Step 2: Press “P” on your keyboard

Step 3: Look at the floor at a 90 degree angle

GG you’re now pro, find yourself a clan and get started on your way to MLG.

• @OBI-WAN:

How to be MLG pro:

Step 1: Select greatsword vanguard

Step 2: Press “P” on your keyboard

Step 3: Look at the floor at a 90 degree angle

GG you’re now pro, find yourself a clan and get started on your way to MLG.

Except comp play doesn’t allow for third person…

• How about we stop making any drastic changes to the game balance for once and just stick with what we have.

• gr8 idea bro lets not balance anything ever again

Wait, are you serious?

• @Pilgore:

How about we stop making any drastic changes to the game balance for ones and just stick with what we have.

It really wouldn’t be a drastic change. It would literally just be changing a number or value and then testing it to make sure it works fine.

• Sometimes I can’t tell if someone is using the greatsword or the claymore because the speed is inconsistent. Like the actual attack animation will sometimes be at claymore speed and sometimes at greatsword speed- not counting drags, accelerations or ripostes. Probably a desync issue or something.

• @AngryDave:

Sometimes I can’t tell if someone is using the greatsword or the claymore because the speed is inconsistent. Like the actual attack animation will sometimes be at claymore speed and sometimes at greatsword speed- not counting drags, accelerations or ripostes. Probably a desync issue or something.

Placebo effect. The weapons have the same tracers and the claymore is faster. But you expect it to be faster.

The greatsword’s overhead ripostes do however throw people off.

• Can we get to the Claymore after this topic?

I’m not saying the Claymore is OP, it’s just retarded. Instead of being fast, it skips half of it’s animation’s frames. Not really fair in an unstable game in which players struggle to keep a stable 60+ FPS.
    It feels as if the 2handed sword animations were designed for slow attacks.

• @Kreittis:

gr8 idea bro lets not balance anything ever again

Wait, are you serious?

Maybe “drastic” was overblown but we need to settle on things concerning game/weapon balance and move on to other things. Content like the new TO maps/skins/proper workshop implementation all came too late because the community and TB were too wrapped up in balance changes. I never said to “not balance anything ever again” either. People need to learn to just roll with what we have and accept it as is, constantly changing weapon stats is starting to get aggravating. I’m all for balance, balance is important but I think the game is great as it is now and we and TB should maybe look to other things to improve/add. We’re gonna be stuck in this forever otherwise.

• @Pilgore:

Maybe “drastic” was overblown but we need to settle on things concerning game/weapon balance and move on to other things. Content like the new TO maps/skins/proper workshop implementation all came too late because the community and TB were too wrapped up in balance changes. I never said to “not balance anything ever again” either. People need to learn to just roll with what we have and accept it as is, constantly changing weapon stats is starting to get aggravating. I’m all for balance, balance is important but I think the game is great as it is now and we and TB should maybe look to other things to improve/add. We’re gonna be stuck in this forever otherwise.

If torn banner got it right the first time round we wouldn’t need to keep making changes to the game constantly. Nothing needs to be drastic, we need better optimization so we get a non shit framerate because fps is very important in this game and we need better balance between the classes.
    The true scale of the lack of care chivalry has been given by Torn Banner can be quite clearly seen in the fact that the map exploit bug on stonehill on game modes like team deathmatch and LTS and FFA, is STILL THERE. And has been since this game was RELEASED. along with many other map exploit bugs which I know for a fact have been posted on the bug reports page and still haven’t been fixed. Since. Release.

• @OBI-WAN:

If torn banner got it right the first time round we wouldn’t need to keep making changes to the game constantly. Nothing needs to be drastic, we need better optimization so we get a non shit framerate because fps is very important in this game and we need better balance between the classes.
    The true scale of the lack of care chivalry has been given by Torn Banner can be quite clearly seen in the fact that the map exploit bug on stonehill on game modes like team deathmatch and LTS and FFA, is STILL THERE. And has been since this game was RELEASED. along with many other map exploit bugs which I know for a fact have been posted on the bug reports page and still haven’t been fixed. Since. Release.

Right, like I said. Let’s not drastically change or tinker with weapon/game balance anymore and move on to polishing and new content. All these things you just named are exactly what I was referring to. Polish, new content.

• TBS already took Pilgores polehammer handlehits and now about to nerf GS. WHAT CAN I DO WITHOUT MY CRUTCH WEPS :(

• @Bluebeard:

TBS already took Pilgores polehammer handlehits and now about to nerf GS. WHAT CAN I DO WITHOUT MY CRUTCH WEPS :(

Oh man, polehammer! I haven’t used in in quite a while but handle hitting with that thing was absolutely brutal.

• Ok, so you can one shot archer with horizontal on gs. Does that changes the fact that you can still one shot archer with ls? The horizontal are the easiest to block and it’s hard to get that one hit ko with them, even when I am sure I hit the right spot it still not always one hit kos.

I am not saying that gs does not have bigger dmg than ls, I am saying that it does not matter. It’s only a few points of dmg for each attack and as a guy who tried to prove me wrong pointed out. You really can’t kill anything in less hits with gs. The kick for maa after a overhead? Yeah. thats two hits and go try to kick a good maa, not only they going to be out of reach but kill you instead. You can’t kick fast enough after you just finished a hit. If you still decide finish him with kick, that maa might kill you faster than you can pull that kick off. You can kill vanguard with two hits of gs but you still can kill them with two hits of ls… I really don’t get what was that post supposed to prove by saying exactly what I stated, that you can kill anything in as many hits with ls as you can with gs. Turning it around does not make it less of a truth. I two shot vanguards with ls just as easy as I two shot them with gs. You land that overhead to the head almost every time since well, it’s an overhead. After that you can finish them with any other ls hit. Same goes for knights.

The only thing you could change in gs without messing up the balance of vanguard swords is combo times but once you do that ls has better combo times for every attack.

• Nerf longsword.

• @dudeface:

Nerf longsword.

^ lost all credibility on the forums with two words