Do you think the Vanguard Greatsword is OP and needs a nerf?

• @lemonater47:

How do you cope with a claymore then?

I really don’t understand the point you’re trying to make here. The claymore lookdown riposte overhead is not as bad as greatsword not to mention the fact it does way less damage anyway.

• @Flippy:

Do you get less than 20 fps? If you don’t there’s really no excuse for that. It’s super easy to see whether or not it’s a riposte a parry accordingly.

Like I said, on some weapons like the greatsword, the riposte overhead is so quick that you have to virtually assume they are going to do it. I don’t see the animation of the riposte overhead until it is too late if they’re in facehug range. Even if I did, other aspects would come in to play such as server lag, client-side lag, fps drop, input lag etc all in the space of a millisecond.

• I wonder how many of the 13 people that voted “No, its fine” main the greatsword ingame lol.

• i dunno but they do seem to pwn my a lot with their combos. Maybe its why i did so good when i first started playing, once i unlocked claymore i havent used it since, but maybe i should :P

• Like I said, on some weapons like the greatsword, the riposte overhead is so quick that you have to virtually assume they are going to do it.

Virtually assume? You’re the only person I’ve heard every say that they had to, “virtually assume” a riposte was going to hit them. You sound like you’re just making up stuff to support your idea that the GS needs to be nerfed.

I really don’t understand the point you’re trying to make here. The claymore lookdown riposte overhead is not as bad as greatsword not to mention the fact it does way less damage anyway.

And now I know you’re making stuff up because the Claymore is completely faster than the GS especially in a riposte.

• @Flippy:

Virtually assume? You’re the only person I’ve heard every say that they had to, “virtually assume” a riposte was going to hit them. You sound like you’re just making up stuff to support your idea that the GS needs to be nerfed.

And now I know you’re making stuff up because the Claymore is completely faster than the GS especially in a riposte.

Claymore riposte are about the same as greatsword ripostes. I literally have just alt and tabbed from a game where I traded look down ripostes with a greatsword vanguard. We both had a long streak of parrying them. What I mean is that if the vanguard is in facehug range, the greatsword riposte is often unparryable for me. I’m not making anything up to support my argument. I don’t really need to. Look at the poll for yourself. It is clear the majority of people think it is unbalanced.

• I think what make it a bit to strong overall is the ability to combo any attack very fast, this give a lot of possibilities with the reach, i don’t find the weapon so hard to fight against otherwise, OH is fast yes but this very rarely connect, all attack are blockable and feints on this weapon are actually readable, no bullshit, the sow is way more powerful than this weapon.

• @Flippy:

Do you get less than 20 fps? If you don’t there’s really no excuse for that. It’s super easy to see whether or not it’s a riposte a parry accordingly.

When my fps drops to around 40-50 ripostes become lotto for me with certain weapons which is sad.
    Darkforest and stoneshill 24/7 please.

• Of course flippy is arguing that the greatsword isnt op, the entirety of tempest uses extremely OP weapons, greatsword included, as well as a couple brandifags, last couple times i scrimmed them at least.

Actually last time i checked the entire competitive meta is greatsword, brandistock, rarely any significant plays from a knight player (usually using a messer), and some annoying ADD addled child hopped up on red bull and Mtn Dew playing MAA and chucking firepots constantly. At least the firepot part isnt so bad now that they fixed the super annoying flinch it had.

Am i still correct today?

• @Psyfon:

Of course flippy is arguing that the greatsword isnt op, the entirety of tempest uses extremely OP weapons, greatsword included, as well as a couple brandifags, last couple times i scrimmed them at least.

Actually last time i checked the entire competitive meta is greatsword, brandistock, rarely any significant plays from a knight player (usually using a messer), and some annoying ADD addled child hopped up on red bull and Mtn Dew playing MAA and chucking firepots constantly. At least the firepot part isnt so bad now that they fixed the super annoying flinch it had.

Thank god I’m not the only one who thinks all of this. Thought I was turning to the dark side for a bit there.

• @Psyfon:

Of course flippy is arguing that the greatsword isnt op, the entirety of tempest uses extremely OP weapons, greatsword included, as well as a couple brandifags, last couple times i scrimmed them at least.

Just let him argue against it even though we all know the answer already, no need to start talking about their clan in that manner over just a disagreement for balance changes.

What changes I would suggest is, slow down Greatsword and revert Claymore back to old state.

• @Flippy:

Nice try trying to get away with exaggeration, the claymores OH windup is 0.475 and the greatswords is 0.5

…_Wooooowwww SO MUCH FASTER
    _
    Yet the GS has much longer reach, a 0.15 longer release time, can 2 shot a vanguard, can headshot and strong kick (or two short kick) a MAA, and one shot an archer. GG flippy good arguments meng

• @Psyfon:

Nice try trying to get away with exaggeration, the claymores OH windup is 0.475 and the greatswords is 0.5

…_Wooooowwww SO MUCH FASTER
    _
    Yet the GS has much longer reach, a 0.15 longer release time, can 2 shot a vanguard, can headshot and strong kick (or two short kick) a MAA, and one shot an archer. GG flippy good arguments meng

STOP IS PSYFON YOU’RE MAKING TOO MUCH SENSE!!

• Uhh oh windup up a tad stab release down a tad. Van weapons should be strong as many have said since they’re easier to kill. Don’t nerf it so hard.

• @Psyfon:

Sweet generalizations. Glad to know flippy speaks for all tempest and only his ilk use the xtreme OP spliot weapons, dishonorable feinters

• @swagfox:

Uhh oh windup up a tad stab release down a tad. Van weapons should be strong as many have said since they’re easier to kill. Don’t nerf it so hard.

Thanx for that mr griefer…

• I remember when people thought Claymore was OP after its change, when GS has always been far better.

• Of course flippy is arguing that the greatsword isnt op, the entirety of tempest uses extremely OP weapons, greatsword included, as well as a couple brandifags, last couple times i scrimmed them at least.

I don’t think you read anything that I said. I said that the overhead’s windup should just be increased slightly to make up for the super fast overheads, but otherwise it doesn’t need any more nerfs because it would then be underpowered and likely completely fall out of the meta. I didn’t say the GS wasn’t OP a single time. Also good job on generalizing an entire clan, if you have a problem with Tempest you can talk to me in PM about it because I don’t even know who you are.

…Wooooowwww SO MUCH FASTER

Obi Wan said that the riposte overhead on the claymore was easier to parry than the greatsword’s which makes zero sense because the Claymore is a whole heck of a lot faster. I don’t understand what you’re being so salty about.

• I thought tobi quit chiv again?

• I aways fall for the supersonic overhead, but maybe thats just me failling to adapt. So I’m not sure.

I don’t really think it’s an easy mode weapon, a lot of noobs get rekt when using GS, but brandistock… this is the most ultragerous weapon in this game. Everyone with a brain can do absolutely fine with brandistock on lvl 20. It was the first weapon that I got a shitload of kills with, all you have to do is feint and slash, or feint the slash. But maybe thats just me failling to adapt. So I’m not sure.