Do you think that Archers should be nerfed?

• Pebbles archers are funny tbh, unless they hit me in the head, then its not funny at all.

Ok it still a bit funny, so I say remove all archer weapons and leave only slings, thats b0lonce

• Crazy idea: allow archers to parry with their bows once, however doing so breaks the weapon and leaves it unusable.

Also reduce ammo count by 50%, and increase cooldown on ammo boxes. Archers should be punished for missing :v

Also remove javelins because lolflinch+shield

Indirectly buffs pebble throwers, notevenmad.exe

• WTF, why is that backwards? It should be reverse and encourage the archer to have risks and be closer to their targets for more damage. If any Archer nerf happened, I would hope its to their javelins, and not their bows. Or even adjust (wouldn’t want it nerfed) their melee weapons.

• This is a dead horse. TBS will not balance this class as they are working on their new title as well as the recent crossover stuff. MERCs mod is the closest you will get to an archer balance and they still didnt do it right but it is better than vanilla.
    Archer Balance - nerfs+buffs**
    Keep MERCs archers arrow nerf and add arrow flinch
    Allow archer kick while holding a bow
    Allow sprint reload and shooting (except X-bow)
    Resize Jav shield protection bubble to accurately represent the visual shield size (that bubble is almost 2x the size of the model size)
    Add stamina drain for reloading bows and Javs. Drain divided by number of arrows javs, extended drain the longer it is held. Stam regen between arrows increased.
    Archers should only 1 shot half the classes those being Archers and MAA
    All heavy weapons should 1 shot archers in torso.
    Archers should be 1 shot if hit from behind. (if you flank an archer from behind there should be a reward)
    10% damage on successful parry of heavy weapons - no more free parry ripost spam.

This buffs and nerfs archers, basically a balance to force them into more of a ranged support role and not the sniper spam melee kings that they are.

• People are in denial methinks.

This thread is from over a year ago.
    Archers were obviously OP / anti-fun then and there’s hardly a difference now.

Not sure what you guys are expecting after 35 pages of nothing.

• @Rickvs:

People are in denial methinks.

This thread is from over a year ago.
    Archers were obviously OP / anti-fun then and there’s hardly a difference now.

Not sure what you guys are expecting after 35 pages of nothing.

Thread was necro’d in remembrance of the great archer buff of 2014. RIP warbow broads, lest we forget.

• yes……

• Global Moderator

@LTTLWLF:

Thread was necro’d in remembrance of the great archer buff of 2014. RIP warbow broads, lest we forget.

The great archer buff. The best thing that could of happened

• Global Moderator

@LTTLWLF:

The great archer buff. The best thing that could of happened

• I’m surprised that all of you veteran players are still gagging for archer nurfs. I never had a problem with them. The other classes have always had their own ways of circumventing archers….

• @OBI-WAN:

The Greatsword thread is going fairly well and a good amount of people have voted so I thought I’d make a thread about archers since I’ve been seeing a lot of people saying they should be nerfed.

I think they have too much damage overall personally. In age of chivalry if I can remember right, your arrows did more damage if they hit a target from a longer distance away, and they did less damage the closer the target was. This is good because it encourages you to stay at range. I think that you would also take damage from parrying large 2 handed weapons which is also good because it encourages you to stay at range, where you should be as an archer I think. An archer should be no match for a vanguard or knight or even man at arms in close range and yet they kind of are.

I think these were both good mechanics that could work in chivalry but this is all of course just my OPINION. Vote in the poll and let me know what you guys think about archers in this thread.
    What are your reasons for/against an archer nerf?

You say your previous thread is going well and but, as optimistic as I am, I still have to admit that despite you speaking of this with high hopes I really do not expect TBS to make any changes to chivalry based on any threads made by anyone. But hey, 3 years lafter the games release removed first hit flinch whilst still overlooking bullshit like vanguard charges, ridiculous turnspeed caps and various other things that people actually wanted changed. So what can you expect from TBS eh? If you ask me, nothing good. Unless you like paying more money to a dead game to wear a silly looking cosmetic item.

• In my opninion. They are balanced. They shoot you from half way across the map. It is an “archer” for a fekin reason. How is archery looked down upon when some one can perform a bol0nced m0l drag and one hit you? The drags take even less skill.

I don’t see how some one shooting you is looked down upon when it is playing a ranged class. Something it is supposed to do. Or some vanguard de syncing through your parry with a zwei hander.

“Archers are too quick”

Nein, heard of a secondary? I mean you may even pop in a quick feint to slay the archer. They are running away? Your own throwables? Chase mechanic?!?!?

People are annoyed of dying and this is a ripe source. They say “I would have been so epic there if that fekin archer didn’t shoot me” People are making excuses for them dying and want a self contained epic moment wrecking noobs CoughFree User Cough

Any nerf to archers would destroy the class. Some people main it you know? That is like Torn Banner nerfing knights because they are “annoying” and do too much “damage”

BUT HARULD. KN0IGHT SUPPOSED 2 DO DAT.

Well. A fucking heavy Bolt travelling at like 20mph going straight in your head. :/

Case closed.

• @King:

In my opninion. They are balanced. They shoot you from half way across the map. It is an “archer” for a fekin reason. How is archery looked down upon when some one can perform a bol0nced m0l drag and one hit you? The drags take even less skill.

I don’t see how some one shooting you is looked down upon when it is playing a ranged class. Something it is supposed to do. Or some vanguard de syncing through your parry with a zwei hander.

“Archers are too quick”

Nein, heard of a secondary? I mean you may even pop in a quick feint to slay the archer. They are running away? Your own throwables? Chase mechanic?!?!?

People are annoyed of dying and this is a ripe source. They say “I would have been so epic there if that fekin archer didn’t shoot me” People are making excuses for them dying and want a self contained epic moment wrecking noobs CoughFree User Cough

Any nerf to archers would destroy the class. Some people main it you know? That is like Torn Banner nerfing knights because they are “annoying” and do too much “damage”

BUT HARULD. KN0IGHT SUPPOSED 2 DO DAT.

Well. A fucking heavy Bolt travelling at like 20mph going straight in your head. :/

Case closed.

Btw i main maa. Something that is squishy to archers. I still don’t mind them.

• Global Moderator

buff, one shot kill everything, plus able to parry with the bow, also kick and speed draw

• Should be able to draw while kicking too.

• @King:

Btw i main maa. Something that is squishy to archers. I still don’t mind them.

To add:

-Javelin players can block arrows / bolts with their shield and 1-shot with javelins in return
    -knights have shields and some of the best weapons to roflpown archers
    -van guards have that strange item called ‘smoke grenade’ and also 1 shot archers
    -maa have a shield and can dodge.

That really sums it up; archers have an up hill battle really. Theres a lot more to archery than it might first appear. Yes you can get a lucky shot off but against a player that thinks and uses their own class effectively its all of a sudden MUCH MORE DIFFICULT.

A good tradesman never blames his tools.

• Why do people have to use shields just because some asshole wants to shoot mauls at them across the map?
    Smoke pots are as useful as throwing leaves at your opponents, especially when the particles can be removed and shit.
    Arrows and other projectiles DO NOT travel the same way for the person who shoots them as for the other players, an arrow can land 2 meters in front of you and still deal damage, it can fly to the side of you and you still take damage, you can duck underneath it and get an arrow penetrating your head.

Archer is by far the easiest class in game, low risk & high reward, shoot a vanguard once? Might as well just stab him, if he doesn’t CFtP, he’s dead, same with MAAs, same with knights depending on the weapon and where you hit.

• Global Moderator

The “why do I have to use a shield” is a dumb argument really. The “why do I have to do this” argument can be used for many things in the game.

Still ain’t the easiest class in the game. Just look at the scoreboard every game.

• Archers are fine. People always cry about archers and MAAs and regard knights as the only perfect class - bullshit. A messer always kills an archer in 1 hit and often an MAA while being very fast. That should be nerfed. The same goes for claymores.

• Just look at the scoreboard every game

Indeed. Vanguards and knights dominate this game.