Do you think that Archers should be nerfed?

• Maybe you have shitty archers in Australia?

• @lemonater47:

Ive never seen an archer kill 3 people in 3 seconds while doing the objective and carrying te entire team.

Come over here and see skillz or keepcalm or bigs or korr or so many “good” archers…

• @lemonater47:

You might be ever so slightly biased against archers. Just slightly.

you might be ever so slightly balanced towards archers…

• So much for their Opness in melee…

• Worst thing about the game and always have been. The playerbase would be twice what it is if they’d been reigned in months ago.

• Yeah, we should not allow any hindrance in order to keep player into the game.

• @Mouchoirsky:

I never witnessed a good archer flipping the outcome of a melee skirmish like a good Vanguard or Knight.

I have 1700 hours in this game and I’ve been in one of the best competitive clans in Europe for over a year with match winrate over 90% + we won last two 5v5 TO tournaments. I’m not saying all that to brag, just trying to prove that I know what I’m talking about.

From my experience archer is biggest game changer and carry there is, bigger than any knight, any maa or any vanguard.

Lets say you have a choice to pick one player: a great archer, a great vanguard, a great vanguard or a great knight. You WILL always want to pick amazing archer because they have GIGANTIC impact on your team. Great archers is what makes and breaks teams, great archer can carry mediocre teams despite their clear lack of skill in melee.

LTS is unplayable and not fun with good players because it’s ALWAYS decided by archer. Every match, even TO is decided by archers unless you outplay your enemy so much (when you shouldn’t have to) and the only way to counter an archer is to have great archer in your team as well.

@lemonater47:

Ive never seen an archer kill 3 people in 3 seconds while doing the objective and carrying te entire team.

Because all archer have to do is to kill one person BEFORE engagement happens and the fight is already won for his team.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I have 1700 hours in this game and I’ve been in one of the best competitive clans in Europe for over a year with match winrate over 90% + we won last two 5v5 TO tournaments. I’m not saying all that to brag, just trying to prove that I know what I’m talking about.

From my experience archer is biggest game changer and carry there is, bigger than any knight, any maa or any vanguard.

Lets say you have a choice to pick one player: a great archer, a great vanguard, a great vanguard or a great knight. You WILL always want to pick amazing archer because they have GIGANTIC impact on your team. Great archers is what makes and breaks teams, great archer can carry mediocre teams despite their clear lack of skill in melee.

LTS is unplayable and not fun with good players because it’s ALWAYS decided by archer. Every match, even TO is decided by archers unless you outplay your enemy so much (when you shouldn’t have to) and the only way to counter an archer is to have great archer in your team as well.

Because all archer have to do is to kill one person BEFORE engagement happens and the fight is already won for his team.

You only have to play chiv for a couple of hundred hours to really understand everything. I know just as much now as I knew 400 hours back. It really makes no difference.

90% of my ingame playtime has been spent in LTS and while I do agree archers are overpowered, I don’t agree that they have THAT much impact on a game. Perhaps in a 5v5 “competitive” game but that isn’t what the games balance is or should be based around. In my experience, archers can be very annoying but it isn’t often that they are able to change the outcome of an LTS game completely on their own. I’ve played in LTS games where half the team protects the archers like a private retinue of hired guards. But you can still win against it. Granted it is more difficult than it should be but I don’t think it is anywhere near as game changing as you think it is.

• @OBI-WAN:

Perhaps in a 5v5 “competitive” game but that isn’t what the games balance is or should be based around.

Around what is it supposed to be based around then?
    You balance game around competitive play - it’s balanced for everyone.
    You balance game around pubs - it’s balanced only for casual average players.

You only have to play chiv for a couple of hundred hours to really understand everything. I know just as much now as I knew 400 hours back. It really makes no difference.

You can play this game in pubs for 3000 hours like WARSAW and be clueless. It’s all about competitive experience.

I’ve played in LTS games where half the team protects the archers like a private retinue of hired guards. But you can still win against it. Granted it is more difficult than it should be but I don’t think it is anywhere near as game changing as you think it is.

You can only win against a better archer only if your team GREATLY outskill enemy team. Is it how you want archers to work in Chivalry? In a game that is advertised as melee mostly game and where 3/4 classes are melee?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

You can play this game in pubs for 3000 hours like WARSAW and be clueless. It’s all about competitive experience.

You can only win against a better archer only if your team GREATLY outskill enemy team. Is it how you want archers to work in Chivalry? In a game that is advertised as melee mostly game and where 3/4 classes are melee?

Yeah but in 16v16 archers don’t dominate. Too many archers and that team with the archers loses. Which sorta proves wrong your balance being based around comp or pub. Looking at the scoreboard proves you wrong too. Ask a bunch of casuals what they hate more archers or feints and its feints.

One player any any class can change the outcome of any battle. The only difference is that the archer does it in a way that isn’t honourable. Doesn’t make him OP.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

The game should be balanced around 32 players not 10.
    And I’ve helped carry a crappy low rank team against a stacked team with good archers before, it isn’t unheard of.
    I am all for an archer nerf but don’t nerf the shit out of them to the point that they are useless. Archers have their place in Chivalry just as archers had their place in Age of Chivalry. If you don’t want to play with archers then host your own server and restrict the class to 0. I have more trouble against a good man at arms than I do a good archer.

• @OBI-WAN:

The game should be balanced around 32 players not 10.

Number of players is irrelevant. You think archer effectiveness decrease with bigger amount of players? Archer is gonna be as strong in competitive skilled players environment in 5v5, 8vs8 or 16vs16 matches.

@OBI-WAN:

And I’ve helped carry a crappy low rank team against a stacked team with good archers before, it isn’t unheard of.

“I ONCE CARRIED A TEAM AGAINST GOOD ARCHERS, THEREFORE THIS PROVES I’M RIGHT” - that’s how you sound. Stop please.

@OBI-WAN:

I am all for an archer nerf but don’t nerf the shit out of them to the point that they are useless. Archers have their place in Chivalry just as archers had their place in Age of Chivalry.

Archers should be nerfed so they can fulfil a role of support and not carry above all melee. I’m not saying we should nerf them to to the ground.

@OBI-WAN:

If you don’t want to play with archers

And where did I say that?

@OBI-WAN:

I have more trouble against a good man at arms than I do a good archer.

So… what?

• Seen my fair share of 16v16 archer domination, certainly before the 4 archer limit, and to a lesser extent after.
    Naturally the impact of any given archer is diminished somewhat with such player numbers, but if it’s even worse for scims then I feel badly for the comp community. In any case, I’ve always been of the opinion that 5v5 is kinda on the low side, player-wise. Do you guys often scrim 8v8 too or what?

• @lemonater47:

Looking at the scoreboard proves you wrong too. Ask a bunch of casuals what they hate more archers or feints and its feints.

I asked this today in official TO server and the answer was “archers”. Maybe you guys there in Oceania region hate feints more but that isn’t the case over here.

• @dudeface:

Seen my fair share of 16v16 archer domination, certainly before the 4 archer limit, and to a lesser extent after.
    Naturally the impact of any given archer is diminished somewhat with such player numbers, but if it’s even worse for scims then I feel badly for the comp community. In any case, I’ve always been of the opinion that 5v5 is kinda on the low side, player-wise. Do you guys often scrim 8v8 too or what?

It’s not really worse, it’s exactly the same. It doesn’t matter if you’re playing 5v5 and archer kills one of your teammates before engagement or if you’re playing 10v10 and two archers kill two of your teammates.
    If both teams have players that already reached high skill ceiling (good players on both teams) then it’s IMPOSSIBLE for the team with casualties caused by archer to next win teamfight so they are either left with a choice to:
    a) yolorush in and try to get few pushes on cart/ram whatever
    b) regroup

Pub players can’t see how ridiculous it’s because most of them aren’t great players. Lets take claymore and bearded axe for example. These weapons are barely ever used in serious scrims, yet casual players hate them to that point that due to their whine TB nerfed bearded axe. Now look around you, who’s still using bearded axe?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Number of players is irrelevant. You think archer effectiveness decrease with bigger amount of players? Archer is gonna be as strong in competitive skilled players environment in 5v5, 8vs8 or 16vs16 matches.

“I ONCE CARRIED A TEAM AGAINST GOOD ARCHERS, THEREFORE THIS PROVES I’M RIGHT” - that’s how you sound. Stop please.

Archers should be nerfed so they can fulfil a role of support and not carry above all melee. I’m not saying we should nerf them to to the ground.

And where did I say that?

So… what?

I HAVE 1700 HOURS IN THIS GAME I AM IN DA BEST CLAN IN DA GAME IN EU WIV A WINRATE OF 99.999%!! WE WON 2 5V5 TO TOURNAMENTS BUT OF COURSE!!! IM NOT SAYING ALL OF THIS TO BRAG!?!?!?! IM JUST SAYING IT TO PROVE I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT AND THAT MY OPINION ON THE GAME IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN URS AND FAR OUTSHINES ANYTHING U CUD EVER SAY! IM RIGHT UR WRONG : (((("

That is how you sound. Please. Stop.

Number of players IS relevant. Torn banner would have to redesign the maps if they balanced the game around 5v5 instead of 16v16. In competitive play on stonehill on the last objective as defenders, you can push out into the courtyard and effectively create 2 waves for the masons to fight so by the time they reach the king, they’re already injured and you’ve spawned again to fight them assuming they didn’t die to the first wave. I’m not sure if this is still a thing but I remember it being pretty cheesey. This sort of thing doesn’t work in pub servers because nobody is coordinated and because of the TK damage spawn modifier which is probably why Crushed wants the option to remove it, at least for competitive play.
    Just an example.

• “Game should be balanced around 32 players”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p04GrsVUpUI

Besides, even in pub play, archers have the highest capacity to screw players of all classes.

• @OBI-WAN:

I HAVE 1700 HOURS IN THIS GAME I AM IN DA BEST CLAN IN DA GAME IN EU WIV A WINRATE OF 99.999%!! WE WON 2 5V5 TO TOURNAMENTS BUT OF COURSE!!! IM NOT SAYING ALL OF THIS TO BRAG!?!?!?! IM JUST SAYING IT TO PROVE I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT AND THAT MY OPINION ON THE GAME IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN URS AND FAR OUTSHINES ANYTHING U CUD EVER SAY! IM RIGHT UR WRONG : (((("

That is how you sound. Please. Stop.

Except competitive experience is actually valuable thing when it comes to discussing balance.

@OBI-WAN:

Torn banner would have to redesign the maps if they balanced the game around 5v5 instead of 16v16. In competitive play on stonehill on the last objective as defenders, you can push out into the courtyard and effectively create 2 waves for the masons to fight so by the time they reach the king, they’re already injured and you’ve spawned again to fight them assuming they didn’t die to the first wave. I’m not sure if this is still a thing but I remember it being pretty cheesey. This sort of thing doesn’t work in pub servers because nobody is coordinated and because of the TK damage spawn modifier which is probably why Crushed wants the option to remove it, at least for competitive play.

Gather 32 competitive players and you can do same tactic in 16vs16 competitive match lol. Last objective is poorly balanced from competitive and pub side.
    In competitive stoneshill you get two waves of opponents before you get to the king but in public games you respawn in waves and never regroup.
    That’s why mason spawn should be moved further on stoneshill and boom - competitive & pub players are both happy.

@OBI-WAN:

Number of players IS relevant.

It’s not really worse, it’s exactly the same. It doesn’t matter if you’re playing 5v5 and archer kills one of your teammates before engagement or if you’re playing 10v10 and two archers kill two of your teammates.
    If both teams have players that already reached high skill ceiling (good players on both teams) then it’s IMPOSSIBLE for the team with casualties caused by archer to next win teamfight so they are either left with a choice to:
    a) yolorush in and try to get few pushes on cart/ram whatever
    b) regroup

• Do you actually play the game??? This isn’t what happens. While it all sounds good in your head it isn’t what happens in game.

• I think we should buff archer damage and give them sprint during bow draw back.