What is Flinch?

• I read often the term “Flinch” and it should be fixed. What exactly is Flinch?

• When you’re winding up an attack, before the swing starts, you take damage and it interrupts your attack, or “flinches” you, putting you into “recovery”, where all you can do is parry.

• in my opinion, some weapons should not flinch, like some of the smaller faster blades.
    Think I’m going not not swing my f***n maul at you because you stab me with a tooth pick? That’s some BS.
    I’d like to see that in a real life fight.
    I haven’t seen a single person on the duel servers using a maul, so obviously there needs to be some balancing here.

• Isn’t it also the term used for the time it takes before you can hit again after being struck? From the Patch 21 notes:

Reduce 2H flinch time to 0.8

I took this to mean that, and is in my opinion the worst thing to happen since they lost the knowledge to make sliced bread. Remember that? That was awful. Dark days.

Anyway it’s why the game has become so goddamn spammy over the last few months.

• Chiv, which duel servers? I’m on Lg a lot, plenty of maul-mashers there.

• in my opinion, some weapons should not flinch, like some of the smaller faster blades.

• hahaha… flinch is important for a game balance as long as it WORKS and doesn’t fuk up a lot (flinch in release comes to mind)

• Flinch is something that happens when it shouldn’t and not when it should.

• @dudeface:

Flinch is something that happens when it shouldn’t and not when it should.

If either of you have ping of more than 70 and/or you are playing on a laggy ass official multiplay server then yes…

• If you ever flinch while on the mound then it’s considered a balk.

• @Albatross8:

If you ever flinch while on the mound then it’s considered a balk.

Is this a euphemism?

• @chivalryinterested:

in my opinion, some weapons should not flinch, like some of the smaller faster blades.
    Think I’m going not not swing my f***n maul at you because you stab me with a tooth pick? That’s some BS.
    I’d like to see that in a real life fight.
    I haven’t seen a single person on the duel servers using a maul, so obviously there needs to be some balancing here.

The reason you think this way is because of flinch in release. In real life, when you’re winding up your maul, it’s not already gathered enough momentum to hit the other guy. In release, the maul is SUPPOSED to still follow through, but flinch in release happens a shit ton with the maul. You are just seeing a bug that causes these problems. The removal of flinch will not make this work better.

You failed, btw. You made a realism analogy as a supportive statement to your point, which is completely invalid because this is a game, and you also added in an argumentum ad populum. Just because not everyone uses it doesn’t mean it’s bad or anything is super wrong.

pls try harder

• @gndo:

Is this a euphemism?

Don’t balk with me boy.

• @JimmyTryhard:

The reason you think this way is because of flinch in release. In real life, when you’re winding up your maul, it’s not already gathered enough momentum to hit the other guy. In release, the maul is SUPPOSED to still follow through, but flinch in release happens a shit ton with the maul. You are just seeing a bug that causes these problems. The removal of flinch will not make this work better.

You failed, btw. You made a realism analogy as a supportive statement to your point, which is completely invalid because this is a game, and you also added in an argumentum ad populum. Just because not everyone uses it doesn’t mean it’s bad or anything is super wrong.

pls try harder

B-but m-muh realism!

• @Terminally:

B-but m-muh realism!

If you want realism then go invent a time machine and go back into the past and fight for real. It’s the most authentic.

• @Albatross8:

If you want realism then go invent a time machine and go back into the past and fight for real. It’s the most authentic.

And take guns back with you so you can get the definitive medieval experience.

• @gndo:

And take guns back with you so you can get the definitive medieval experience.

Fo sure. Guns were around during late medieval times so it’s all accurate.

• @Albatross8:

Fo sure. Guns were around during late medieval times so it’s all accurate.

the guns of the time werent

• Historically accurate, not targeting.

I still want my repeating crossbow though.

• you chinese communist