How to get Developers to read your post!

• Developer

Give effective/efficient Feedback

We actually read our forums, and take community discussion very seriously. We know that at the end of the day if our fanbase is happy, everything else will fall into place. We are often discussing things as a team that the community is saying! We want to listen to all of your feedback, but it is incredibly difficult to do that without structure, so here is some hopefully clear advice on how you can really help us improve the game and make it easier for us to respond to your feedback.

State your idea/suggestion/tweak as clearly as you can, as shortly as you can. There is few communication skills more important than brevity. Be brief, be clear and be respectful- this is the key to writing a great post that the developers respond well to.

Also, here are some great first steps when joining the community:

We also really appreciate it when topics which have had a lot of back and forth discussion get summarized at the end with thoughts and various perspectives. This allows us to get the general feel for the conversation that took place without having to read as much. If original posters could make a habit of summarizing the discussion and adding [Summarized] to the topic title, we would really appreciate it!

Be a Community Hero!

Pass along all information you know to others ingame and on the forums when they ask! This does two things, 1. it makes you awesome, 2. it makes our community awesome, which in turn makes the game experience better for you!

So be awesome to other people, help out, we’re all learning, have fun, give us some feedback and enjoy!

• I must say i am really impressed whit how the DEV team is in contact whit players, i must say that this game and this DEV team is one of the best i have seen, pulling out a great game whit really little bugs, great communications and great developing skills.

Keep up the good work!

• These days I lack a bit of laconism . OK , will put more efforts to be .

• i dont know about few bugs…
    but yea good job loving the game, its impossibly hard with MAA

• Udk.exe

• Hello,
    i love your game Chivalry but i have to honestly say that the Vanguard class is very ‘OP’. especially with the range and speed it makes it very hard fight, just wanted to post hope you consider nerfing the class at least a little bit.

Thanks Chivalry lover. :D

• It is a little bit sad that developers appear more frequently in treads dedicated to bugs and horses than in balance and new ideas treads. There some interesting ideas waiting to be evaluated on this forum. I think I am not only one who waits at least brief comment on ideas we propose here.

• Developer

I think that shows you where the mindset of the developers are currently though. Right now we’re working on our first big patch, so at the forefront of our minds is getting the game to play better and run smoother for as many people as possible. Once we get that out of the way, we will begin to put more emphasis on the ideas and suggestions as those will then become the priority.

So we’re not ignoring you, just that we have a primary focus of smoothing out the game and polishing it up more before we focus our attention and efforts on additional ideas and suggestions.

• This is completely understandable. I am (and everyone else on the forum I think) are glad that you pay so much attention to pleas of fanbase.

• Sometimes it is not possible to type short posts .

• @SneakyMango:

Hello,
    i love your game Chivalry but i have to honestly say that the Vanguard class is very ‘OP’. especially with the range and speed it makes it very hard fight, just wanted to post hope you consider nerfing the class at least a little bit.

Thanks Chivalry lover. :D

Deal with it and learn to compensate. Also, try posting on something other than this thread.

• I am real curious to find out what you think of this idea I have for maybe the next big game for you guys. Hopefully with all my ideas I’ll work in the business but for now here ya go :D

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8507

• Just one question, is there going to be more servers opening up because i can never join a game due to every one of them being either full or empty.

• @OneAckJack:

Just one question, is there going to be more servers opening up because i can never join a game due to every one of them being either full or empty.

The devs can’t tell that, can they? Maybe if they open up more Official servers. But it’s impossible to gauge how many people will open up their own servers. Just keep looking.

• @OneAckJack:

Just one question, is there going to be more servers opening up because i can never join a game due to every one of them being either full or empty.

I think that was the sheer amount of people playing during the free weekend. I had the same issue during Saturday and Sunday.

• Could we get a message from someone to know whether a thread has been red by a dev? I’m not asking for something long or even deep, just a short notice so I’m not wondering anymore about what is up and I don’t bump threads just for the sake of it.

Also thanks for reading us =)

• @Asmon:

Could we get a message from someone to know whether a thread has been red by a dev? I’m not asking for something long or even deep, just a short notice so I’m not wondering anymore about what is up and I don’t bump threads just for the sake of it.

You want a dev to spend their day posts I read it posts to every thread. Should they post a followup if the thread increases in size? Don’t you think they should be doing some work instead?

And I am sure they have read most of the contentious threads that do not have a stupid subject title. And no they have not read about the singapore servers being down.

• @Asmon:

Could we get a message from someone to know whether a thread has been red by a dev? I’m not asking for something long or even deep, just a short notice so I’m not wondering anymore about what is up and I don’t bump threads just for the sake of it.

I read everything on the forums and respond when I feel it’s necessary.

• To answer you elitenoob, I’m not thinking about an actual post for a dev, I’d rather like some kind of icon or picture that would automatically appear after a dev has clicked the thread. It’s just something that could be implemented on the forum. It would be especially relevant for an Idea and suggestions section.

Now if Slygoat tells me he reads everything I’ll go with him; thank you sir.

• Sounds like too much work.

Devs DO read the forums, no worries about that. Doesn’t mean they will respond though. I’d rather them read the issues at hand and then go work on them, then stop what their doing to answer every single post that’s complaining about something.