Should frontal chase mechanic return?

• I never really saw the point of removing it in the first place, and having MaAs backpedal faster than Knights can sprint is absurd.

Thoughts?

• Sure why not bring it back, BUT NOT FOR MAA OR IF WE DO THEN REDUCE MAA FOWARD SPRINT SPEED… like put maa foward sprint speed BACK to how it was before…

• no raisin for it to have been removed

it was very good for darting in for stabs for all classes

• The idea of only chasing at someone’s back is OK in theory, but it hasn’t worked yet. Front chase should at least be reinstated until it does.

• and having MaAs backpedal faster than Knights can sprint is absurd.

Yes but make sure to not be drunk next time you make a thread, knight start sprint is 235, total sprint is 295 and the backpedal of maa is 178 ……

No anyway, this fuking break the whole balance, what’s the purpose of having fixed speed for each class if the slowest class can become the fastest at some moment, deal with it, this chasing system give random no sense acceleration and make the game feel inconsistent.

Thoughts?

Hum, git gud NA scrub, thats my thoughts.

• Yes, but only for MAA.

huehue.

• Knight only lol, dumb poll.

• Global Moderator

Chase mechanic is for chasing people. That’s what it is for. Knights sprint way faster than any class back peddles.

• Knight only prease.

• chase mech stilll doesn’t work properly, it’d be nice to have forward chase for knight, but it would be nice to have chase mech work period.

• I have nothing against testing it out in a beta and waiting for a solid and resounding feedback on it. Adding it in for knight only would be unfair but at the same time adding it in for maa would make them extremely fast, not sure how i feel about this.

Back in the day when front chase was in, footwork was much more important during combat, and thats something i miss.

• forward chase is not a good idea, it makes fighting maa easier sure, but it only exaggerates positional desynching. Unless you like people hitting your back while the server is telling you they are still standing in front of you… then by all means put it back.

• I mis-clicked on my vote. I meant to vote no. So don’t count one of the votes for Yes (knight only).

• Mod

I replaced Flippy’s canceled vote.

• It sounds like a band aid fix for knight only. It sounds like a great thing at first thought but we should spend more time discovering other ways to balance MaAs, or just make forward chase return for everyone. I think it would hurt the knight vs vanguard match up far too much.

• @Xanith:

I never really saw the point of removing it in the first place, and having MaAs backpedal faster than Knights can sprint is absurd.

Thoughts?

Absolutely not.

1. MAA backpedal is not faster than knight sprint speed

2. Spacing was hardly a thing back then.

Not sure what point you are missing here. It’s a chase mechanic, not Usain Bolt mechanic.

• Bring back regular chase mechanic first plz

• Much like the bubble and other such patch 2 changes, I think you’d find if this were reverted it was never better the way it was to begin with. Especially not for knight only, we’d just be back to knight being the undisputed best class.

• @SlyGoat:

…we’d just be back to knight being the undisputed best class.

I wish this was a knight melee game… :,(

• Mod

@SlyGoat:

Much like the bubble and other such patch 2 changes, I think you’d find if this were reverted it was never better the way it was to begin with. Especially not for knight only, we’d just be back to knight being the undisputed best class.

Good. At least knight vs knight combat is fun.