[WIP] Fortification Map Contest: Antioch

• http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258550245

Here is the “first draft” of my Fortification map entitled: Antioch. The map mostly uses assets from the Ruins map, along with a few custom materials I made myself.

The story of the map involves the Masons infiltrating the Agatha-held city of Antioch and turning the city’s defenses on itself from the inside.

The first two objectives involves activating and firing siege weapons to destroy the two walls that separate the masons from Antioch’s watchtower. The final objective is to burn down the tower.
    Feel free to subscribe to the map and test it out, and please let me know if you find any glaring errors like holes in the world or objectives that don’t work.

This is my first time making a Chivalry map but not my first time with UDK so editor Jargon won’t confuse me unless it is AOC specific.

Thanks for taking a look at my map!

UPDATE:

I have had several requests to add a King objective which I am currently in the process of doing. Also the burn objective was too easy so I added a few more things to burn. The Steam workshop page will be updated in a few days with all of that.

Edit:

I would really like it if people would check the steam workshop page and help me test if the final objective works. If enough people say it works I will ask to have it put on the test servers.

• Looks cool. Some more pictures would be nice. It is kind of hard to see what you are going for.

• http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=258550245

Antioch is a 3 part team objective map in which the Masons have infiltrated the Agatha-held city of Antioch and seek to turn the city’s defenses on itself to lure the lord of the city out of his stronghold. The first objective is to capture and fire the Agatha siege weapons, the second is to burn the watchtower to cause chaos in the city and force the city guard to leave the castle and deal with the invaders, the third objective is to kill the lord of Antioch. It is the duty of the Agatha Knights to defend the city for long enough for his lordship to escape.

Updated: Added a 3rd and final “Kill the King” objective and an interior castle area, as the 3rd objective. Please let me know if there are any errors with this objective!

• Oooh, Antioch! Are we in search for the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

• This post is deleted!

• MAP FEEDBACK:

okay so i got a chance to play this one finally and i definitely see some things that keep it from being near the top tier maps out there. There are a ton of weird stuck spots and invisible walls all over the place. For example there are ramps you can climb in the 1st and 2nd objectives going on top of roofs, and you can just fall through the roof and walk through walls over there. Then inside you can see some of the checkered non textured pattern inside… or just use it as a hideout fort i guess.

On the 2nd objective defending, if you die it’s possible and very likely to spawn inside where the king ends up spawning at the end… only the DOOR ISN’T OPEN YET! so basically you spawn and you’re stuck inside the building. I guess it’s good if you don’t want to die or kill anything lol.

Finally on the king objective you spawn in the area i just discussed and the door is open which is good. Then there are 2 stuck spots leaving the castle if you don’t jump, you cannot get out. Then on the bridge leaving the castle… the right side of the bridge wall has no collision so you can actually just walk out onto an invisible platform, eventually falling into the water and dying of course. There IS collision however on the left side of the bridge.

Overall, the objectives would be okay, map doesn’t look bad… but there are a BUNCH of glaring issues like stuck spots, invisible walls, and bad spawns that would make game play frustrating, and makes this map still feel very beta, very unpolished currently at this point. Not ready for a release by any means right now.