Not good enough

• For a long time, I was under the impression that players could be banned from official servers for more than just hacking and exploiting. Silly me, going around thinking that griefing, racism, verbal abuse, ect, were bannable offences.

I had an issue with regards to a player who constantly tries to teamkill the king. When next I saw him on Stoneshill I was prepared, and recorded him and his friend committing the crime. However, when I went to the TB website I could only find options to report players for hacking and exploiting. So I contacted TB and told them I have video evidence of what they did and that this is an ongoing problem. Torn Banner’s response? “Players have the power to votekick if someone is behaving offensively”.

That’s it. When these players do it they often bring the king’s health down low enough to cost the defending team the game. And they’re free to keep doing it again and again it seems.

I am quite frankly appalled by this response. Many of the servers in my global region are run by games.on.net (GON). A GON admin once told me that trying to TK the king is considered a serious offense on their servers and someone who is caught doing it will receive a lengthy ban. But on official they can only be votekicked to come back and do it the next game. Does this mean players can persistently do things like bully other players, drop racial slurs, free-kill on team games, abuse votekick and anything else besides hacking or exploiting without fear of being banned?

• Mod

Barbaric! There’s been a fair few griefers lately on this game. There seems to be no Aussie TO servers anymore though today. No idea what’s going on. Also, them “ER” cunts keep coming back, is there any way to ban anyone with just “ER” as their name?

• The op has a valid point tbh. I actually made a post some time ago about players killing the king ( on same side as them)
    The idea one person could ruin 15 players at the peak of the game and the best part defending the king is disgusting.
    By the reply you received by TB if that is the case it simply reflects what little regard they actually have for us but for
    our wallets and money. We deserve better treatment then that.

• @Tyoson:

There seems to be no Aussie TO servers anymore though today. No idea what’s going on.

ikr what’s with that??

• racial slurs, name-calling, and all around general douche-baggery is never going to go away. on the interwebz, on a video game, well, that’s just silly to think people would act with civility, given the anonymity of the internetz. i usually ignore the chat-because i suck at this game and have to watch while i’m doing, so if i do watch the chat, i not only lose a lot quicker, but i’ll catch the banter and sometimes respond. is it toxic? sure. does it matter?no. as far as the griefing and tk’ing. again, welcome to internet games. votekicks are an option, but it may or not work. personally, i never have had an issue like yours nor do i take games that seriously, but i dont think banning people for being assholes should be an option. if we did that, who would we teabagg when we slay for talking shit?

• Turn chat off.

Unfortunately the game is not really made to work without it. Ammo Boxes of Mystery become a thing, for one.

This is of course not the best solution, the den of scum and villainy that is playing games online is bad for business and TB really should make some effort at removing the worst elements, particularly when presented with proof.

• this game has literally the worst community in all of video games

and i play diablo 3, played dota 2, played HoN, runescape and all the other games with so called bad communitys, nothing comes close to chivalry lol

chivalrys community is literally full with elitists/complete mongoloids/fedora tippers/ragers,flamers /griefers & trolls/scrublords/trashtalking competitive players and circlejerk fest

the only thing we got going for this community is the lack of cheaters/hackers and some decent people

now dont think i see myself as angel, when you played with this community since the release of this game you would lose your mind having patience with the griefers and trolls the whole time haha

personally i try not to touch the chat these days but its pretty frustrating getting votekicked just because you kill the guy over and over, even if you dont write anything some people just rage hard in chat

• If they banned every jerk there would be few people left in the community. As a king you need to watch for traitors, spies and mutineers.

• We cannot simply ban everyone that say offensive things. Although this behaviour is frowned upon, we must have evidence of its persistence before banning the user from all official servers. If your match is in an agreement that a user is reducing your level of enjoyment by being crass and offensive then the vote kick method should suffice. If the user returns and persists, simply provide evidence of the act and the users steam name and they will be dealt with.

• Mod

The official server rules are here: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/14346-Official-Server-Rules
    With specifics on hacks/cheats here: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/15341-READ-FIRST-Hack-Cheat-Exploit-Reports

If players ingame break the above rules, you can try and contact a server admin via steam on thttp://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivadmins

I’m on most days, just temp banned someone today for firebombing friendlies repeatedly.
    Obviously there are other server admins online depending on your timezone, best to check the list of mods in the chivadmins group

• What region are you in? Have you ever played any call of duty title online?

• Global Moderator

Moar admins.

I mean all I have to do is push a button and everyone shuts up and plays nicely.

We have 1 official admin in our region down here. Where Pineapple, Tyoson and myself are. And he’s never banned anyone. At all. He’s GON too and hasn’t banned anyone. The rest of the admins are just not on. I mean sneaky are you on at 4am your time? No. But that just happens to be prime time in Oceania when its barely morning in the US. I check the list of moderators no one is on some haven’t actually played the game in a year.

To add someone on the ban list I know you actually need to shit the server down add them and start ALL the servers up again. You can just add it to the ban list and on map change the guy will be banned. It makes it tough. But torn banner has the power to change that.

1 person at GON handles the chivalry banlist and he’s an admin for CSS as well. And we have a proper report system that takes all of 2 seconds for us to check. Its absolutely possible. There’s 4 admins total for chiv. At least 3 of us are admins for other games too.

You can say that “people will always be bad” all you like but we see results. The players see results.

And you want evidence you say well, enable the bloody getplayerinfo command on all your servers again and you will get 100% solid evidence from people as that is the only way to get it and for reasons unknown to the sane world its disabled on official servers.

Also those ER guys on GON all get ping kicked lol. So they are only on for a few seconds before the auto ping kick gets rid of them.

• Mod

Call of duty has a worse community aye.

• @CRUSHED:

this game has literally the worst community in all of video games

and i play diablo 3, played dota 2, played HoN, runescape and all the other games with so called bad communitys, nothing comes close to chivalry lol

chivalrys community is literally full with elitists/complete mongoloids/fedora tippers/ragers,flamers /griefers & trolls/scrublords/trashtalking competitive players and circlejerk fest

the only thing we got going for this community is the lack of cheaters/hackers and some decent people

now dont think i see myself as angel, when you played with this community since the release of this game you would lose your mind having patience with the griefers and trolls the whole time haha

personally i try not to touch the chat these days but its pretty frustrating getting votekicked just because you kill the guy over and over, even if you dont write anything some people just rage hard in chat

What the hell, I haven’t played any of your mentioned games but I don’t think Chiv community is as bad as you say. At least in my eyes. I don’t see many flamers in this game, ofc there are some but I played games with a much higher flame rate.

• dunno, i play in eu servers and every server is pretty much a flame fuckfest

• Global Moderator

@INerevar:

What the hell, I haven’t played any of your mentioned games but I don’t think Chiv community is as bad as you say. At least in my eyes. I don’t see many flamers in this game, ofc there are some but I played games with a much higher flame rate.

Crushed has a large ego and says things like “rekt” and “git gud scrub”. So he’s probably the reason behind all the flaming he’s been seeing. Hell you can tell by his post why lol.

• @lemonater47:

Crushed has a large ego and says things like “rekt” and “git gud scrub”. So he’s probably the reason behind all the flaming he’s been seeing. Hell you can tell by his post why lol.

100% truth.

• I haven’t had any of these problems in NA servers. Community is pretty decent up here.

• @lemonater47:

i join servers, dont touch chat and see people yelling at each other, i wonder how thats my fault, especially since i play on alts

• @MonkeyFiend:

The official server rules are here: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/14346-Official-Server-Rules
    With specifics on hacks/cheats here: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/15341-READ-FIRST-Hack-Cheat-Exploit-Reports

If players ingame break the above rules, you can try and contact a server admin via steam on thttp://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivadmins

I’m on most days, just temp banned someone today for firebombing friendlies repeatedly.
    Obviously there are other server admins online depending on your timezone, best to check the list of mods in the chivadmins group

Well done indeed. If its who I think he/she deserved it. I come across maa’s in T/O that always fire same side in combat
    or not. However this one ruffian was making a career out of it no matter were I came across him he was doing it still On every server I joined for weeks.