Hit trades and broken flinch

• Hey guys, lately something we have all dreaded since day one of chivalry has returned. The new hit trade meta, and broken flinch to go along with that. A prime example for a weapon that is extremely good at pulling this off consistently, is the maul.

You bow to the infamous mauler that goes by the name of spook. Your weapon of choice, the holy water sprinkler, infamous for it’s speed and ability to flinch. You’ve been waiting all day for this moment, you approach your old friend, who is now your enemy. You both salute, and on goes the engagement. You start of incredibly strong, getting in an overhead the first few moments, time goes by you’re thinking broken riposte stabs. All is going well, untill he overheads and you go in for the flinch. BOOOOM, YOU GO ALL IN, HOPING TO JUST MAYBE ONE DAY FLINCH THAT FUCKING MAUL, AND BAM, YOU HIT HIM. You take pride in yourself for winning this time, but wait what was that? HIS ANIMATION IS STILL GOING!?!?!? MAUL IS CLOSING IN IT’S ON THE RELEASE, JUST NOW YOU REALIZE YOU ARE MOMENTS AWAY FROM IMPENDING DOOM, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM YOUR HEAD IS FUCKING GONE BLOWN TO BITS .5 OR EVEN A FULL SECOND AFTER YOU HIT HIM WITH THE MOST BROKEN WEAPON IN THE GAME.

Sound like a familiar tale? Because it happens, quite a bit now. Particularly made better by leaning back, which doesn’t make much sense to me because changing your positioning shouldn’t affect what state of windup you’re in. It’s understandable if you reach him way to late, but sometimes it looks as if you reached him just on time, but his animation is still going WAYYYY after contact. Quite annoying.

We can also point to unflincahble ripostes. Now I already know what my fellow clannies are saying. “If you get rid of unflinchable ripostes, 2v1’s are almost impossible for the 1, let’s not make this game more numbers based than it already is bla blah blah…” First of all you shouldn’t be able to win a 1v2 in a competitive envrionment anyway, and you usually still lose with unflinchable ripostes it’s just annoying and game breaking. You should reward 2 players for being able to consistently flinch one player, not discourage it. Make it so ripostes play by the same rules as every other attack.

Personally I believe these issues can be fixed through timing issues, or simply reverting feint changes so we can cftp whenever we wan’t, but nooo one will agree with me there :P. Please step forward if you have any other ideas please. Maybe make flinching different for each weapon? Idk, please come up with your own opinions so we can fix this bullshit >.> without heavily nerfing weapons or indirectly buffing/nerfing in general.

• This thing happen very rarely, i don’t have problem with flinch personally and that bullshit to, hitrade meta, thats just ridiculous man, if you know how to play, you simply never hitrade unless you want to.

First of all you shouldn’t be able to win a 1v2 in a competitive envrionment anyway

:/

• @Edmund:

This thing happen very rarely, i don’t have problem with flinch personally and that bullshit to, hitrade meta, thats just ridiculous man, if you know how to play, you simply never hitrade unless you want to.

:/

Well you also main maa, so you can pick when you don’t want to hit trde very selectively, but when you can’t really choose your scenarios as much and you have to play off of your opponent a lot more, this kind of bullshit happens. Not gonna lie this doesn’t happen in comp much besides the maul, idk how you’ve never had that kind of maul experience before xD. Maybe people in eu just don’t abuse lean backs as much? It happens a lot over here.

Edit: but no lie, there are some competitive players here in America that literally use hit trading as their only strategy specifically with the maul.

• spooky and flippy are very good at it

• Relying on attacking and being within the flinch time to sexually molest a slow weapon with a fast weapon is not a guaranteed feat. If it was fast weapons would be easy in causing a lockout for slow weapons unless they were riposting. Nothing within flinch was actually changed to cause the situation you’re talking about either, it’s always been like that.

May I suggest you learn to use kick as it is guaranteed stun unlike an attack on maul players.

On the flipside we still have things like 2hflinch times being broken so that, weapons like yours, can hit and flinch 2handed weapons between combos and flinch in release is still occuring.

Game atm is just Chivalry Hittrade Warfare.

• Well you also main maa, so you can pick when you don’t want to hit trde very selectively

Huh i was talking about knight vs knight fight obviously, i didn’t play Maa much since some times, but i have done a lot of duel vs top knights in europe.

+the maul is fuking easy to fight unless you play vs a monster who can read most of the feint and play defensively, then it’s the best weapon in the game because of the stamina drain but we both know this doesn’t exist in NA, you just need to block and feint them lol, maul feint are fuking useless and easy to read, also it’s super easy to avoid maul attack just by footwork, even more now with the new tracers.

• Just play patiently against maul and use combo feint to parry. Once you do that there isn’t much a maul user can really do other than feint.

• @OBI-WAN:

Just play patiently against maul and use combo feint to parry. Once you do that there isn’t much a maul user can really do other than feint.

1800 hours, not looking for advice I just think it’s fucking dumb ^

• @Edmund:

Huh i was talking about knight vs knight fight obviously, i didn’t play Maa much since some times, but i have done a lot of duel vs top knights in europe.

+the maul is fuking easy to fight unless you play vs a monster who can read most of the feint and play defensively, then it’s the best weapon in the game because of the stamina drain but we both know this doesn’t exist in NA, you just need to block and feint them lol, maul feint are fuking useless and easy to read, also it’s super easy to avoid maul attack just by footwork, even more now with the new tracers.

Yea you’re right lmao, but in NA people don’t read feints when dueling, we just spin and overhead and feint the stabs on them mauls, which is wayyyy more effective then you might think. Spook’s playstyle is literally based off of spinning and he’s probably one of the better plays in this game atm. I matrix mauls all the time, but hit trades are just lame :P

Edit: Mike might be the closest to an eu playstyle this game will ever get.

• Sounds like you need some advice Huggles. Sounds like you need to git gud. Everyone knows EU is far ahead of NA. Maybe in a year you’ll catch up to us on our level, scrub.
    Seriously these NAjoes need to go home.

• @OBI-WAN:

Sounds like you need some advice Huggles. Sounds like you need to git gud. Everyone knows EU is far ahead of NA. Maybe in a year you’ll catch up to us on our level, scrub.
    Seriously these NAjoes need to go home.

Says the guy who didn’t know capped swing speed was a thing :P

• @Huggles:

Says the guy who didn’t know capped swing speed was a thing :P

The buttmad is strong with this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymJeiK6agBY

• @OBI-WAN:

The buttmad is strong with this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymJeiK6agBY

Think about it this way, if America wasn’t a thing you wouldn’t have anyone to flaunch your fake superiority too :O Also, if America wasn’t a thing you guys would’ve been fucked in the long run tehehehe. and without amurica there is no chivalry, NA master race

• @Huggles:

Think about it this way, if America wasn’t a thing you wouldn’t have anyone to flaunch your fake superiority too :O Also, if America wasn’t a thing you guys would’ve been fucked in the long run tehehehe. and without amurica there is no chivalry, NA master race

Stay Small Huggles.

• Mod

I don’t like going for trades, but if I see that you’re going for flinches I’ll counter it and either matrix + punish, stam you out (more attacks = more misses = less yellow juice) or hit trade you. Or I’ll get waxed, happens sometimes.

• beating spinners and matrix that play like this is literally so easy

• Global Moderator

Australia has the best players obviously.

• @Edmund:

?? I play maul against some of the best duelists while being a scrub who mains archer and I generally win just with stam drain.

maul feints are pretty good if you do late feints, still easy to read but most people won’t cuz who late feints with a maul lmao

you should never play defensive with the maul if going for stam drain because your opponent will regen his stamina, you wanna be in his face and force him to CFTP if possible, kick to drain stamina and interrupt attacks is always nice

if all else fails you can go for the lucky headshot hittrade and still win anyway

• maul is fucking awful lol

• Awesome weapon for backstabs, knocking them knights to dreamland.