CAPES PLS!

• Add in capes as a customization option, possibly only rank 40+. Capes should be available for knights and vanguards in an array of colors and patterns.

Edit: all arguments against customization are pretty stupid, this is all done by the art developers and takes no time away from the main game. Unless you’re a communist you should want capes.

• No.

/10disagreements

• @Kreittis:

No.

/10disagreements

Looks like we got a commie

• Better red than dead.

• I’ve been suggesting capes ever since customization became a thing. It would be amazing.

• custom taunt animations plz

• Capes are a little more difficult than a usual clothing. It’s gotta be flexible and bend to the environment to look good, something that none of the current clothes do. Unless you want a cape made out of stiff cardboard then they would have to spend a lot of time on it, time they could be spending on elsewhere.

• Capes are incredibly difficult to create and make look good. Batman’s cape for Arkham Asylum took 2 years of work for it too look the way to does. Capes were never worn on the battlefield because it would be incredibly easy for someone to grab it and immobilize you. So no, capes would be stupid.

• @Kreittis:

Better red than dead.

Exzazzly. No capes!

• Actually capes were very useful, like baggy clothing, cloaks, or robes would camouflage your attack, the Chinese had very baggy ‘‘garb’’ and when they swung their swords it would be very difficult to predict what they are doing. Also you could use it to distract, or ‘blind’ enemies by flashing it in their face.
    But I don’t want that added to the game :P
    I wouldn’t mind just pre animated (non physics) capes, nothing too laggy :P
    It might look weird when people have shields strapped to their back.

• What about some goddamn scabbards

• @Mysterx:

What about some goddamn scabbards

This is also something I’d like to see in the game. Probably more than capes, actually. Albatross and Flippy made some pretty good arguments as to why there shouldn’t be capes…

But yeah, the knights look weird without scabbards. I don’t like War of the Roses but at least they had scabbards and proper unsheathing animations.

• @Flippy:

Capes are incredibly difficult to create and make look good. Batman’s cape for Arkham Asylum took 2 years of work for it too look the way to does. Capes were never worn on the battlefield because it would be incredibly easy for someone to grab it and immobilize you. So no, capes would be stupid.

From a realism point, frankly no one cares. From a technological point we can have normal pre animations that look pretty decent.

• @Albatross8:

Capes are a little more difficult than a usual clothing. It’s gotta be flexible and bend to the environment to look good, something that none of the current clothes do. Unless you want a cape made out of stiff cardboard then they would have to spend a lot of time on it, time they could be spending on elsewhere.

What else can the artists do? This is a cool idea and if done right will make non communistic players happy.

• 300 has capes, your argument is invalid

• @Huggles:

From a realism point, frankly no one cares. From a technological point we can have normal pre animations that look pretty decent.

No such thing as decent pre-made animations for capes. Especially since this is UE3 and not Cryengine or UE4. Plus it would be a massive toll on everyone’s framerate with their CPU’s having to process the dynamic cape movement. Plus it would just be a bunch of screen clutter. There’s no reason to have them.

• Global Moderator

People want performance to get better not worse.

• @lemonater47:

People want performance to get better not worse.

Well I’m an inconsiderate douche with a super computer and I WANT CAPESSS!

• @Huggles:

What else can the artists do? This is a cool idea and if done right will make non communistic players happy.

I dunno, make more $8 skins? They sure are a hit already.

• Agreed, we don’t want worse frame rate, and at that, what is everyones FPS ? Mine is averages 28-38, and the more I play this game the more it seems like it is not enough.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.