Votekick is becoming a problem.

• Okay, so, we all know there’s like a million low rank servers. Right? Which makes it already a pain to find a good server. But when I do find one, odds are I’m going to get votekicked right away. Why? Let me guess, it’s because I’m a high rank player and they don’t wanna have to deal with that shit. So naturally, they kick me out.

This happened to me twice in a row just now (which is why I’m complaining about it). I joined a 3v3 LTS server and saw that most of the players were rank 0 or 1. I didn’t want to show off and ruin everything for everyone. Instead, I changed to unarmed and just ran around like a fool. That’s how I got myself teamkilled. Seriously, what the hell? I was ready to unleash hell on my teammates and everyone else the next round, but before I could do that, they kicked me out with a 100% vote.

So I joined another server, FFA with about 12 players or so. This time I didn’t even have to do anything when there was already a kickvote. I tried to reason with these idiots but all I was told was to “shut the fuck up”, and once again, I was kicked with a 100% vote.

How about a timer? “You can’t kick this player yet” if they haven’t been on the server for at least 2-3 minutes? It’s pretty shitty to get votekicked in under a minute. And I’ve had similar problems even when it wasn’t a free weekend.

• 3v3 ranks 0s sorry you were kicked, maybe you should pick on people your own size.

• @gregcau:

3v3 ranks 0s sorry you were kicked, maybe you should pick on people your own size.

literally lol

Also, I wasn’t planning on staying on that server for too long anyway. I just assumed most of the new players might stay on FFA, TDM and the dozens and dozens of Low Rank servers. Did you read when I said I joined a 12p FFA and got kicked as well? Am I supposed to predict what rank everyone on the server is before I join?

• This is why ghost names are saving the community. They can’t be kicked from the scoreboard.

• @Albatross8:

This is why ghost names are saving the community. They can’t be kicked from the scoreboard.

Ghost names?

• People really don’t like ghost names. I’m not gonna say how to do it here.

• Mod

Vote kick in the console without any player name and select the corresponding number :)

• @Jon:

literally lol

Also, I wasn’t planning on staying on that server for too long anyway. I just assumed most of the new players might stay on FFA, TDM and the dozens and dozens of Low Rank servers. Did you read when I said I joined a 12p FFA and got kicked as well? Am I supposed to predict what rank everyone on the server is before I join?

I saw that but hey it is what it is - democracy.

• The timer suggestion would cause hell. I don’t want some ne’er-do-well to have 2-3 minutes to kill my entire team unopposed and cheerful.

I think the voting system is fine now. As long as it exists, people will abuse it (unfortunate and callous, but the truth). I suggest finding a good server and establishing yourself as a member in its ecosystem.

• Global Moderator

Lol imagine how bad it’ll be on low rank servers. What’s more they can’t even call for a moderator to help as all the mods are over rank 15.

• @MonkeyFiend:

Vote kick in the console without any player name and select the corresponding number :)

Do you think a newbie will know that command? I know from experience unless you got someone who’s seen it before they won’t know what to do unless they look it up. (Which then they will reach this topic)

• I think it would really help out if they removed the votekick option in scoreboard, so that less people would really know about it. And the person who DO know about it, will most likely cast the vote whenever its neccesary, either way. Its too easy to votekick someone of chiv, but it is definently neccesary to have a votekick option, considering how a lot of people are.

• WELCOME TO NOOB FREE WEEKEND……

• @Retsnom:

WELCOME TO NOOB FREE WEEKEND……

Yup lol…

• @gregcau:

I saw that but hey it is what it is - democracy.

I don’t think you know what modern democracy is. If it’s 10 wolves and 1 sheep voting what to eat for dinner, is that your idea of democracy? In real life we have safe-guards for these kind of things. It stops being a democracy when it carries over into bullying or discrimination etc…

• We don’t live in a democracy any hoot, it’s a democratic republic :D Total democracy is absurd, people are too stupid to rule themselves, which is why we have to balance between Governmental controls, Corporations, and unions. :D A complete democracy is about as useful as a book about learning to read.

• @Huggles:

We don’t live in a democracy any hoot, it’s a democratic republic :D Total democracy is absurd, people are too stupid to rule themselves, which is why we have to balance between Governmental controls, Corporations, and unions. :D A complete democracy is about as useful as a book about learning to read.

TIL that everybody on the internet lives in murica

• @Karasu:

If you don’t live in America then you don’t live at all.

• @Albatross8:

If you don’t live in America then you don’t live at all.

We’re the only country with freedom.

• @Karasu:

It’s pretty much the same in any half decent country, just less noticeable in some regards. America just gets a plus when it comes to military dominance. People like to think their countries are unique, but by now all the decent countries have figured out what’s the best way to rule, some corruption halting progress here and there but hey, corrupt govt. better then no govt. EU places more emphasis on quality care and food standards, we have our hearts in green. Paper that is. :p Any hoot, this whole extreme nationalism thing we got between America and Europe is quite entertaining at best, the two are just not that different and each have pros and cons.