Helemts/ armour crumpling (suggestion)

• Hey guys, i thought about this the other day.
    As most people dont know, armour in the medieval days is nothing like the crap that is shown in movies, in the medieval times, people couldn’t just shear through plate armour (as shown in countless movies). Instead knights tried to crush in the armour using maces, flails, hammers, ect ; or using their swords,daggers to try and get into the chinks in the armour.

With that knowledge you all know have, The developers should implement some sort of armour crumpling random event type sort of thing, here are some examples:

-if you get hit in the chest with any type of big hammer, the armour will slowly(or quickly) cave in on the characters chest, causing him to, lose stamina, lose health, and as an added sound, have the character start breathing alot faster as if they cant breath normally with the metal crushing against them.

-if a player is hit on the top/sides of his head while wearing a helmet, make their vision limited by a large, or small, piece of crumpled metal that will procure from the area that was striked

ex:

Maybe even add some dripping blood coming off the metal?

Anyways, thanks for bothering to read, and i hope you also enjoy my idea, tell me what you guys think!

PS, im no MS paint master XD

• Interesting idea but I think it would be more annoying than anything else. It is hard enough to see when you’re on low hp and the screen goes dark and you can’t hear properly. It is also very hard to see when you’ve been set on fire and you move backwards or in any direction really as the first takes up the screen.

• I’d rather have water physics.

• and i guess it would make the non armored Archers and Man at Arms even more annoying if they wouldn’t just “slowly” drain your health but would also reduce your stamina and your field of view

• The mspaint edit made me think this was when battlegrounds was bugged and the skybox was black and distant mountains had this extraordinarily light blue contrast against it.

Also this idea, especially if “random” is not suitable. It would have to be based on a predictable system, as I do not like random variation in a game that tries to be competitive multiplayer.
    It also sounds more simulator like. I like the arcade feel of chivalry, and would not want to bog or slow the gameplay down because of what realistically would happen on a medieval battlefield.

• @roflcakez:

Hey guys, i thought about this the other day.
    As most people dont know, armour in the medieval days is nothing like the crap that is shown in movies, in the medieval times, people couldn’t just shear through plate armour (as shown in countless movies). Instead knights tried to crush in the armour using maces, flails, hammers, ect ; or using their swords,daggers to try and get into the chinks in the armour.

With that knowledge you all know have, The developers should implement some sort of armour crumpling random event type sort of thing, here are some examples:

-if you get hit in the chest with any type of big hammer, the armour will slowly(or quickly) cave in on the characters chest, causing him to, lose stamina, lose health, and as an added sound, have the character start breathing alot faster as if they cant breath normally with the metal crushing against them.

-if a player is hit on the top/sides of his head while wearing a helmet, make their vision limited by a large, or small, piece of crumpled metal that will procure from the area that was striked

ex:

Maybe even add some dripping blood coming off the metal?

Anyways, thanks for bothering to read, and i hope you also enjoy my idea, tell me what you guys think!

PS, im no MS paint master XD

Don’t balance off of realism, ever. Some of the aesthetic things you talked about could be nice though. Basically saying it’s an annoying idea that would just make stamina and restrictions more prevalent in this game then they already are, anemone of us are already pissed off at the stamina.

• I think that’s the idea behind blunt weapons doing more damage to knights.