Targeted for Harassment - Innocent player being threatened.

• I am sorry that THIS has to be my first post…

But just a few moments ago I was kicked and BANNED from one of the beta servers for no reason what so ever.

I had been playing most of the morning and afternoon when suddenly I started being accused of name theft of Vq.| clan members, specifically a clan member named Able. It was then found out that another player was simply trolling by throwing these accusations out so he was vote kicked. However, the REAL Able then joined the server and it was found that the other Able, who had been stating -I- had been stealing his name, was indeed the actual troll of the whole thing and was simply causing internal conflict on the server.

During the next few matches I was subjected to threats by RK | Blaine (Stating he is Martin on here) that I would be banned from the entire game for name theft, when I was NOT the troll and the real troll was there, under his nose, the whole time. He would not accept any of my explanations of pointing out the real troll was there and simply told me I would be banned from the game (not just the server - the entire game ) for this crap. Even when the real troll was found - I was still subjected to threats and I was never given an apology.

It was then I was still accused of this activity as well as accused of TKing. Two other players joined and began to TK me, when I asked for assistance I was told to “Push F10” and no help was rendered to me.

On the next map change I was banned from the server by vq.| members who still were accusing me of the issue when the real troll had been kicked and banned almost two maps prior…

I know that this likely is between me and the server owner but the thing is, I bought this game and have been playing the Beta, enjoying it greatly, for a week now. I supported the mod back in source and I do wish to continue to play on further. But the threats of me to be banned from the entire game worry me and especially when I have done nothing wrong, and further more this targeted harassment and banishment from beta servers.

I wish for an official stance on this, as I have done nothing wrong and I wish to continue to play and not regret preordering a game that I may ultimately have spent money on and will not be able to play because of a mixup and individuals trolling.

Thank you and I hope to see you guys on the battlefield soon.

• I don’t get it, on steam people can have the same nickname, as long as you’re not stealing clan tags then it’s not theft.

• Developer

In order to actually get globally banned from the game you have to be pretty terrible and/or be caught hacking. So you are fine unless we get waves and waves of people complaining about you on the forums I wouldn’t worry about it.

• I was accused of taking someone’s entire name.

The thing is I do not understand why I was accused of this. I joined and literally right away someone tried to votekick me. A person named Allers. So, I set up a votekick for him as it looked like another votekick troll and we got him out of the server. So I take it he had been doing it alot. Right after that these accusations came in.

I almost wonder if someone stole MY NAME and was doing this stuff and they for whatever reason think it was me.

What ever it may be, I am very disappointed as a customer that I would be getting these threats of being banned from a game I bought for something I did not even do! :|

• @Tibberius:

In order to actually get globally banned from the game you have to be pretty terrible and/or be caught hacking. So you are fine unless we get waves and waves of people complaining about you on the forums I wouldn’t worry about it.

Thank you Tiberius however it was a guy named RK | Blaine that issued these threats and stated his name on here was Martin and I see this is true.

Unless perhaps someone stole HIS name also which could be completely true.

However I was banned from the server and it was the only east coast objective map server. Sigh… I guess I’ll just stick with lag and the east coast FFA for now I guess…

• Developer

Martin is a moderator on the forums and has no power to globally ban anyone, so again, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Sorry for your unfortunate experience, remember that only players with Flags in their names ingame are game developers.

• I will remember that in the future. I am happy to see I will be able to play in the full version. Thank you Tibberius. :)

• By the way Allers is a troll, whenever I see him on servers he’s constantly cussing out everyone and insulting people.

• @Pierre:

By the way Allers is a troll, whenever I see him on servers he’s constantly cussing out everyone and insulting people.

Allers isn’t a troll. He’s one of the best players of the cRPG Mount and Blade mod, and could be an asset to the community here. :’|

No need to counter-troll. If he really trolls and people complain about it, the situation will handle itself.

• @Hearst:

@Pierre:

By the way Allers is a troll, whenever I see him on servers he’s constantly cussing out everyone and insulting people.

Allers isn’t a troll. He’s one of the best players of the cRPG Mount and Blade mod, and could be an asset to the community here. :’|

One does not prevent the other…

But I may say this is quite a surprising situation you describe, newcomer…

• Firstly, I should point out at no point did I say you would be subject to a ‘global ban’, you were warned in game by me because I was hiding in spectator after receiving a complaint about you and I saw exactly what you were doing. I said if you continued impersonating Able and Vq members whilst votekicking other players and teamkilling you would be subject to a ban on the official servers. Your steam ID/account was forwarded to me so I could keep track of it and it was definitely you, you match the steam ID. I couldn’t actually kick anyone at the time because I was having issues with the admin system; you weren’t banned from US East, the real Able initated a kick vote against you, which prevents you from rejoining the server for a limited period of time.

For what it’s worth, I also have the steam ID/account for the second person also impersonating Able and teamkilling, and both issues will be dealt with separately as and when I hear about them or see them for myself a second time.

The warning still stands though, don’t think you can come to the forums and attempt to protest your innocence to people who don’t know the facts.

• Sounds like a lot of drama, but I’m not surprised given the amount of immaturity that goes on on the servers. Kinda getting old seeing all the racist and a ton of other slurs being thrown around for no reason. I’ve also PM’d a dev a couple days ago about people abusing their powers in servers, but I forget exactly who it was I ran into. Whoever it was, was able to kick me without a vote because I pointed out the hypocrisy in his rules. He was kicking someone for one thing, but wouldn’t do anything to his buddy who was doing the same thing.

• The only people with administrator access to the official servers are devs (noted by flags in game) and 6 Moderators, myself, SlyGoat, Scorp, King, Bob and Narrator.

Edit: Couldn’t link to Moderator group.

• I think you got the wrong person there. I never impersonated anyone.

And yes, you DID tell me I would receive a global ban on all official servers. Do not try to back peddle because I came here and posted. You did not have the facts. You reacted out of a knee jerk reaction and called out and threatened the wrong guy when the troll was under your nose the whole time. Every time I tried to tell you would just threaten me with banishment from all servers.

Now that I know you do NOT have that ability anything you say, in regards to this situation, will be taken as a grain of salt. I respect you as a moderator but the way you acted and behaved was not professional and you are not giving this game a good rep by acting this way and now trying to back peddle it. It makes me wish I took screenshots at the time but I was so confused by what was happening - it slipped my mind.

Please ensure you have the real facts before ever threatening someone again.

• @Knight:

I think you got the wrong person there. I never impersonated anyone.

And yes, you DID tell me I would receive a global ban on all official servers. Do not try to back peddle because I came here and posted. You did not have the facts. You reacted out of a knee jerk reaction and called out and threatened the wrong guy when the troll was under your nose the whole time. Every time I tried to tell you would just threaten me with banishment from all servers.

Now that I know you do NOT have that ability anything you say, in regards to this situation, will be taken as a grain of salt. I respect you as a moderator but the way you acted and behaved was not professional and you are not giving this game a good rep by acting this way and now trying to back peddle it. It makes me wish I took screenshots at the time but I was so confused by what was happening - it slipped my mind.

Please ensure you have the real facts before ever threatening someone again.

I didn’t save a hard copy of the proof myself because usually I’m trusted to deal with these kinds of issues and just get the job done. I know exactly what I saw in game, so it seems its your word against mine.

I can however, prove your account was used to impersonate, to which you claim you didn’t.

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:3336775 (confirmed in game)

[attachment=0:zh7mdp1k]Able.jpg[/attachment:zh7mdp1k]

All this topic will boil down to is your word against mine. I’ve administrated servers for 5 years straight now and unless someone feels I don’t deserve to continue administrating servers and strips me of the ability, I’ll stick to it and help anyone who requests my help.

I’ll lock this topic now.

• To further back up martins claims, scum like you deserve to be banned from the game.

[attachment=0:8ysajyvn]impersonator2.png[/attachment:8ysajyvn]