FPS, Optimization bluh bluh

• So this has been brought up many times before - but still, my jimmies have been really rustled lately. Theyre getting twisted up in my pants, and its making my brows crinkle.

Yknow what TB? I like what you’ve been doing lately. GJ, tbf.

But yknow what else? Yknow what fucking stinks? Yknow what stinks worse than a festering pool of cow shit, thats been rolled in by a pack of mangy, disease infested mongrels?

The optimization on your game.

I have a mid/high end machine and even if i put the game onto the LOWEST SETTINGS POSSIBLE, and then thusly endure the visual equivalent of the armenian genocide, I STILL get a shit, fluctuating FPS that dips into the filthy, console peasant realm of 20-40 at random points during games on 24 player servers…… on several maps. An FPS that is about as smooth as foxes dick. I know guys that have the exact same problem who are packing titan blacks, and that shit is unacceptable. I know of no other game that is as poorly optimized as this one. I run every other game on highest settings, or just below it - and get stable frames of minimum 60+ on all of them.

In comparison, I dont give a shit about archers. I dont give a shit about greatsword. I just want to play the fucking game on settings that actually dont make my eyes bleed, whilst also enjoying an FPS that is at least smooth, and above 50 for christs sake. Coldfront, by the way - fucking coldfront. Oh sure, its great - apart from the fact its fucking terrible and unplayable.

My FPS has been getting steadily lower with every update to this game, and im now tired of it. FIX IT. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I am not a member of the PC MASTER RACE because i want to be a fucking 30 FPS peasant with graphics that look like closeup ballsacks JESUS

ARGHHHHH FUUUUUUCK

smashes keyboard up, punches some walls, cries because hands hurt, screams ineffectually, sobs pitifully

• Yeah, dropping to sub-60 FPS with the lowest possible settings on a mid-range rig I have is really pathetic. All I play is FFA/LTS now because it’s the only gamemodes where I get a stable 120 FPS.

• Global Moderator

And what is your mid/high end machine.

If I max the game with motion blur and Vsync off I can get anywhere between 25-60FPS depending on the map. Ragdoll timer at 170. If I lowered my ragdol timer I wouldn’t get he framerate below 30.
    AMD 5670OC-GI
    intel i5 3570k
    8GB 1600MHz Gskill ram.

Everything on low with ragdoll on 5 and I’m at the cap of 62 FPS constantly. I don’t know how high it will actually go as I haven’t removed the cap.

• With a 5670 you should be getting far in excess of 25-60fps on max settings on a relatively plain game like this and if your not pissed about it i cannot fathom you.

• Anything below 60 is unaceptable in this game. It makes reading feints and quick riposites really random.

• its just a few maps

i think its the green grass on moor and battlegrounds that gives me lots of FPS problems

i was using it in the editor and just by adding it i went from 90 fps to 40

• Global Moderator

@Triumphant:

With a 5670 you should be getting far in excess of 25-60fps on max settings on a relatively plain game like this and if your not pissed about it i cannot fathom you.

You don’t know what an AMD 5670 is do you. Its a mid range 4 year old card from AMD. 1GB GDDR5 at 795MHz. I usually get around 45-50FPS which is what I expect. It only goes below 30 on the second stage of darkforest, the second stage of stoneshill and on battlegrounds looking down from the castle walls. And of course arena KOTH but everyone gets 5FPS on that map. Citadel strangely enough I get the highest.

This is one of the only games where I get anywhere close to 60FPS. Most games I’m dredging around 30.

• Yeah. Game performs worse than ever atm. Pretty sure I used to be able to maintain 60fps with 24 players at highest settings before.
    Also, before patch 24 (I think) server performed considerably better.

• yeah it’s weird but what’s even weirder is that i get the same fps if not better if i put all my settings on maximum, even on coldfront!
    i have a mid/high end pc (gtx 760, 8g ram, asus rampage 4 formula, i7 4930k overclocked to 4.5 ghz.)
    and one more thing my brother has a better pc then i have but gets lower fps on lower settings.

• if you lower your settings it puts more stress on the CPU generally

• Torn Banner, please, optimize your game instead of doing something silly, like balancing!

• all they have to do is optimize some maps… if your fps drop below 50 then consider getting a new PC

• @zombojoe:

if you lower your settings it puts more stress on the CPU generally

Do you have a source for that?

Unless you meant the game is bottlenecked by the cpu…

• It’s only Coldfront I have many issues with, that shit map looks terrible and drops my fps to like 70, but other than that I’ve been going sub 120 on some maps on lowest with a Titan Black which I got a month or so ago due to my 780Ti having to be RMA’d (it’s mostly common problem maps like Battlegrounds), before the barbarian update I had a solid 120 on max settings with the same card though which confuses the fuck out of me.

Project optimization needs to be a go.

• Mod

I’ve said the same thing many times. Optimization and bug fixes should have priority over EVERYTHING. I’m just unsure about how much this can truly be optimized. If it were an easy thing I’m sure Torn Banner would’ve already done it so annoying people like me would shut up and leave them alone :P

• They are using a proprietary engine, the kind of skill and knowledge needed to optimize the game any further is specialized. Not the kind of stuff random programmers of game mods can do.

Deal with it and get a better CPU.

• Mod

@Toll:

They are using a proprietary engine, the kind of skill and knowledge needed to optimize the game any further is specialized. Not the kind of stuff random programmers of game mods can do.

Deal with it and get a better CPU.

This is why most the players are leaving. The moment coldfront comes on and crashes my game. I don’t play for the rest of that day. We don’t want to buy a new CPU. We shouldn’t have to. This game should run at the specifications it recommended. Properly. It does not.

You reading that processor? Are you saying we should start asking for refunds due to falsely given information? The game isn’t playing smoothly at all, on the lowest graphics, on a PC with specs WELL above what is shown to be required.

• Global Moderator

Well in general they make the minimum specs based off a machine. run the game at around 30FPS on the lowest settings.

• Mod

If it’s not running smooth it’s not running correctly, if it’s not running correctly it’s a faulty product, if it’s a faulty product it’s fraud. 30 FPS is not smooth, 30 FPS is about as smooth as sticking your dick onto a moving beltsander…

• @lemonater47:

You don’t know what an AMD 5670 is do you. Its a mid range 4 year old card from AMD. 1GB GDDR5 at 795MHz. I usually get around 45-50FPS which is what I expect. It only goes below 30 on the second stage of darkforest, the second stage of stoneshill and on battlegrounds looking down from the castle walls. And of course arena KOTH but everyone gets 5FPS on that map. Citadel strangely enough I get the highest.

This is one of the only games where I get anywhere close to 60FPS. Most games I’m dredging around 30.

mustve confused it with something good, idk - i dont know much about AMDs.

@CRUSHED:

all they have to do is optimize some maps… if your fps drop below 50 then consider getting a new PC

Not gunna buy a new card or CPU considering my shit is far newer than the actual game on all fronts. Yeah - is only some maps but its still shit, and that its still the same on lowest settings is what pisses me off.

Its dogshit, and its shoddy - got no problems on high to ultra with any other games i play. I wouldnt mind if it were stable - but its the fact it’ll sit on 120 then chug down to 30-40 mid fight and practically make me puke.