Game mode: Capture the Flag (In depth game mode idea!)

• Game mode: Capture the Flag, or if you would prefer: Capture the Banner. (In depth game mode idea!)

In the night, when vision I hampered. Sixteen warriors rise up from their hiding places and rush the enemies castle killing everyone in their path, and take up the Mason Orders banner. While they are doing this, however, the same is happening to their castle. On their way back they see a force of men with a banner held high in their midst, bearing the Agathian Knights symbol.

•Last Man Standing, when you die, you don’t respawn.
    •Game doesn’t begin until all 32 players are present.
    •First team who has successfully brought their enemies’ banner to their castles throne room 3 times win.
    •Takes place in the dark, for a more challenging experience.

The basic concept of this is that 16 people take on another 16 on a map with two castles with a couple floors to go through with a forested area between them. Everyone will spawn in the forest so they can decide if they want to guard their banner, or try to get the enemies’. When one player is lucky enough to get through the enemies’ defenses, pick up the banner (which will be in a glowing circle to start with, bearing the teams color.) and make it back to his side, and place it next to their banner (considering it wasn’t taken by the other team) without dying (He cannot use weapons, while wielding the banner. But he can block with it). If he does die in the process, the banner will be dropped and anyone can pick it up (it will be as inconspicuous looking as possible (no glowing) and people will just have to look for their banner in the dark). When found, if by your team, they can pick it up, and take it to their throne room and win the match. If the enemies team finds it, they can bring it back to their side. (I’m not sure how this will work, because the thought occurred to me. “Why doesn’t somebody take their own flag and hide?” My solution would be that they wouldn’t be able to pick it up from their own castle, and if they picked it up on the field then they would have a 30 second timer to hold it, if they do not put it where they want it in time, they will drop it where they stand and wont be able to pick it up again for the remainder of the match. (so that two people couldn’t double team it and switch off keeping it away from the opposing team.))

The map can really be whatever, just make where the banners are put identical (the walls don’t have to be the same color or anything, just make the layout the same, or at least similar). Or you can go against that idea and make a different location to finish at for a more difficult level, not knowing where it is to begin with.

Maybe you can have the option to drop the banner and defend yourself with your weapons, but the enemy can pick up the banner.

After the first banner is placed, everyone respawns and goes for the second. As i said before, first to 3 wins.

If 3 wins doesn’t make the game long enough, try first to 5? The host could also have the option to set it between 1, 3, and 5. For a better gaming experience.

If dying makes the match too short, you could have people respawn and keep defending their banner, but they would have to spawn in the forest between the castles so that there won’t be too much unfair guarding.

I did say that you would need 32 people to begin the game, but what if someone leaves? I think their could be a wait list, and the people can spectate the game while waiting. When someone leaves, the first person who waited will get in, the next person who leaves, the second could get in, and so on.

I may try to design a few good maps for this, but you guys would probably be a bit more creative on it than me.

• dont think ppl are up for waiting for something like capture the banner. but well if u keep thinking this through it might get good. i just dont really understand why u cannot have ordinary weaponry when wearing the flag and why u shouldnt respawn if the flag has to be captured three times.

• @Thorendir:

dont think ppl are up for waiting for something like capture the banner. but well if u keep thinking this through it might get good. i just dont really understand why u cannot have ordinary weaponry when wearing the flag and why u shouldnt respawn if the flag has to be captured three times.

Sorry, everyone respawns after the first banner is captured. its not perma death for the whole match. And good point, i added the dropping the banner as an after thought and didn’t really think it through. I’'ll fix that.

• I’m surprised they didn’t put this in in the first place, they have king of the hill after all, it would make sense to add it

• A variation of Capture the Flag is coming. Perhaps not soon, but confirmed as a future game mode last I heard.