Game Is in an Excellent State…

• While there are still a few bugs here and there, the state of game at the moment is absolutely spot on. I’m not sure how it is on other people’s servers right now, but here in East Asia there are TONS of people taking advantage of the free weekend, and EVERYONE is having a blast. Nobody is rage quitting, and the game just feels so solid now.

My server is almost completely full 24/7 and there are barely any rank 0 or rank 1 players anymore—because everyone who is trying the game is STILL playing now (lots of people are already getting past rank 10). In fact, I’ve asked a few people whether they’re going to buy CMW or not and they’ve all responded with an emphatic yes….

I also personally benefited from the F2P weekend because I played DW for the first time. Now I know what the devs were busy with for that year when Chiv wasn’t getting any love!! Anyway, /end fanboy tribute… :victorious: Enjoy the newb wave while it lasts…

• Global Moderator

Last I looked he complete chivalry pack was the tenth most sold game on steam and chivalry alone was 14th. So its selling.

• I’m glad it’s selling but all I can say is being an admin on my small classic duel server has been a bit tiresome this weekend. Despite me explaining what classic duel is to every new player who came in, and despite some of them agreeing not to ffa, they all did it anyways. Although they were kinda jumping in at the deep end anyways. It was literally non-stop ffa guys coming in lol.

• I’m liking it too. Patiently waiting for them to develop an mmo with this combat system.

• @wetspot:

I’m liking it too. Patiently waiting for them to develop an mmo with this combat system.

Lol fuck monthly subscription mmos. Last MMO I played was wow and I quit 2 expansions ago.

• I think we need a decade before we can even think about coding an MMO with tracers and the other nonsense that Chiv has.

Does Chiv+ not work anymore or something? I absolutely loved the FS Classic Duel server especially when it was loaded with good pubstar and clannie duelists. Pretty much learned how2play there from rank18-25 or so. Unfortunately, server’s been gone for a while and the other choices are laggy and either empty or invaded by lvl 10 randomers.

• @a:

I think we need a decade before we can even think about coding an MMO with tracers and the other nonsense that Chiv has.

Mortal Online had a very similar combat system and was an MMO. Even the same engine. I don’t think there is any kind of hard technological limitation to making a chiv-combat-style mmo. If it was properly optimized it wouldn’t even be that hardware intensive for the user.

• Does Chiv+ not work anymore or something? I absolutely loved the FS Classic Duel server especially when it was loaded with good pubstar and clannie duelists. Pretty much learned how2play there from rank18-25 or so. Unfortunately, server’s been gone for a while and the other choices are laggy and either empty or invaded by lvl 10 randomers.

There was a patch a while ago that messed up all code mods, like Chiv+. The authors of the mod had to go in and alter a few lines of code for the mod to work again. Because of this Chiv+ was causing a lot of spawn bugs that made playing imposssible. The guy who created it never updated the mod so people stopped using it.

• Paid subscriptions are a thing of the past. No one really likes them and if you do need to include them have a f2p option as well. Elder Scrolls online is a colossal money sink since you have to pay for both the game and a subscription. $60+$15 a month=no way.

• @Oy:

Lol fuck monthly subscription mmos. Last MMO I played was wow and I quit 2 expansions ago.

A lot of mmorpg’s these days arent based on a sub model alone. It’s all the rage apparently.
    If they had this combat system, I’d sub.

• Mod

I’d like to agree with you OP, I really would.

• ^I wish I could too. (buuu flinch time)

• no it isn’t, I would play if it was. I prefer gameplay over the number of players. Most competitive ppl do