Free to play?

• thoughts?

/discuss

• Synonymous with pay-to-win.

• no just go with TF2 style hats and it will be fine

in fact just copy the entire tf2 system save the itemization of gameplay changing weapons

once sales stop bringing in massive revenue for TBS of course

listen to me im the best business theorist ever

• If Chivalry had a proper customization system it could work. What we have now, while better than nothing, could be improved upon massively.

• The game has run most of its life cycle, now would be the best time for a game like this to go F2P.

• Mod

I can see it now…

“I PAID $35 FOR THIS GAME, WHY DOES EVERYONE ELSE GET IT FOR FREE! ARGHHHH MY LOINS ARE SO TENDERISED!”

• In some months yeah, they would make more money with skins from now i think, they should do more skins that you can buy individually with weapons etc and with the f2p it should work, i think the player base would be at least 20k players, dead game is dead anyway, this gonna happen soon enough.

• Mod

To be honest though. I wouldn’t care if the game went f2p. I wouldn’t feel as mad about torn banner charging for skins. Just give me a free skin that makes my character look like a goat though.

• Global Moderator

They could do what RO2 did.

Free for 24 hours. Download it in that time and you get the game free forever.

• Wouldnt mind if they went f2p, with a ton of good customisation options - like properly implemented. Fuck the idea of paid weaponry though, id rip my balls off if they did that. Like yeah, the pay to win shit.

• Free to play but you only get wooden weapons until you pay the 35$.

For $75 you get magical weapons.

• Poor people hating on pay to win.

• @dudeface:

If Chivalry had a proper customization system it could work. What we have now, while better than nothing, could be improved upon massively.

yeah with a modular customization system i can see this game succeeding in f2p

also a ranked match making would help

• I feel like they’d run out of medieval hats and would need to start throwing in other random skins/hats. I’d think it’d be really cool to play in a suit.

• idk man there are a lot of medieval helmets that could be modeled

• I have always hated the free 2 play business model as it sucks for the consumer all the way around. I dont mind paying a monthly fee for certain games, if it runs flawless, on the devs servers only with good pings. But sadly there are only a few games that I would consider worthy of playing and that fit the criteria as many games are not the type of game to set up that way… Aces High is the first to come to mind as you pay a monthly fee but all content is available at initial purchase.

• I’d be fine if it went F2P as long as you couldn’t buy weapons. But I’d still prefer a fresh start with a sequel.

• I think it would be great cause the player base would become alot bigger

• @Retsnom:

I have always hated the free 2 play business model as it sucks for the consumer all the way around. I dont mind paying a monthly fee for certain games, if it runs flawless, on the devs servers only with good pings. But sadly there are only a few games that I would consider worthy of playing and that fit the criteria as many games are not the type of game to set up that way… Aces High is the first to come to mind as you pay a monthly fee but all content is available at initial purchase.

Free to play =/= monthly fee

• @CRUSHED:

thoughts?

/discuss

Uninstall Now why don’t you. My thoughts are your a –----- ---- — who thinks because he swings a sword about
    in a video game that he is an alpha male on some forum of gamers. Get some perspective shop window