Gaming mouse

• So my old razer deathadder died after like 5 years of use and I was looking for a new affordable mouse I could use.

Right now I’m using a spare 1$ microsoft mouse.

I’d like to buy a mouse that preferably is cheap and can be easily disassembled for cleaning and repairing. With a good DPI as well.

What kind of mice do you guys use?
    /discuss

• What I want from my gaming mouse is that it comfortably fits my hand size and grip.
    DeathAdder was a great mouse for first-person shooters, but the mouse I’m currently using has a reasonable click distance to avoid any “misclicks”.

Nah, but I have no clue when it comes to expensive gaming mouses.

• Global Moderator

I actually have the 2nd generation of that mouse above. That’s the 1997 one. I have the 1999 one.

• deathadder 2013 or g400s
    also somewhere I read that the new S-gen logitech laser mice don’t have any acceleration problems, however I’m not sure

• Pretty much the same mouse that MX518 was.

G400 is not avaible anymore but G400s is, “improved” version or something.

• intelli 3 / g400

problem with the g400 is that the cable breaks extremely fast (3-6 month usually), so if you order it order one of the older 5$ logitech mouses with it that have the old cable and swap the cables, its easy theres even guides for it

other then that its probably the best mouse

make sure u get optical not laser lol

• cool, i’ll look into the g400

thanks guys :)

• use 450 dpi mayne

• @CRUSHED:

problem with the g400 is that the cable breaks extremely fast (3-6 month usually), so if you order it order one of the older 5$ logitech mouses with it that have the old cable and swap the cables, its easy theres even guides for it

This seems to vary greatly. I have heard horror stories of the cable breaking in 2 months. On the other hand, my G400 cable barely shows any wear and tear after 2 years.

• looks like you can just buy a logitech cable on ebay for a couple bucks if it ever does break and just replace it super easy

• $5 dollar amazon mouse for lyfe mayne…

• I recently bought this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roccat-Kone-Performance-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B009DYOPJQ and can recommend it, it’s a nice mouse.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

use 450 dpi mayne

you play at 800x600 or somethin?

• G700s here. super comfort.

ppl with weird ideas about mice in this thread. though i don’t play with super low sens and haven’t noticed any acceleration issues.

• I’ve heard Logitech’s support and RMA are great.

After my Steelseries Sensei Raw broke down (shitty cable, shitty tech support) I was looking for a mouse with the same features and the G400s was well recommended and had the most features for that amount of money (dat sensor, multiple side buttons, on-the-fly DPI).

I ended getting another one (Corsair M65) because I didn’t like the G400s ergonomics (claw grip with large palm and short fingers).

• @Kreittis:

This seems to vary greatly. I have heard horror stories of the cable breaking in 2 months. On the other hand, my G400 cable barely shows any wear and tear after 2 years.

I unfortunately am one of those people who suffered from the dreaded cable death after two months of use, but my G400s has been going strong for a year now.

• Well I bought G400s, it ships in about 2 weeks.

• @zombojoe:

Well I bought G400s, it ships in about 2 weeks.

2 weeks? Did you order it from east coast?

• I’m in Canada, everything ships slowly and costs more here.

• I really loved Corsair’s new mouse with alluminum base but I like a few have large hands and the only mouse that is comfortable is the G400/500/700/800 body style. I had a G5 for years and it died, went with the Corsair but after a few hours my hands were aching and went and got a G500.

I will say that these mice have a potential flaw and I have had to return a few. The flaw is that the lazer can lose from banging around or even from shipping. It makes tracking not accurate. The other problem I have is that the higher DPI settings are not as smooth as the Corsair was by any means. So I keep it pretty low. But it is still a solid mouse if you have no problems.