New Class System

• Alrighty, now before my fellow elitists and superbly egotistic clannies flame the fuck out of this thread, these are plausible ideas for a possible sequel and I don’t really want to see these changes made in this current game. Now let’s get down to business.

I propose, a removal of the class system ENTIRELY. Instead, make a weapons and armor system that allows you to play the way you wish to play. The more protective the armor you choose, you lose mobility in return for health and vise versa. This would also mean the removal of special abilities. This very simple change will allow players more options and in turn, make the game feel fresh and less restricting. You can be very mobile with very strong weapons, or extremely slow with very light and speedy weapons. People will just be allowed to play the way they wan’t to play without restricting yourself to a burden as heavy as a “class” If you wan’t, we could also have the ability to change bonuses, for example putting an attachment on a sword to exchange cut for blunt, or visa versa. This sounds really extreme and might over power some things, but it really doesn’t when you think about it, as there are trade offs for ever option you take. This would also allow armor choices and weapon skins to become useful and part of the actual game.

This is a really interesting proposal that can always be expanded or modified in some way. I would be very interested to hear opinions from the competitive community. It would also make customization choices very important openings up a whole new dimension to this already amazing style of game play.

• i already suggested this a long time ago, its too much of a change at this point, for chivalry 2 i hope they will do this

• A (k)nightmare to balance. Imagine giving the current MAA a Maul. Or a heavily armoured crossbowman. Yeesh.

By keeping certain weapons in the hands of certain classes it’s a lot easier to keep a lid on the more insane stuff. Limitations in this instance make for a more elegant, streamlined design. Trying to balance a weapon in the hands of a character that might be sprinting or slogging about or somewhere in between can only create problems.

I like the idea of armour choice within classes though, much like weapons work now, rather than an all out free for all of equipment. Some could be shared, others exclusive. Armour is pretty poorly represented in Chiv, even on an exaggerated level. Say helmets were more than decorative and actually stopped arrows and such; you could have a choice of helmets that sacrifice visibility for protection. The heaviest were quite hard to breathe in, which could lead to stamina penalties.

• Definitely a cool idea. Doubt it will ever be done for Chiv, but

@CRUSHED:

its too much of a change at this point, for chivalry 2 i hope they will do this

• @McLumberjack:

A (k)nightmare to balance. Imagine giving the current MAA a Maul. Or a heavily armoured crossbowman. Yeesh.

By keeping certain weapons in the hands of certain classes it’s a lot easier to keep a lid on the more insane stuff. Limitations in this instance make for a more elegant, streamlined design. Trying to balance a weapon in the hands of a character that might be sprinting or slogging about or somewhere in between can only create problems.

I like the idea of armour choice within classes though, much like weapons work now, rather than an all out free for all of equipment. Some could be shared, others exclusive. Armour is pretty poorly represented in Chiv, even on an exaggerated level. Say helmets were more than decorative and actually stopped arrows and such; you could have a choice of helmets that sacrifice visibility for protection. The heaviest were quite hard to breathe in, which could lead to stamina penalties.

For the first part you’re entirely wrong as I said I would remove special abilities altogether. The worst that could possibly happen would be a knight carrying a great sword, which still isn’t bad at all. Great sword is much better in the hands of a more mobile class because your footwork allows you to manipulate your attacks easier. This is why vanguards are king of dragging, not just the weapon type. This would just allow people to play how they deem fit, which would be more fun and in general, would make this game feel fresh and new.

Edit: I agree with range weapon restrictions however, you have a point there. As far as melee goes, the more choices the better. So it would be like if you choose any ranged weapons you’re limited to lowest health possible, and only smaller teir secondaries. But, everything else should be a free choice, so we can mix and experiment.

Edit 2: Never balance a game off of realism, your armor should only increase your health pool and give you some resistance to certain damage modifiers like pierce, cut, and blunt. As a result of my modification suggestion we can make 9 possible armor sets, each with 1 major pro, 1 pro, and 1 major con. As I always say, anything that makes stamina more prominent is a downer, this is chivalry medieval warfare not stamina manager 2014.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• testttttttttttttttttttttttt

• Great idea. No dodge crutch, no getting backstabbed from the front, and no flying vanguards. Maybe TBS could even include an in-depth character customization system since your character’s armor/appearance would no longer be tied to class. Perhaps even unlockable cosmetic stuff from playing the game like how TF2 handles that.

Also they should make it possible to wield a greater variety of weapons in one or two hands like the morningstar/dane axe because I saw it on Clay’s stream and it looked awesome as hell. I’d definitely buy a Chiv sequel in a heartbeat if something like these were features in it.

• Yeah I think it’s a good idea for a Chivalry sequel or expansion pack.

• Yes and no gimmicky moves like dodge and charge attack.

• @Huggles:

I propose, a removal of the class system ENTIRELY. Instead, make a weapons and armor system that allows you to play the way you wish to play. The more protective the armor you choose, you lose mobility in return for health and vise versa. This would also mean the removal of special abilities. This very simple change will allow players more options and in turn, make the game feel fresh and less restricting. You can be very mobile with very strong weapons, or extremely slow with very light and speedy weapons. People will just be allowed to play the way they wan’t to play without restricting yourself to a burden as heavy as a “class” If you wan’t, we could also have the ability to change bonuses, for example putting an attachment on a sword to exchange cut for blunt, or visa versa. This sounds really extreme and might over power some things, but it really doesn’t when you think about it, as there are trade offs for ever option you take. This would also allow armor choices and weapon skins to become useful and part of the actual game.

Excuse me sir, I think this is the game you are looking for http://store.steampowered.com/app/42160/

• @Terminally:

Excuse me sir, I think this is the game you are looking for http://store.steampowered.com/app/42160/

shaddup, Git Guddith

• @McLumberjack:

A (k)nightmare to balance. Imagine giving the current MAA a Maul. Or a heavily armoured crossbowman. Yeesh.

It’s like War of The Roses all over again, big no from me.

• I think its a good idea. Just gotta make sure no dumb combos occur like unkillable platearmor dagger spam in War of the Roses. Gallowglass long axe for lyfe. Probably not gonna happen in Chiv MW though. I agree with removing stupid shit like dodge and charge too. Hell, remove those now.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.