[In Progress] DC Vs Marvel Mod

• Hey guys, I’m Irish. I’m posting here today to look for a little help with a new mod for Chivalry I’m developing with some friends. We aim to create a last team standing style mod, two teams of five of DC and Marvel characters. We are in the process of porting over custom content and setting up the classes and unrealscript config files but the job is too big for just three of us.

Planned characters Include:
    DC:

1. Batman
    2. Cyborg
    3. Green Lantern
    4. Green Arrow
    5. Talia al Ghul

Marvel:

1. Captain America
    2. Iron Man
    3. Hawkeye
    4. Wolverine
    5. Black Widow

The idea here is to make each character unique and also to attempt to give an accurate representation of the character.
    To accomplish this we want to give each character at least one passive ability, one active ability, and maybe some custom weapons on a case to case basis so for example. :

Batmans passive: Batman’s reinforced suit protects him against projectiles and stab damage(reduced projectile&stab damage compared to others)
    Batmans active: Batman can use his bladed wrist gauntlets to block blunt and bladed weapons with his hands.
    Any custom weapons?: Possibly batarangs and a grappling hook.
    All characters will have some form of melee attack.

expect each other character to be set up in a similar fashion.

If you think you can help

We still need:

• Sound effects
    • Particle effects
    • More asset artists(rigging, texturing)
    • Map artist
    • Someone more experienced with unrealscript or object oriented programming.

I’m making this mod because I’ve always wanted to play as my favorite characters in chivalry, I feel like deadliest warrior could be a good platform for it. Please feel free to ask questions and comment. If you’d like to assist I can be reached on steam under the same screen name, or just private message me.

• Update: Can anyone guess the first character we plan to add?

It’s time for the viking shield toss to get a super overhaul.

• I can’t help, but kudos for giving this a shot. Please share some artwork pics when you can. :)

• Can anyone guess the first character to be added?

It’s time for the viking shield toss to get a super overhaul.

• Cool idea, but I think the selection of characters is a bit weird. Most characters in the list are either ranged or fight with their bare hands, don’t they? Unarmed combat is a bit awkward in chivalry and too much ranged is not really Chivalry anymore.

It would be a lot easier to use characters that already use melee weapons, such as Thor, Deadpool, Daredevil, Blade, Gambit. And for DC, I don’t really know… maybe Wonder Woman? She uses a sword, I think. Aquaman has a Trident. Harlequin uses a maul but she is a villain, don’t know if you are planning to include those. My knowlegde of comic book heroes is limited, to be honest.

Another idea would be to redesign the characters so that they use ancient weaponry… Captain America as medieval knight with armor and sword & shield? Anyways, it’s a lot faster to use characters that use melee weapons and reuse the CDW animations. It would also allow you to release the mod earlier, get a playerbase and keep yourself motivated.

If you need help with getting the initial script files set up, I made a mod Template for Deadliest Warrior. You can download it here:
    http://ge.tt/6M6Lfbh1/v/1?c

The instructions are the same as the normal chivalry mod template here:
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19492-Creating-a-custom-weapon

• To clarify about the character list, obviously until I start importing models and getting something concrete, things are subject to change, however there are a few characters that I definitely want to see make an appearance and I think could work quite well, such as Captain America. I do agree that using characters that use weapons would make things easier, and I do plan to re-use some animations.

Keep in mind, if you don’t see mention of a character you like immediately, that doesn’t mean they aren’t being considered or discussed for future implementation.

I’ll check out that mod template, it seems like it could be helpful. Thanks :D

• Developer

I’ve personally always thought of the viking shield throw as Captain America even previously, pretty cool to see this. Best of luck with it and looking forward to updates :)

• Thanks!

Update: We’ve added a few new team members and work is progressing on Captain America, on the back burner we have the god of thunder and your friendly neighborhood emerald archer. Stay tuned guys!

• Will you also be doing voice acting? Characters grunt, laugh and talk after all. It would be interesting to hear a woman’s voice in chivalry for the first time, people been asking for women to be in the game forever, I don’t know why since there has been relatively few female warriors.

• I’m doing the best I can, but our team is small and in some areas inexperienced. If given the time we can include a bunch of voice clips, from the movies or some other source. At the moment I’ve ran into a bug while trying to compile which is seriously hindering development. I’ve yet to find an answer.

On a lighter note, another one of our modelers is currently working on the green arrow bow and some trick arrows.

• @vXiRiSHXv:

I’m doing the best I can, but our team is small and in some areas inexperienced. If given the time we can include a bunch of voice clips, from the movies or some other source. At the moment I’ve ran into a bug while trying to compile which is seriously hindering development. I’ve yet to find an answer.

On a lighter note, another one of our modelers is currently working on the green arrow bow and some trick arrows.

Have you tried compiling the mod template to see if that works? It could be something in your code that is causing the crash. If that doesn’t work you could try using Steam to verify the integrity of the game’s files.