TB, competitive community seriously needs your support.

• I don’t understand why you still cater to casuals who only play for about a week or two, when you should be catering towards veterans and competitive players. It seems as if the whole infrastructure of advertising is broken here. You can set up tournies give out huge cash prizes and in turn set up buy ins for these tournies and get some publicity for yourself. Sell t-shirts, company bonds etc. but no, you seem to love having short bursts of undedicated noobs play during a sale who only leave after the week with no will to support this game. I’m very glad with the latests balance decisions and the way the gameplay is going, but you have forsaken your competitive community from the start and have never even mentioned it when you advertise. All of the best games out there (excluding single plyers ofc) have an extensive competitive community, and it is not something you can ignore if you wish to maintain and progress with your results. I’m sure everyone else who have spent more than 100 hours into this game ill most certainly agree. Please just swoop in, lead this divided community and set up a long lasting franchise, or watch your game slowly wither away with a less and less dedicated community. Your choice Torn Banner, I would normally post in the competitive section but we all know you never check those threads……

• thanks to Kt for organizing the 2v2… and letting flippy and I play despite my late wake-up due to hangover.

• It’s a shame, could’ve been a nice competitive niche game but I’ve lost any hope for a thriving competitive scene.

• lol Maybe Chiv 2.

• Mod

Maybe because they think the competitive players are casuals as well :O

• Don’t lose hope.

• Mod

If Chivalry 2 added proper matchmaking it would be huge. They should make a Chivalry “GUN” game mod. I’d be playing that all the time. That way no one can complain about OP weapons because the weapons will cycle each kill you get. (Unless you get fisted, than you lose a level)

• @Tyoson:

If Chivalry 2 added proper matchmaking it would be huge. They should make a Chivalry “GUN” game mod. I’d be playing that all the time. That way no one can complain about OP weapons because the weapons will cycle each kill you get. (Unless you get fisted, than you lose a level)

Already been done in chiv+. TBS chooses not to endorse it.

• You have to step back and look at the big picture. Looking at the way the pubs/casual players are belittled and call names
    here by many clan queens and small groups of troggs , can you really expect TB to want to be seen supporting the ethos
    of such community dividing groups or individuals ? They have a public image which must be upright. Try to show TB
    you can all get along and deserve support, bring me a donut.

• @loin:

You have to step back and look at the big picture. Looking at the way the pubs/casual players are belittled and call names
    here by many clan queens and small groups of troggs , can you really expect TB to want to be seen supporting the ethos
    of such community dividing groups or individuals ? They have a public image which must be upright. Try to show TB

That’s how it is in literally every single successful competitive game on the planet.

Plus nobody here insults bad players because they’re bad. We insult them because they’re incredibly stupid. Big difference.

• @Flippy:

Plus nobody here insults bad players because they’re bad. We insult them because they’re incredibly stupid. Big difference.

thats the same thing bruh

• To be fair, it can go two ways Loin, from my experience it’s usually the “bad” players who insult and call out the “clannies”, most frequently seen on public servers

• Do you know a Company or Thriving business that wouldn’t mind being seen as supporting a comp or pub scene being
    insulting and abusive to the other. Apart from locking posts or posting announcements how often do you see one of
    the DEV team jumping on a post or joining a conversation ? You don’t. The minute they make one slip its a press
    nightmare. I am sure they would support an objective comp scene with out the rough edges tbh.

• @loin:

Do you know a Company or Thriving business that wouldn’t mind being seen as supporting a comp or pub scene being
    insulting and abusive to the other.

Valve and Blizzard are pretty notable examples.

• They know this because we’ve already told em before your arrival on these fowums.

They don’t care or don’t know how to do it. They make abominations like Deadliest Warrior instead.

Imagine if all the time, money and effort went into CMW instead of DW.

• @Sophax:

They know this because we’ve already told em before your arrival on these fowums.

They don’t care or don’t know how to do it. They make abominations like Deadliest Warrior instead.

Imagine if all the time, money and effort went into CMW instead of DW.

Sure would of been nice…

• They gave me some support back then when we opened the ESL ladders by advertising the cups and news on the chivalry-facebook page. But that’s it. I don’t understand it either. They made some interviews with some clans in the first months and after that they just lost interest or something. There is so much they could have done but now it’s too late I guess. Look at the competitive community, pretty much everyone lost interest.

• @loin:

You have to step back and look at the big picture. Looking at the way the pubs/casual players are belittled and call names

Just step back a little and review some of your posts. Do you actually realise how many of your posts have insulting comments in them?

• @gndo:

Just step back a little and review some of your posts. Do you actually realise how many of your posts have insulting comments in them?

Hey man, thats his opinion alright? Don’t dare criticize his opinion… In my opinion I am the king of america…

• Also, did you ever look on the steam forums or on reddit? Do you know many times clans and clanplayers got insulted there (including me and TEMPLAR)? No one insults new players because they are new.