Best MAA Weapon?

• My vote goes to Quarterstaff.

Stabs longer than a LONGSWORD stab(tested, not exaggerating), Decent hit to kill on torso (4 on knights, 3-4 on vanguards, 3 on MAAs, 3 on archers), faster windup/longer release than a broadsword, insanely fast attacks. The slightly worse than average HTK isn’t as much of a factor because of the speed. The main weakness that you encounter is 4 shotting vanguards, and having to hit them by opening with a stab(has a 4 hit to kill) because of the lack of range on other attacks.

I find in teamfights I can spam LMB on my enemies combining it with dodges and most people just can’t parry it consistently, especially when I feint occasionally. The LMB has some crazy horizontal range on it too, I find myself swinging through two enemies at the same time quite often. Really good for killing knights and MAA very quickly, you can essentially run around and duel everyone, killing them extremely fast. Or, you could play a supportive role, being able to open up enemies’ defenses farily easily and get free hits in during 2v1s. It’s also easy to lock down enemies and prevent them from target switching. I find that fighting shield knights is also much easier than with a broad.

I recommend getting comfortable with a broad first though, I find that if I used the qstaff too much, I would start to depend on it’s bullshit speed and range. It’s always good to have enough skill to use any weapon. QStaff is easy mode, free hits all day.

Keep in mind that in teamfights, you will most likely be getting assists if you’re engaging earlier than most of your team. The damage from your teammates should be greater than yours. You could just be a vulture and just last hit everything for EZ high K/D, that works well too, but it requires that your teammates engage eariler than you. I recommend learning how to do both dynamically to be truly effective.

Qstaff is now one of my new main weapons.

This is for fun, but it’s srs bsns. Post your ideas. :P

• Holy water sprinkler

• Every weapon is god tier on MaA currently.

• Broadsword, HWS against knights, rest is shit

• Meh.

I thought I finally found a reason to view Quarterstaff as viable when I started feinting with it too, but then I realized every MAA weapon requires great reflexes from the opponent. Add in feinting…
    Not cool. I don’t expect people who need to parry as soon as they see me wind-up a fast weapon to be able to see the difference between a feint as well. I fight average gamers, not supermen that all manage to keep a steady 120FPS.

Fast weapons with feints are usually countered by keeping distance. Which is why I keep saying Man at Arms need their back-dodge or forward-dodge distance decreased. Feel free to revert the stamina cost nerf to balance it out.

It’s also noteworthy to say that the Quarterstaff’s stab is not it’s fastest attack.

• @Rickvs:

Meh.

I thought I finally found a reason to view Quarterstaff as viable when I started feinting with it too, but then I realized every MAA weapon requires great reflexes from the opponent. Add in feinting…
    Not cool. I don’t expect people who need to parry as soon as they see me wind-up a fast weapon to be able to see the difference between a feint as well. I fight average gamers, not supermen that all manage to keep a steady 120FPS.

Fast weapons with feints are usually countered by keeping distance. Which is why I keep saying Man at Arms need their back-dodge or forward-dodge distance decreased. Feel free to revert the stamina cost nerf to balance it out.

It’s also noteworthy to say that the Quarterstaff’s stab is not it’s fastest attack.

I actually have quite a good “vs feints” strategy, and utilizing the stab’s insane range is easy when enemies try to keep distance.

I can even fight shield knights who feint with ease, mainly because of my stab. stab and contest the shield, hopefully he underestimates and tries to trade, free hit bam, side dodge and overhead to keep pressure. Keep distance, if knight gets close, dodge, if he feints, dodge, if you read a feint and parry, you can go for a superspeed riposte. It’s quite a patience game though, as we both need to manage stamina.

I personally think the distance of the dodge is fine, and the stamina cost is fine.

• Broadsword best all round IMO.

• dane axe and ms: great draggers, for anything other than maa
    broad, norse: good allrounders, great against other maa
    hws for knights and kendo

quarterstaff is shit-tier

• quarterstaff was uber-tier back in 2h flinch times.

• I knew Nova would mention 1/4staff the second I saw Last Post: Today 06:30 PM by NoVaLombardia

• hatchet heater

• @Ranulf:

hatchet heater

oh god please no

• @Albert!:

oh god please no

french meta

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I knew Nova would mention 1/4staff the second I saw Last Post: Today 06:30 PM by NoVaLombardia

Mah Nickelstaff

• old 2 hander flinch times + quaterstaff = totally awesome. MAA dishing out 2 hander stamina damage /reduction oh it was splendid.

• Firepot clearly best weapon. Its unblockable

• imagine old qstaff with superdodge

now THAT would’ve been the best meta

• MaA can use fists and still manage to beat knights in 1v1s. They just have to spam the win button (V) and backpedal when they are out of stamina.

• They just have to spam the win button (V)

If someone still uses V to dodge as MAA, they’re a bad MAA.

• I think qstaff is by far the worst weapon in the game. All the 1h sharp weapons have better stats except for slightly less stab reach.

Obviously the best weapon depends on the given situation, what your opponents have. But ah, its probably thrusting dagger. Range doesn’t really matter since its the fastest class and has dodge. All that matters is speed. Add to that the fact that with any amount of ping, the dagger’s attack is disjointed from the animation and you have a broken ass weapon.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.