7,800 concurrent players

• God damn that free weekend sure helped this playerbase, gonna hope all this new blood doesnt get frustrated cause of the vets !

I was wondering why there was so many servers, checked steam stats and was pleasantly surprised. Imagine if the game was F2P at this point :o

• Back to 2000 after 2/3 weeks like always.

• make Chiv f2p, then add tons of helmets.

• did they keep the free going over the canadian long weekend or is 7800 the new player base? But yeah be interesting to see what happens in 2 weeks, I think the noob servers helped everyone have a great experience - despite level 50+ bitching like noob slaughtering whores.

• Global Moderator

If the game went f2p the same thing would happen as always. The numbers would die down. And you won’t get any competitive players from it being f2p for ever. Those that would have wished to become competitive would have already got the game.

• @lemonater47:

If the game went f2p the same thing would happen as always. The numbers would die down. And you won’t get any competitive players from it being f2p for ever. Those that would have wished to become competitive would have already got the game.

Ya you’re right. Dota, LoL, and Tf2’s numbers are really suffering right now.

• You heard it here folks. Free=less people want to play. So simple

• @lemonater47:

what

i cant tell if you are being serious

• Global Moderator

@Karasu:

Ya you’re right. Dota, LoL, and Tf2’s numbers are really suffering right now.

And you you compare Dota and TF2 to this???

Lower skill ceilings, less bugs and really far less frustrating for new players.

I’m saying you will get a big boost again but the numbers like always will go back down to a steady 2000-3000 again of concurrent players.

• really shitty korean f2p games that have more bugs and are riddled with hackers get more players anyway

• Global Moderator

This is chivalry. We know what happens with chivalry. We know why most of the new players don’t stick around. Making it free to play forever wot change that. RO2 did a similar thing. Free to play if you downloaded it withen a 24 hour people. People left becuase it was hard many of you here said that’s why you left. You all thought it was unbalanced. Many new players think this game is completely unbalanced and that vanguards and knights are OP.

First impressions is what gets players. The game doesn’t have very good impressions and much of you guys hate new players for not knowing how to play so make things even worse by abusing them. Making it free to play ain’t gonna work.

• @lemonater47:

• @lemonater47:

Dota Lower skill ceilings, less bugs and really far less frustrating for new players.

Wait, what? I can agree about the bugs tho.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Ya that threw me off. Lemon’s funny.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

hes right what he said lol

• @CRUSHED:

hes right what he said lol

chiv was only frustrating for new players if you thought CFTP was an exploit.

lel

• @NoVaLombardia:

lel

depends what we define as new players, a new competitive player sure, the average pleb these days? lol look at the steam forums

• TB would have to make a good tutorial first

• @afiNity:

TB would have to make a good tutorial first

this ^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Global Moderator

@NoVaLombardia:

lel

You looked at the steam forums? First person is apparently an exploit.